Have You Ever Considered Quitting Poker?

partz

partz

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I guess that's a thing that happen often, yet many come back to poker in a period of time. I personally take offs from poker. It can be beneficial from time to time.

Sansam

Sansam

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My interest in poker periodically fades away. Then I take a break, big or small, until I feel like I can play poker with passion again.

R

RSNORTHERN

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I did quit at one time. Didn’t play for over 2 years. Got donkey’d so bad. Player chased and got the card on the River. Raged quit!!!

H

Hsac

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I’m sometimes unhappy with my results. Running bad, bad beats can be really annoying and frustrating, that sometimes it leads me to thinking, if I should quit? I often dislike the luck that plays the role in this game and tougher opponents. Have you ever thought of quitting? If yes, what keeps you going? For me, it’s patience and discipline, I remind myself that success doesn’t come i
I've taken breaks from poker, like during Covid I spent much of my time playing Fortnite with my grandkids around the country while they were out of school. But now that they're back in school I'm back to playing poker. We all experience bad beat losing streaks. Because I keep an exceptionally high stake to buy-in ratio I've always overcome them. And I play far fewer hands than most anyone else I know. I like to build a table image of a rock. It helps later in the game when the blinds build up enough to start stealing. This strategy has pulled me out of a lot of pickles and gotten me to the winner's circle more times than I can count. But it often makes the first half to three-quarters of an SNG rather boring. Luckily, I enjoy watching the other players play and try to work out strategies against them. I hope this helped.

spectralwave

spectralwave

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not giving up, but staying a long time without playing, several times, but this is due to improving myself even more in my plays and for poker not to hurt me.

YenRodriguez

YenRodriguez

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
from the moment you accept that poker is a rollercoaster stop wanting to quit when things go wrong, sometimes it will be bad and sometimes good. just accept it and continue

AlphaCentauro

AlphaCentauro

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I’m sometimes unhappy with my results. Running bad, bad beats can be really annoying and frustrating, that sometimes it leads me to thinking, if I should quit? I often dislike the luck that plays the role in this game and tougher opponents. Have you ever thought of quitting? If yes, what keeps you going? For me, it’s patience and discipline, I remind myself that success doesn’t come immediately.
I quit playing in 2012, I’m back at it now after 10 years.

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Distance will bring everything back. When I was a child, my mother told me that there are two types of problems: those that we can influence and fix, and those that we cannot. Sounds very stoic and all, but how do you know which is which? We have to work on those aspects of life and poker that we can influence and ignore everything else that is beyond our control.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
No, I didn't think about quitting poker because this game is killing my time and I have a lot to spend my energy. I'm studying poker and getting better I think it makes me stronger

SL-247

SL-247

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I quit a long time ago, then I started playing again.:)

slevinzed

slevinzed

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
people tend to go to the extremes every single situation , I dont think quitting is the option to anything. sometimes if ur not feeling it just take some time do something else get the good vibes and get again to whatever u were doing ( not necessarily speaking act poker ) (y)

RustyRed83

RustyRed83

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, and have done several times over the years. I probably quit more out of boredom rather than going on a losing streak.

ghitocarcia

ghitocarcia

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
Poker for me is already part of my life. Personally, I am sure that I will never leave it. Now I play it because I think someone could earn a living with poker, but even if I had money, I think I would always play it for fun. It's one of the most mentally exciting games.

888NOX888

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, I've thought about quitting this game many times, mostly during the tilt, but a couple of hours pass and I'm thinking again in which tournament it's better for me to play.

K

KING1805

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
When I'm busy with work I sometimes forget about poker for a while. But when I get free time I always come back to it.

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
no , but I do have big breaks :) , like 2-3 months without poker , so when I come back to the tables I come hungry :)

Skot_Gy

Skot_Gy

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Sometimes bad beats happen, and in those moments you can call the day off.
But it is not a quit for good, just a step back and relax moment.
I like the game and i play it casually whenever i feel like it.

P

pltelles

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I took a 2 month break, but I don't plan on stopping.

juan1579

juan1579

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
hahaha excellent question every time I think about quitting but it's in my blood and I keep playing

cwdignus

cwdignus

Carpe diem
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I'm already totally anti-social, now it's too late......all I have left is poker

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've already stopped to play poker for a couple of years when I was in college, around 3 years without playing. I came back to play after the pandemic started and decided to continue to play.

V

VladB850

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've stopped playing 10 years ago. At the beginning of this year I started to play again, probably I will continue to play for another year with breaks than I'll stop again

Rui Ferreira

Rui Ferreira

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I’m sometimes unhappy with my results. Running bad, bad beats can be really annoying and frustrating, that sometimes it leads me to thinking, if I should quit? I often dislike the luck that plays the role in this game and tougher opponents. Have you ever thought of quitting? If yes, what keeps you going? For me, it’s patience and discipline, I remind myself that success doesn’t come immediately.
I've thought several times about giving up, I've uninstalled the App but always the other day I was playing again

“Success is the ability to go from defeat to defeat without losing your enthusiasm.”

10gerka

10gerka

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like poker very much and I have never thought about quitting poker, every day I like it more and more and of course since I started it has always given me good results, I am not complaining.