Hardest thing for you in poker

mamutmamut

mamutmamut

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What is the hardest thing in poker for you? What are you struggling with? I´ll start: For me the hardest thing is to play with begginers. Or at least it was. I read about it in Doyle Brunsons book but it didn´t make much sense to me. But then I went to my friend´s poker party and I found that very difficult. I was suprised that my friends were calling with anything! I couldn´t read them, I couldn´t out played them, none of my fancy poker moves seemed to be working out. But I took lesson from it and now anytime I play I watch everyone really carefully just figuring out what kind of players are they, what are they capable of and how can I beat them. So that was mine leak in my play and now share YOURS! :)

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The hardest part for me and always has been an issue is emotions. I become very negative during downswings, start changing to much stuff which ultimately makes things worse.

H

HomeBrewer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Folding. I am a complete POW (pay off wizard) as the magician says. While I am getting better at this, I still struggle to find folds in very obvious spots. Although I do get emotional at times as well, and this almost always has a negative impact on my game.

Also just having a generally bad outlook on my hands holding up. It is like I always think that the villains 3 outer is about to peel. Now that poker is not an income source for me I have less trouble here. I have gotten better at being happy I made the right decision at the time.

EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
My hardest thing with poker is laying cards down when I know I'm beat. There have been times I laid cards down and people say nice fold but sometimes the devil on my left shoulder shouts louder than the angel on my right, so all I hear is "they are bluffin, your hand is the best" and I don't hear the wise, "do you not see the straight, he is crushing your 2 pair/3 of a kind.

That's what I need to work on.

My other struggle will soon be actually playing poker without internet, if I decide that this computer is pissing me off that much that I cancel my internet and smashing my computer to pieces :D Not sure I am actually joking here

J

jcla6985

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The hardest thing for my atm is either reading when an opp has a pp vs my say 2 pair or top pair with good kicker, OR folding acetrash preflop

BluffMeAllIn

BluffMeAllIn

4evrInmyheart RIP xoxo :(
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hardest part for me was tilt, and loosing more money because of tilt when trying to win back what I was loosing. Also looking at how much I have lost overtime, and not sticking to any BRM because I was always trying to play catchup.

Gladely I have refocused, either this or I was going to give up poker all together (but I love the game and really didn't want to do that), and have been trying to stick with proper BRM, improve my game and start building my br. I have lots of time on my hands these days, so I figure I'll just refocus, play a good game and grind the crap out of er and eventually some day hopefully my BR will be bigger than what I had lost in the past (or at least my withdrawls + BR will be).
I still have times when im losing that try and refocus, or take a break from the game even if just for a couple of hours. So I guess tilt and BRM have always been the hard parts of the game for me as I'm sure it is many.
:D

RichL

RichL

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I tend to assume that my opponent has a better hand than me. That if I flop a pair of Q's and there's a K on board too that they've probably flopped a pair of K's. I probably give up on too many hands too easily. (Try to forget I said that when you next play against me).

MTCashman

MTCashman

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I struggle with handling bad beats, it bothers me when someone makes a terrible play and gets rewarded

Ezekiel162

Ezekiel162

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Originally, reading the hand ranges of opponents and knowing what to play against different types of players from different positions... Been using PokerStove & Equilab more often as well as trying to memorize the cards more than likely being played with particular VP/PFR stats...

N

Nylan

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hhmm, if I play 4 tournaments, and butsted 3 off them whit a bad beat... Then its hard for me too play that last one focused...

odomazetov

odomazetov

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
The hardest part for me and always has been an issue is emotions. I become very negative during downswings, start changing to much stuff which ultimately makes things worse.
After downsings , do you play more agreesive? Like u are pist off?

italiano

italiano

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The hardest thing for me in poker are both! The first is that I enter the tilt very often and although I try and try to overcome this problem I can not!And the second as a result of the first is to manage my bankroll which I find very difficult and therefore ended up losing all that much cost me to get! My great perdition are the Hu-hyper turbo 7 or 15 dollars!

S

Stretch84

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The hardest thing in poker for me is being ahead pre flop, flop, and turn. And when the river comes I realize my opponents been chasing flushes or two outers and they get there and I know they just got there. But its just so hard to believe and I pay them off. But I've gotten way better in these situations.:eek:

mamutmamut

mamutmamut

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for sharing, guys! :) Managing of bankroll was really tough for me too. But since I´ve got into 2% buy-in strategy I play good, I´m not focused on money and I believe that´s when you start making money. :)

ryhailey

ryhailey

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Unfortunately for me it's greed and knowing when to take what I have and walk (in cash games) , I'll put in a session be up $1,500+ and want more and in most cases end up spewing off most of my profits because I'm barley able to keep my eyes open.

soncheebs

soncheebs

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hardest part for me is discipline. I am a solid poker player, but when I drink and play I become reckless, and I love to drink and play...which sucks for my bankroll. So maybe I'm not so solid?

Spiffhalibut

Spiffhalibut

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
patience

for me , it's patience , and all the little things psychologically that make up "patience" . such as discipline and emotional control. much like in golf or billiards(which I play both fairly well) I need to master the frustration. on line, I used to engage the mouthy losers who cant seem to shut up, but I have long since covered that part by simply not engaging them in chat, I keep it friendly if that is the case.
most of my "patience" and "frustration" problems come from my own self ( folding when I shouldn't, call/raise when I shouldn't). I get angry as I watch my chips dwindle as I watch the cards deal out( I seem to fold a lot of would be winners) grrrrr,lol

jhonihgrass

jhonihgrass

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My greatest difficulty is to play with Donkeys, I have no patience with them, they bet every time, it pisses me off, I lack patience!

J

jcdagenius

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hardest think is buiding bankroll and having success with so many things in the way.....have to keep faith I wil make it

INGAJ

INGAJ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The hardest is when i loose some sng with bad beat and starting playing those sng but with bigger buy-ins. I mean i cant stop i want to get back my money and at the end i stay with 0

N

Nylan

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The hardest is when i loose some sng with bad beat and starting playing those sng but with bigger buy-ins. I mean i cant stop i want to get back my money and at the end i stay with 0

haha, I understand it , get the same problem ;):dancing:

DrazaFFT

DrazaFFT

public static void
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hardest thing for me is to stop thinking that everyone is trying to bluff me at cash table so im re-raising with the hands that are not even worth calling

dudemanstan

dudemanstan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hardest part for me is trying to fit all these games into my schedule,and still sleep. So I miss out on some of them :(

EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I struggle with handling bad beats, it bothers me when someone makes a terrible play and gets rewarded

It annoys me too, I was just playing in a freeroll where this guy kept rasing! When I checked his previous hands he had been caught shoving all in with 53o and he was a large stack. When I got A8d I decided I am going to play strongly against him as he will call with air.

When the A landed on the flop, I shoved my remaining 8000+ cos if he called which I knew he would I would nicely doiuble up and laugh my socks off doing it. He did call and had J rag suited, he called cos there was a flush draw on the board and turn gave him his flush and the river game me my set lol, They don't seem to realise that they hit their flush obce every 4 times, or if they are playing me, they hit them every single time :D

P

PlayedYou73

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ditto to the first point. Typically it'll happen when I make trips on the flop to a villian's flopped boat. I'll put them on aces or kings and miss the obvious signs.

My hardest thing with poker is laying cards down when I know I'm beat. There have been times I laid cards down and people say nice fold but sometimes the devil on my left shoulder shouts louder than the angel on my right, so all I hear is "they are bluffin, your hand is the best" and I don't hear the wise, "do you not see the straight, he is crushing your 2 pair/3 of a kind.

That's what I need to work on.

My other struggle will soon be actually playing poker without internet, if I decide that this computer is pissing me off that much that I cancel my internet and smashing my computer to pieces :D Not sure I am actually joking here