Have You Ever Considered Quitting Poker?

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
hello

I never considered it and I never would. I love this game !!! and I will always play it while I can !!!

TheNutz4You

TheNutz4You

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
quit? no. Have many of times taken a break to revive my drive for poker. Sometimes I go through stretches where I play poker, but could care less about playing good. Put it all in with garbage just for the lol's <<<<< not smart.

Shrops

Shrops

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
No

No. I like the game to much to ever give it up.

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
NOT! I don't think I'll ever give up. Why give up something I like? There are a lot of people who, if they have a worse period and lose some money, quickly think about giving up ... do you do that in your daily life when you run into obstacles? You have to have the ability to get over it, you can't just have bad times, everything is spinning!

D

dorynel7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yes a few times when I have badbeats but i got over it i like to play poker. GL

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am sure that every poker player has thought about giving up poker and this is normal, and moreover, there are quite a few of those who quit playing and came back.

flail1

flail1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I have never thought of quitting but do get fed up during downswings and therefore take a break now and then for a few weeks. I tend to play more in the winter months so this is when I usually need a break or two. For the rest of the time I'm playing only when I can, and only for some recreation, so I don't get as frustrated when running bad.

A

Axe1Gold

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I quit when DON ends in pokerstars.

I'm not the best tournament player in online.
But I want to learn it
In early period I'm not so bad but when we arrive to ITM I simply run out of momentum

V

Vinao182

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
man, what do you mean give up? Is it important to think about why you play poker, is it to make money? is it a hobby? I believe you have to align your expectations to reality, it's no use dedicating little time and expecting excellent results, another thing, as poker is a competition, you have to be eager to win, like a basketball athlete, mma, etc. ..

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not always lucky in poker, as well as in life, and you have to put up with it.:(:)

eniseysmail

eniseysmail

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Before thinking about such a question, you need to determine what goals you set in the game. Is it entertainment for you or something else. Besides, playing poker takes up some of your time. Quitting poker - you will have this time and it will be necessary to fill it with something. And if you find something to do that will cover the freed up time, then the question of stopping playing poker is quite acceptable.

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Most people quit.

Many of them multiple times daily.

J

jesusali1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I did consider it because I didn't always have options to play because I didn't have much time, poker is not a game it's just a way of life, in which we can improve every day, but this idea made me accept that I couldn't play anymore, now I have some time and I manage to play in the evenings.

stewart murray

stewart murray

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I have quit poker but always return to play again. When you go through the bad periods just take a break and then come back with a clear mind.:)

W

wwwb66

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always quit poker after a bad day ... but come back the next or another day. I am still aware that the best is ahead of me.

Datdude1

Datdude1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I often think about quitting poker when I lose. I think that not playing is better because I won't lose again but that thought quickly passes and I'm playing again.

L

Laynester

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think I'll ever quit playing poker

I love the game too much!!!!

I can't stop loving you.....

Have a great day!

..bluff..

:)

iWin210

iWin210

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Every night before I cry myself to sleep hahaha

bra01

bra01

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Whenever I suffer from a continuous downfall for more than a month, I have already considered giving up playing poker, but so far I still insist on my belief and never give up, hoping it can change my destiny

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
Only when I hit a rough patch which is almost every week these days.

oakthyago

oakthyago

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
there always times when you are not more envolved in this universe. Right now indeed I am at this moment. In portuguese we have a good word for this that a old girlfriend used once and I never forgot, it a hiato, or a gap.

V

Vizzy

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
No. I enjoy playing poker, and do it for the entertainment not a possible income channel. I have accepted that bad beats and crappy hands will occur at times. (probably more than I would like)

Bugi

Bugi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think about quitting. I keep at it and take breaks now and then. I look at it as a long term project to get better than I am now.

The measuring stick is that I am better than I was two years ago.