Hardest thing for you in poker

Loonbat

Loonbat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Two things:

bankroll management - I really wish I was a bankroll nit ... if so, I guarantee I'd be a far wealthier person.

Not thinking through my decisions fully - if I gave myself 30 seconds on every decision which represents a large percentage (or all) of my stack, I'd be a far deadlier player.

P

ph0n3_j4ck

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Two big issues i have is emotion and bankroll management. To be honest if everyone works on these two, they will become 10x the poker players they are.

joelcai

joelcai

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The hardest thing is coming back if u lost with a really good hand, like a full of 888AA and the other had a AAA88. Then of that hand u lost ur optimism

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Understanding that they are not thinking > leak = Thinking that they are thinking (giving them credit for thinking when they clearly aren't).

ElmarLCH

ElmarLCH

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The hardest thing for me is winning tournaments. I play cash games very profitable, but I just can't seem to win tournaments or even cash in them.
Just don't know how to play them and deal with the increasing blinds.

Speedexas

Speedexas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The hardest thing for me is playing with donks. When i lose because of my fault(not giving respect to regs bets or cooler thats whatever) but when idiot calls full pot size bet on the flop with backdoor straight , then CR jams turn with openender and gets there...... while you had top set.) Thats when im starting to instantly spew chips and i cant control myself . TILT is what keeps me being just an average winner at micros.

bullishwwd

bullishwwd

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Understanding that they are not thinking > leak = Thinking that they are thinking (giving them credit for thinking when they clearly aren't).
About the same here PO 'except' sort of reversed ............. I give them too little credit for thinking when, in fact, they are.

Maybe a more precise way of putting it is: "I'm not thinking they have what they are representing when they end up actually having it" ... I tend to think the opponent is 'bluffing' when they often times are not. Still working on that 'leak'.

WEC

WEC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The hardest thing for me is the US Governments stance on online poker, and its continued chase after online processors which makes deposits and withdrawals so hard for players.

It is frustrating they call this the Land of The Free, while so many attempt to take away our Freedoms, including the Freedom to do what you want with your hard-earned money in your own Home.

BigCountryAA

BigCountryAA

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I used to have a really hard time staying composed after a few suckouts. Now I just have a moderately hard time :D.

aCutAbove

aCutAbove

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The hardest thing for me right now is doing all the computations required to prove (is prove the right word??) I'm about to make the right action. Time gets me flustered then I have to shorten and degrade the problem so I can quickly find an almost suitable (good enough) solution.:( :( :(

zEric7x

zEric7x

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I sometimes ignore what my "poker instincts" is telling me about a hand and then I make a mistake and I see my first thoughts were right and I get frustrated.

N

Noamaw

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The hardest part in poker is folding preflop with Some nice cards because someone shoved with dumb cards.. and then seeing that you would've flopped the nuts! I get so angry I can kill my goldfish.

F

fordman427

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Mine is to play with loose, what I consider a "bad player" I always find myself making dumb mistakes against them.:afraid:

F

FLOnaldoRO

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When i go with sentimental and negative energy by bad beats .
That thing kill me and disturb me , make me angry and i play nervously..
Other bad thing .. That killing river , always kill me !

MiguelC18

MiguelC18

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not thinking through my decisions fully - if I gave myself 30 seconds on every decision which represents a large percentage (or all) of my stack, I'd be a far deadlier player.
I agree. Sometimes I get a little adrenaline rush from winning big on the last hand and when I start the next hand with decent cards I become less focused and eager to win again which results in reckless betting and losing the hand.
- sometimes not being able to get past the bubble in an MTT gets annoying but I have my hopes up.

Gorak

Gorak

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
One thing I find hard to accept in poker is the fact that one can play near perfect poker (not me obv) and still get hammered by a long streak of bad variance.

Propane Goat

Propane Goat

Grinder and paint make me the welder I ain't
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
My biggest problem right now is not being able to walk away and quit for the day when I'm on a losing streak and also on tilt. I keep trying to hammer away and get back to where I started so that I don't have to accept a losing day, but all this does is continue to add to the losses and soon my meager bankroll is gutted or gone.

I quit when I'm winning and keep playing when I'm losing, and it should be the other way around.

I used to have problems with folding good hands when it looks like I'm beat but I have this licked for the most part, I still make some bad calls once in a while but I'm not spewing continuously anymore.

N

nmaher18

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My biggest problem is cashing out as I only have an ipad and pokerstars are useless and don't have the option of cashing out on their App! This leads to me having a bigger bankroll than I want and then I stupidly play for higher stakes and watch as my br rapidly depletes! Similar thing happens when tilting much like most people!

WeenieSVK

WeenieSVK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The hardest part for me is in later phase of tournament. Close to bubble. Especially when I have under average stack, I start to play very very tight. And I hate to play hands like AQ, cause when I miss the flop it can piss me off :D I have to break this as soon as possible.

Airburn

Airburn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Harest part for me is reading players online on MTT's

JaxA

JaxA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I tend to assume that my opponent has a better hand than me. That if I flop a pair of Q's and there's a K on board too that they've probably flopped a pair of K's. I probably give up on too many hands too easily. (Try to forget I said that when you next play against me).

The hardest thing in poker for me is being ahead pre flop, flop, and turn. And when the river comes I realize my opponents been chasing flushes or two outers and they get there and I know they just got there. But its just so hard to believe and I pay them off. But I've gotten way better in these situations.:eek:

Unfortunately for me it's greed and knowing when to take what I have and walk (in cash games) , I'll put in a session be up $1,500+ and want more and in most cases end up spewing off most of my profits because I'm barley able to keep my eyes open.

All of these. I've got a lot to work on. Lol

Fuffufnick

Fuffufnick

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The hardest thing for me is the US Governments stance on Online Poker, and its continued chase after online processors which makes deposits and withdrawals so hard for players.

It is frustrating they call this the Land of The Free, while so many attempt to take away our Freedoms, including the Freedom to do what you want with your hard-earned money in your own Home.

Well said!!!

wagon596

wagon596

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Mine are,

1. Chasing straights.
2. With pair on board, not giving credit that someone has a set.
3. Getting married to pair after the flop even tho turn and river bring out higher cards that can beat my pair
And of course dealing with the emotions brought on by being stupid and making the same mistakes over and over.