How do you see yourself progressing in poker?

oneybiggs

oneybiggs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If they continue robbing honest players,and getting hammered with every trick under the sun like being crippled for not pushing the "must be cheated now,must not be seen as a winner " button...well then i suppose they will become a desolate waste after i get mine back a thousand fold.But if they manage to create an even ,fair playing field as ACR is trying to do and i suspect being hammered and crippled for it by the scummy dross powers that be,then i wish them all the luck in this world plus some more,may the almighty crush their enemies beneath their feet and magnify his activity through them,amen to that i say....i guess thats what i think :p:captain:

M

molokheia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi There
Me...i want to keep playing increasing my bankroll and one day play and win a big tournament
Thats it
Rgds

MrDuke76

MrDuke76

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
how do you see your future in poker ?, expect to be a poker pro, will play only with what you have available money, will play just for liking to play or you have other options.

I’ve been playing for about 15 years. Serious rec player but want to take the transition into going pro. I live in the perfect place for it too. Right next to Los Angeles where all the great card houses are and about 3.5 hrs away from Vegas... living here has afforded me excellent exposure to a good mix of live and online games both cash and tourneys.

B

Badbeatbobby

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I want to go pro! I have a lot of free online poker site experience and great results. 25% cash game winning percentage, 26% SnG percentage, 31% shootout win rate and 1 win over 300 person field with 29% in the money in 200-300 person tournaments. I have just over 6000 hands and already have $460,000,000. Every App is very similar. Won 8 out of ten cash games and 1 second place in a live tournament out of 3.

I am not at WPT standards yet. I know winning percentage of most scenarios, pot odds, I need to fully understand implied odds and being able to calculate in my head exactly what are the odds in every situation. I have a close estimate and good intuition and I mix my style of play nicely.

I need a Tbone if any one knows someone!!!

Maikychan

Maikychan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm doing well and improved my game a lot!
I h
ope 2020 be better than 2019.

W

west28

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would like to go pro, Play less! earn more money win more and be luckier.

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I'm going to play poker because I like it. I dreamed that the others would reach a higher level but that remains to be seen.

ldw22

ldw22

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good morning, I've posted a few depressing posts about myself and the downsings of tryingnto be a professional gambler in the short time I've been on this site and had great feedback from all. It's been 13 years since I started and I'm still at square one, habits, getting stagnant, lazy to improve, and pure bad luck every time at the table has me lose 10's of thousands in over a decade, I was in my early twenties wanting to live out a dream and run well travel the world become a high ranked poker player and party now seriously I'm in my mid 30's wasted so much time losing and going through hardships of waiting every two weeks for a paycheck, burned bridges with family and friends, lost respect for myself, stayed in the old ways of approaching the game in the early 2000's and not adapting, now I see others at 19 years old with great winnings and I look at myself and see how sad and pathetic I am. Didn't invest in stocks, a small business, or go to school, got weight issues, and don't dress right I have extremely poor bankroll management where I eat out, play lottery, spend on women, waste on hotels, and do it all over, so my goal to be a professional will honestly never happen.....truthfully there's phil ivey and then there is myself on the not so glamorous side of poker, the real truth....i hope you all reach your goals, not looking for anyone feeling sorry or anything, it just really is sad how one's life can spiral downward from something that once had me so motivated to now broken down and not even fun anymore and just a true loser by all definition.....

Sent from my SM-J327T1 using CardsChat mobile app

There's a slogan in the UK for an anti-gambling-addiction campaign, it says "When the fun stops, Stop." I think this might apply to you, because it seems like the poker (possibly alongside some other life choices) is really harming your self-worth. All life is valuable, your life is a gift, please don't give up on it. But maybe give up on poker, at least for a while - or switch to micro stakes/freerolls and just play for fun. It sounds like you actually gave becoming a pro player a real shot, which is more than most of us can say, so just remind yourself of that, you actually went for it, nobody can take that away from you. But it also sounds like, ultimately, you didn't have what it takes (just like most of us) and there's no shame in admitting that. When I'm getting INCREDIBLY stressed out by my kids (which happens on an almost daily basis!), my wife reminds me to "find the joy" in life. Your choices aren't bringing you joy at the moment, so try to make a couple of different choices, and I really hope they will work out for you. All the best.

ldw22

ldw22

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Re. progressing in poker, I would personally love to build my bankroll up to the size where I can follow bankroll management guidelines and still earn a reasonable supplemental income for my family. I can't see myself ever becoming a full-time pro because I'm not prepared to risk a big enough starting bankroll for my wins to make me any major profit in the short-term, so it's going to be a very long, slow grind just to get myself up to the "supplemental income" levels! But I love the game itself, so even if I never make enough that it improves our family life in the slightest, I'm still gonna keep playing, and having fun.

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi the ALL! First of all, I'm will play in the Poker anyway, because me very like
this Game and because in the Poker are very many different kinds of this
wonderful Game, and possible to choose any or combine several at once!
And only all another after... In one word, step by step: stabile work above your skill,
permanent practice, growth my bankroll and rise by limits, Online Poker and
Live Poker, and etc... Such I see my Future in the Poker!:cool:

theRaven68

theRaven68

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
fast forward, nothing less, nothing more

webzy

webzy

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Progress, but slooow

Hi,

I remember playing as a newbie some years ago, and I was craaazy. I won a lot because of total luck.
Nowadays I'm still a newbie, but am learning about strategies for different phases of MTT's for example.
I also noticed the game depends A LOT on the stakes. Both micro and high stakes SUCK lol.
webzy

leobouble

leobouble

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
when the results start to appear it is because you are progressing, but if not positive results there is no progress

L

lablelarry

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How do you see your future in poker? Do you expect to be a poker pro, will you play only with money you have available, or will you play just for liking to play? Or do you have other plans?

I'd love to have the confidence to play live

Pokerishard

Pokerishard

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In the last time...i had to manny bad beats....I have to pass away....to forget,,,,,,,"what doesn t kill make as stronger"...And i hope i will succed in one day.

C

chattydb4567

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
wanna get better

trying to get grinding on online poker mostly on AMCR looking to be helpful and get rolling on these freerolls too lol

S

Steve Deeble

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I find myself getting more patient making more logical decisions. I try to play a more of a tight aggressive style of play that allows me to make it more frequently into the money.

T

tor_m7

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
To reach new level (higher buy-ins) in sng every 2 weeks

thwenth1983

thwenth1983

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
evolving in poker

Good morning everyone.
I realize that I am evolving in relation to patience, I am waiting and only by playing hands that I have to play according to my position at the table, I have improved in the perception of the villains.
I am analyzing the size of the raise and betting of the villains, but I recognize that I need to improve in the final part of Mtt.

AllenKll

AllenKll

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd like to see myself with a bankroll to support playing $50+ tournaments, with the occasional jump to maybe $150, if there's a really good guarantee. I feel that would be an excellent income range for me.

As is, I'm play freerolls, and micro tournaments. I track my final position percentages, and look to see my progress.. I have a BR at about $100 spread across 3 different sites

Near term I'd like to see $100 at each of those sites.

As for going pro? What's the definition of pro? Is a pro a person who has no other job and makes a living off of what he has has saved, and what he can make in poker? Then I'm already a pro, as I have no other job, and am pretty much just living on my savings... You could say I have a large bankroll that I'm unwilling to risk and would rather build a new one from scratch.

I dunno. Kinda feels bad-ass to call myself a poker pro, but I think I need a ring or a bracelet before I can get that moniker. Even if I do find myself with that external $30K+ BR, 'pro' still seems like a term reserved for the elites. Maybe not.

How do you think a 'poker pro' is defined?

Last edited:
S

ScottyDee

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
progress

I think playing all these freerolls is getting me back to my basic poker game. Was playing pretty wide for a while there but seem to be settling down and cashing more often. progress!

S

jcxmendes

jcxmendes

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
poker for me and a Fun mode! but I would like to live poker would be wonderful but as the hard, let's fun.:party:

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How do you see your future in poker? Do you expect to be a poker pro, will you play only with money you have available, or will you play just for liking to play? Or do you have other plans?

I hope to become one of the top streamers on http://twitch.tv/gripsed again

I also hope to get my youtube channel to 100k subscribers one day

Winnings wise, if I can make an extra $5-10k a month from playing I'm happy
and if I can make more than that I'm ecstatic!!!

2blive

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Pro player

I love the game, even when I hate it.
The ultimate goal is to WIN big while playing the circuits. I would love to run supper hot for 3-4 years winning millions, then be a positive influence in the poker community to help improve the reputation of both sides, the players and the game providers.