Have You Ever Considered Quitting Poker?

Inabit

Inabit

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
I've never considered quiting Poker but I have taken plenty of breaks which has allowed me to spend more time on other hobbies/games, but I always come back to Poker.

ficticius

ficticius

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
EC
Chips
Sometimes yes. When there is a bad streak I thought about it

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
I HAVE quit several times.

But sadly: you don't quit poker - poker quits you.

silentshowdown

silentshowdown

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have quit playing poker several times in the past because of poor performance and frustration. Sometimes I took a break for a whole year.

Now I have returned with better preparation.

It feels unfair when a reckless player wins against your preflop all-in with KK by holding A4o and hitting an A on the flop. But that's poker.

Whenever I lost to a weak player, I would tell myself: that the maniac would survive, at least for now. We have to reward them for that, so they repeat the same strategy over and over.

M

Magallaneroy

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
VE
Chips
No, I'm learning and that gonna give me the tools to be a winner player in the long term.

Stringy

Stringy

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
nope never thought about it. i'm enjoying the ride

yuriko oyama

yuriko oyama

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I just think that this is poker, and if I play it is simply because I want to, otherwise I can do something else.
Suffering too much or complaining never changes the nature of things.

R.Melnyk77

R.Melnyk77

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Sometimes I am also not satisfied with my results and sometimes I also regret that I wasted a lot of time. But in general, for me, poker is primarily entertainment. I don't count on income from the game, so the lack of any result is not such a terrible problem :)
..... I have never thought of giving up playing poker, at least not yet, I have no such thoughts.

C

cowboybebop

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dont know what you really mean by quitting poker. I feel like you can never quit nowadays. You are like 3 clicks away from playing it again. I stopped playing for about a year and now Im back again.