Have You Ever Considered Quitting Poker?

A

azgeda

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I’m sometimes unhappy with my results. Running bad, bad beats can be really annoying and frustrating, that sometimes it leads me to thinking, if I should quit? I often dislike the luck that plays the role in this game and tougher opponents. Have you ever thought of quitting? If yes, what keeps you going? For me, it’s patience and discipline, I remind myself that success doesn’t come immediately.

shinmenkami

shinmenkami

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just enjoy the game, if you dont you should quit.

The lower the stakes, more braindead the opponents and less skill is necessary because at that point its just a luck game.

So maybe you are just playing agains the wrong adversaries

63burner

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Quitting no, try not to let losing get to me..

I play for entertainment purposes, leave the money poker to others. I only play what I can afford to play and shrug off any wins/losses.
This isn't a flippant attitude, I play to win. If you play enough, you know it's likely you'll lose more than you win, within a range of outcomes.

I(f you are a serious, money player, every win and loss adds up, is mission critical. that would be a reason to quit if you're not successful. I would rather accept my losses and occasional wins and keep paying.

A

alsorory

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
it depends on why you are playing, if it is for fun, then you can quit any time, if for money i think it is difficult to stop

ramdon p358

ramdon p358

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I have not thought about stopping playing because I see it as fun. I have only made one deposit, I always try to play free tournaments and maybe this is the reason

vnnby

vnnby

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Pause and eat twix. freerolls on this site are a good opportunity to invest and not give up poker.

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
If you set the goalposts for success and you're not making quantifiable progress towards it, it may be time to review your expectations. The odds are definitely against you and you only have a finite amount of time. I used to pay much more attention to poker but these days I find there are more important things to do in life that are taking priority. The good thing about poker is that the game isn't going anywhere. Sites will come and go, but we can always play more poker.

theRaven68

theRaven68

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play for fun and only when I am in the mood for it and there is no reason for me to quit

dorivaldojr

dorivaldojr

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yes, I was almost 4 months without playing because of bads in games but I came back and put it in my head that it's just a game

S

slais_pro

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Such thoughts appear when there is a series of failures and losses, but then everything passes and again you start playing normally.

Sschafell

Sschafell

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
yes, for several times more I love poker too much and that motivates me to continue!

mickathyus

mickathyus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never! I just take little breaks here n there.

P

pcurley17

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if i find myslf not enjoying the game I stop

as the saying goes, "when the fun stops, stop"

Q

Qrise

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I thought about this question, and everyone has his own answer. My answer is this: since I play MTT quite intensely, giving a lot of concentration of energy to the game, and I said to myself. I give myself 5 years of playing, and I'm leaving. And I hope that in 5 years I will be able to achieve the goals that I have outlined for myself in poker.

VVi10

VVi10

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Giving up playing I think it's very strong. Maybe we can change our frequency or play other times, but giving up is really bad. Unless it’s something that’s doing you a lot of harm.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
I never thought of quitting playing poker. Poker gives me pleasure, regardless of the results. Sometimes I take small breaks, but usually no more than a week. I think you just need to rest.

Markjduk

Markjduk

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I did tonight when I called all in with AK against 96o when he raised from late position after the flop of AK6 and I lost as the turn and river both produced a 6!

M

mp3player

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
never quit just like gambling everyone needs to take breaks on piece of advice don't take long breaks i been playing for 8 years i took like 2 year break when i came back i noticed i began to suck.... just like playing basketball or any sport you will lose a certain grip

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I like this game, it is exciting, entertaining and educating. I haven't thought of quiting. Of course it has good moments and unpleasant moments. I am learning from both and keep going!

G

Gusborgs22

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
ofcourse, after a bad week, that you lost every coinflip, lots of bad beats, everyone thinks about quit. But its just the poker variance and its a game that we love :D

niphon56

niphon56

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It always happen to win or lose in poker.

Take it easy & don't disk big games.

77ecos

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Those situations are going to happen over and over again, we must be used to it and above all be focused, never lose focus or change your game for those situations, we play most of them to make money so it is essential not to get carried away by those moments of frustration because that moment can lead you to spoil all the days that you have played very well,,Giving up is good when that happens to you over and over again and you can't control that feeling:jd4::jd4::jd4::jd4:

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I’m sometimes unhappy with my results. Running bad, bad beats can be really annoying and frustrating, that sometimes it leads me to thinking, if I should quit? I often dislike the luck that plays the role in this game and tougher opponents. Have you ever thought of quitting? If yes, what keeps you going? For me, it’s patience and discipline, I remind myself that success doesn’t come immediately.

I never thought about it. For me, poker is a favorite pastime that gives me pleasure, so all I think about is just improving my skills.

KozakAlex

KozakAlex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I often don't play for a long time. But I'm not ready to completely quit this game. Maybe something will work out in the future.

Whaevoz

Whaevoz

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I quit poker once: longest 5 minutes of my life! :D