Have You Ever Considered Quitting Poker?

nerobs9

nerobs9

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Hi, friend!
Players usually want to quit poker when they came to the game for a salary and were very disappointed)
I play poker for fun. Yes, sometimes there are such bad beats that everything boils inside) I invest a little money in the game: exactly as much as I can spend on entertainment.

Imagine that this is an online game where you pay for a subscription. Although sometimes investments can be returned)

L

legend309

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I quit poker for a few years already in my life. Just getting back into again

Ruslan L

Ruslan L

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I never thought of quitting. For me, poker is entertainment that brings me joy. That's why I never thought of quitting this great game :)

lyki67

lyki67

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BA
Chips
Yes, couple years ago. But I decide then that I play for fun and not to get rich. I invest not to much money and I don't expect to win huge money. It's only game.

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Never consider quitting.
I had to leave him for a while due to an illness of my wife to which we had to lend time, she has Parkinson's disease.
Today thanks to a miraculous surgery that they did to her and that she is doing very well, I was able to play poker again.
You said it, discipline, patience and concentration are the key to success.
greetings friend:):):):giggle::giggle::giggle:

kringoo

kringoo

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I already thought yes
there are days when nothing goes right in poker everything goes wrong your card never turns or you end up losing to very weak hands or you get bads
this is the sad part of poker

RagNar87

RagNar87

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Noo ! Poker is my main hobby now ! It's becoming a passion and i want to get better and better !

dgellitson

dgellitson

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I put a month self exclusion on myself and a minimum deposit limit of $20 per month.
I have lost thousands of dollars online but that isn't an admission of being a bad player! I just chase the big score and throw bankroll management out of the window. If my bankroll is say... $400. I will literally sit with the full amount in a single buy in.

Its idiotic but I consoled myself with the fact I can easily afford $400 and would rather lose it all for the chance of a few 100k or more.

Problem is, I've still yet to hit that life changing money, all the while my life is changing throughout all these small losses.

From now on will adhere to strict br management and no matter how long it takes, that score will arrive.

But long story short, YES I have thought about quitting.

NightStalker

NightStalker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
No, and I will never quit poker.

S

skaterick

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
i stop playing for several days if things are going poorly . cant stop completely though !

S

samuri

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do quit but I always come back.

W

wengz2002

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not yet~ Even when experiencing bad strict! :-(

edenman1

edenman1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nope.. Too much fun.. All that and $ too :)

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Quitting no , but taking a break yes . Having a break always helps in anything you do in life , recharge batteries , come back stronger .

10gerka

10gerka

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think I will never stop playing poker, first because I enjoy it a lot and secondly it brings me a great profitability at the end of the month, and I think I can give much more for this great game.

Edu1

Edu1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Of course in the past I stopped playing for more than a year

redboy23

redboy23

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello Poker Fans,

I have quit many times but keep coming back.

It is important to accept the nature of the game so that you can make peace with yourself and the ups and downs of poker. Evidence suggests that with patience and discipline, poker can be a great game and generate income on some level. Over the years, I have learned that adjustments need to be made on my part so that I can begin to enjoy the benefits of the game.

Cardschat makes working your way up very possible. Take some time to reflect, make adjustments and accept that you will always be a student of this exciting but ever-evolving game!

See you at the tables.

mateuszjason

mateuszjason

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
In 3 months I lost more than 2000f I had a terrible dowsing, I lost countless better hands in a row, I thought it was over. I wanted to get back at it, I borrowed to get back at it.

I was so consumed with gambling that I took a break for two years. 2 years I didn't play anything. It wasn't until I met my then wife that I knew she was the one, and that she was my guardian angel.

I asked her directly, "Honey, you know, I love playing poker, but I can't control the tilt and the bankroll, will you make sure I don't become a gambler?" she said yes ;p and since then I have been playing for 7 years and I am a positive player. not negative, I play better and better every year. Thank you, darling.

heguli82

heguli82

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
I take breaks from texas holdem and but then focus more some other games and do more betting. Its nice to watch and surround yourself with many many little situations with multiple suprises that you cant control, even after you have time to prepare yourself, think it trough for hours. For years. :D

I might not necessarily like or engage in gambling or poker this much how i do or feel about it now, if it was significantly profitable to me. I like to take a beat at the poker table from Variance Universe, and every now and then at sport bets, other games, etc., For me that keeps and brings balance in my life and as long as thats the case, i look at myself as a winner against VU. :D

A

arshuns

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I play poker for fun. So I don't need to worry about achieving any goals. My main goal is to have a good time. So I'm not going to stop playing poker.

NiallPlays

NiallPlays

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I’ve never considered quitting but I have taken breaks at times, the key is to have fun if you’re not having fun don’t play as the game can be unpredictable so i don’t take it too seriously

LaNimmer

LaNimmer

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I will never give up poker as long as I can play live. online poker though...I'm already in decline, down to one CC freeroll a day on PS. Online poker is taking a bad turn as far as I'm concerned. freerolls are going the way of the Dodo and are being offered as "Freebuys or Centrolls" and unless you shell out some additional funds, you are unlikely to make it to the slim rewards of satellite tickets that you are very unlikely to make it to the target tournament, let alone win or get ITM at best. Throw in the bots, AI threat, collussion, shady sites, inability to cash in, lack of loyalty rewards etc. It's not getting to be more fun and exciting, it's getting less so. I'm in for the CC sponsored games but alas, they could end up like GG freerolls...cancelled. I hope not but that will signal the end to me.

NootNoot

NootNoot

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
I already did once. Not for any huge reason, it was a hobby for me and I lost interest.

Happens all the time. I liked to play golf for a while at one point. At another point in my life I was learning to play a musical instrument, the ukelele, I do neither now.

Something re-kindled my interest in poker, not even sure what, just a random thought of how I once enjoyed it so I decided to start playing again.

S

Station_Master

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Yes all the time! During a bad run it's hard not to think 'whats the point!', it can be a very frustrating game. But I keep playing as love the game too much