The fun is gone

P

pakyut

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is very normal in Poker. Bencb took almost 2 years before he breakeven his downswing, if I am not mistaken

Even if I am a newbie I watch Poker Pros from live to online games.

Plut41

Plut41

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It is very normal in Poker. Bencb took almost 2 years before he breakeven his downswing, if I am not mistaken

Even if I am a newbie I watch Poker Pros from live to online games.
Someone was losing for 2 years? o_O

aissam18

aissam18

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think somedays poker is not fun but it happens to all of us and i think when fun stops you need to stop and have a break for awile

B

bigthereal

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
happenned to me 2 times that I had enough and didnt play for years

Chebchoub

Chebchoub

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
I play a lot of poker every day and with the bad run I been having, playing has become real stressful, and the fun is gone that I once had. Like when I make mistakes or have a real bad beat, I carry all that around with me for days trying to figure out what happened. Could I have played it different and got away from the hand. That I don't like. So for awhile I will be playing for pennies, very low buy in tournys, and of course my forums freerolls, and other freerolls. I just want it to be fun again. Any advice. Should I just stop playing for a time?

Yes, you should stop playing for a while to regain your composure and focus. The more you want to get your money back, the more your losses will be. You're not the only one with this problem, I'm also my friend, and the Badbeat stays with me for days. Yes, some days when I keep playing I get more and more bad losses with the best and strongest hands, especially in online poker.

K

korbal29

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The fun will come back if you hit a major tournament, trust me

P

pasquayak187

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
everyone has their bad streaks...jus gotta keep pushing on i guess

S

slais_pro

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The pleasure comes when you win a tournament.

Xcoder

Xcoder

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I had ran into a similar issue when I played a lot. Now I play once or twice a week after taking a large break. The fun has returned and the stress from bad beats is also gone.

JohnWayne329

JohnWayne329

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
No advice, I can just relate. I've noticed poker has lost a lot of the "fun" for me the last few months. Most of the forum freerolls I use to play are gone, the sites have tightened up on the promos and increased rake. It's so much harder to win the few dollars I was scraping up before. I've also had less time to work on my game. Definitely not "fun" anymore.
Nah, try to play 6+. The funniest poker i've ever played

hubcio96

hubcio96

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yep, lower your volume, like played ONLY on Saturdays, or specific days, or specific tourneys. Grow that "hunger" back up

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I will end up frustrated.

How could you dig this topic out??? The last post from 2014.... and plenty users, even who started it, are already banned.... probably the fun really gone for them.

And the fun probably gone for this guy (Maiuchi) who dug up the post as he has joined the original poster LOL

TulasMoreno

TulasMoreno

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
Stop playing for a while to clear your mind, dont keep bad beats on mind, those are part of poker and you have to live with them, they are part of the game! Move forward!

63burner

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Too much is enough..

Appears you are really into your poker game, which is good. Taking wins and losses to heart is not good, it's a simple fact of poker. You can have the greatest run, hours of win, win win, defying the odds.
suddenly, when it seemed like you could not lose, you get a few bad beats, or where your expectations were very high, it goes against you.
When poker seems hopeless, face reality, it is hopeless. Every hand, it's you against at least one or more opponents. If you take a clean break from poker, you will do better, just laws of probability, you're due, and you will have better analysis, being fresher.
Good luck going forward; I scraped one ITM after months of bad luck. I enjoyed the ITM, knowing how hard it is to defeat so many other players.

YenRodriguez

YenRodriguez

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Greetings, it happened to me like this a short time ago and it worked for me to start accepting that the game is like that.
one day you win and others you lose.
take a while and you will see how you will start to miss the tables and when you come back you will have renewed energy

R

ritz_avalanche

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Don't worry there's always a silver lining

veltins

veltins

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
JP
Chips
It has happened to me before and so much that i tool 5 n half years break from poker . complete break . i recharged me and i came back to have fun at it again

jfofla

jfofla

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it's the same with me, but I can't stop and I don't even intend to take a break from playing, this is part of poker, which is a game of chance and you need to be very lucky.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
it's the same with me, but I can't stop and I don't even intend to take a break from playing, this is part of poker, which is a game of chance and you need to be very lucky.

That's the spirit :cool:
Who'd need break anyway lol ...

P

ParadiseFisher_

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
are you are pro? if not, you should do some check if your are addicted to gambling - good meant advice

Bennoda

Bennoda

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it’s fun to play poker you should always be, otherwise you won’t get any pleasure from the process. Any play is fun.

M

myquickwit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I feel this. Win or lose I use to enjoy poker when I was younger. I could play it 15 hours a day. There was nothing else I wanted to do. Now it's a chore for me to even play 2 hours. And during those 2 hours I'm definitely not having fun. I've lost the love that I use to have for the game.

ammje

ammje

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
We all go through these bad spells, and they can last for weeks or months, and it is very stressful to play poker at that time.
The best thing is to stop playing poker, what I do is play only freerolls.