Hardest thing for you in poker

P

pokerz1992

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The hardest thing i find in poker...

The most challenging thing I have encountered in the wonderful world of poker is fish that get lucky. That's it. I can be dominating a game and out of nowhere be in a hand with say pocket aces.. then a fish calls with pocket 2s.. a 2 comes on the board i lose. That's really the only thing that ive found a burden.

cardsking

cardsking

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hardest thing for is not getting Pocket Aces haha and still playing there .
And still continue bluffin even when the other player has a full house . I jsut dont stop to wat i commited to . lol

M

matiusaa

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The hardest thing for me is to admit that I am not a really good player. The first step tom become a great player is to admit you are not good. I also find hard running away from tilt, it is really difficult for me, and then bet size, it is very important

spockthe40oz

spockthe40oz

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd have to say handling bad beats. And also folding when I have a hunch that I'm beat. I go into denial. I won't blame this on newbie players sucking out though. I know they can be beat, I just need to learn and adapt to these new-age donk players.

Reptar7

Reptar7

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Handling bad beats. I just berate people now, let the anger out!

Vex444

Vex444

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Watching my 23 year old get upset when he encounters bad beats. He been playing daily now for 6 months and everyday says he going to quit. I tell him Ive been there, evey poker players been there. Not sure when you learn to not let it bother you but for the most part It doesn't faze me anymore. I actually expect it. You need a tough skin to play this game because bad beats are just nature of this game. The RNG's at some these rooms are set for action. It hard for me to laydown a hand when I think my hand is good but there bet is just too much for me to call, when in doubt fold.

Just a thought here but I think males have a harder time letting go of bad beats than females do. What do you all think?

Aces2w1n

Aces2w1n

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Working out the perfect time schedule. Dealing with the wife with poker.

Something I've improved on is decision making while in the hand... And I've also started playing Tournaments on the side. Probably avg around 6 tournaments a week and will cash probably 1/10 sometimes I get in the cash a few in a row... Tryin g to adjust slightly to turn those cash to the final tables.

Plan is to play cash tables until i'm on tilt .... And then to relax and take time off cash... I'll be playing tournaments which are much less stressful for me.

Last edited:
M

manjake

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Admitting that I've made a mistake, it's so easy to blame it on bad luck...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 4

trekmaster

trekmaster

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My problem lie in dealing with the beats and then trying to stay positive.Its so hard on my when I get my chips in good and the some donkey calls with k3 suited or q5 off and beats me.Hard for me to keep a level head after that.

R

ricksterrick

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Dealing with variance and staying motivated are the hardest thing for me.

S

sbobet

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
nothing is hardest in poker in my point of view poker is a decision-making game so learn how to come up with your decisions wisely.

S

sbobet

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
nothing is hardest in poker, poker is a decision-making game so learn how to come up with your decisions wisely.

N

nightmoves44

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't like to see people get mad at each other over a poker game,specially a freeroll.As a christian,there are alot more serious things going on in the world.Is it really worth getting mad at your brother or sister?

X

xdoomx02

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hardest thing for me is to stop playing, when i know that im loosing..

rivernickels

rivernickels

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hardest thing for me is not playing above what my bankroll can handle. And not being able to play on stars.

Skull_Sniper

Skull_Sniper

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that taking to many bad beats is one of the toughest things for me. Yes, they do happen and we have to live with them, but some weeks it gets unreal. Like when I get into an all in position post flop and I lose 80% of the time when I'm way ahead 90%. Like when I'm playing a $30 tourney, blinds at 200/400, I have 30BB and hold KK on a J 9 3 rainbow flop after raising 2 1/2 blinds preflop, bet 1/2 the pot post flop, get reraised, then I move all in to be called by Q 8 off suit.... and lose...
Turn: K
River:10

I know I didn't post that hand in the proper format like I've seen in other posts, but I haven't figured out how to do that yet.... so yeah. It's when hands like that happen to me 8/10 tourneys for my tourney life, and maybe total 50 within a week that it gets frustrating as hell. It doesn't happen all the time, but I'll have at least one week out of the month like that for me.

Thinker_145

Thinker_145

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My biggest weakness is that I am often not able to control myself when I am a really big stack. I play hands I shouldnt be playing, I decide to go into coin flip situations when I really shouldnt. I really believe if I am able to concur this part of my game then I can make good money in tournament poker. But as it stands I have blown away great chances to finish at a high position far too many times and that obviously has meant that I could have made alot more money since the difference between even 1 better position can be big for your overall ROI.

V

vatopkr

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the hardest part. of poker for me is think that my opponent catch his card. in te turn or river. . I need to be more selfconfidence and more aggressive.

BenSprocket

BenSprocket

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hardest thing for me is, and always has been, bankroll management.

S

Stowie101

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I struggle when I start to build a chipstack. I tend to chase more draws and call preflop raises with marginal hands or when I know I need to outflop the opponent. I start thinking that I'm deepstacked and can take more risks, but I get out of control. Need to become more disciplined. Any tips are welcome!

C

Cdub512

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Downswings, staying off tilt/chasing losses, and practicing conservative bankroll management.

E

ezevan1022

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing medium strength hands on draw heavy boards. Also downswings suck and pretty demotivating.

RajDev1979

RajDev1979

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
for me hard to do in poker is to fold, most especially your good cards. i think most poker players find it hard to fold their big hands, even though it is obvious from the community cards and the betting pattern that other players at the poker table have already formed way better hands

J

Jeschant

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The hardest part for me and always has been an issue is emotions. I become very negative during downswings, start changing to much stuff which ultimately makes things worse.

Me too. I'm getting better about it, though. Of course it helps that I'm not going to deposit and I know I'm not and that playing online is something I view as fun and not a potential future job someday. So no pressure. If I win great, if I get better at the game, great, but it's not like I was a few years back when I hoped for more.

jazzaxe

jazzaxe

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have the biggest problem accepting bad beats and losing streaks. If I know I am ahead, I am going to push on big pots despite the bad feeling I might carry from a losing streak. Waiting for things to come back the other way requires discipline which I have trouble maintaining