Famous Bluffing Players, What Are Your Thoughts on Bluffing?

A

AllOut

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well you don't get into pot and say let's bluff this time with absolute nothing. There's strategy behind it as you know so it definitely requires skills. It all depends on the board, your oponnent position, acts on each stages and the ranges. Blockers play big role in worthy bluff. Blind bluffes lot of times don't work against good players.

Vilgeoforc

Vilgeoforc

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
bluffing is a skill, not a cheating, although it annoys me very much if my opponent shows a weak hand by knocking out my strong one. But it's good if he is justified mathematically, and does not turn into an obsession to outplay the opponent at any cost.

perrypip

perrypip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You need to make your bluffing frequency balanced with your bet size to give your opponent calling odds that make him indifferent.

Chebchoub

Chebchoub

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
It's a skill necessary to accumulate chips,,, :cool: and it's fun.

Truth be told, when we bluff a player, we feel a lot of fun taking their chips. Exactly as I said bluff skills, not a single easy skill

S

steve01991

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bluffing is part of the game, or we would be playing open handed! You have to bluff sometimes because you dont always get the cards but you must make your opponents feel you are strong.

Chebchoub

Chebchoub

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
It's important to remember that we have to bluff at least for the reason that we need to win hands, and if we only do this on the card, sooner or later we will lose. even pocket aces are the strongest starting hand, and they may not always win when dealt. With a chance of winning about 80%.

Yes, this is an important thing as you mentioned. I also preferred not to take risks when I am bluffing, or to put it more precisely, I do not bet more than thirty percent of my chips until I see the opponent's reaction

Chebchoub

Chebchoub

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
I think it's hard if someone knows how to bluff well then he is 100% lucky! Not everyone is given this)

We know bluff is a skill. And when a player takes our chips, we feel very angry, but we have to learn this skill because sometimes we do not get a winning or strong hand, then we resort to deception and lying with the bluff.

Chebchoub

Chebchoub

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Bluffing is part of the game, or we would be playing open handed! You have to bluff sometimes because you dont always get the cards but you must make your opponents feel you are strong.

I completely agree with you in what you said, because if the opponents know your fear at the table, they will exploit your fear as they should.

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bluffing is a skill that is derived from ones ability to read the other players. Something I have not been able to do, hence my bluffs very seldom work.

Chebchoub

Chebchoub

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Bluffing is a skill that is derived from ones ability to read the other players. Something I have not been able to do, hence my bluffs very seldom work.

Bluffing is one of the most important skills, as I said. I also do not succeed in bluffing a player, so the opponent often finds me cheated :) so this skill is also one of the most difficult poker skills and needs in-depth study

filippfilm

filippfilm

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Who are the best professional poker players who excel at bluffing?.
so is bluffing a skill or do you see it as deception and fraud?

Bluff is an important part of poker, but as for me, it can not be exaggerated . It is necessary to bluff pointwise and under the apponent who can fold the cards:jd4::jd4:

shim36

shim36

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bluffing is definitely a necessary skill in order to win.
But, bluffing is very difficult and I haven't mastered it yet.

Kinganders

Kinganders

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Its a fun part of the game, it would be so boring and uninteresting otherwise

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
All good players bluff, it is all part of the game, and the skill in playing, is to read the other player, and spot his bluffs. I have on many occasions, spotted bluffs by other players in live games, as there are somethings that you can spot, that cannot be mimicked.

A nervous twitch, a racing pulse, even which way he looks when he is about to bet, or after he makes his bet, all tell a story. Your job is to spot them and make the right decision. One player I played against on a regular basis, always looked at his chip stack, when he had hit the flop in a big way even before it was his turn to act, because he was trying to think how much he could make and how much he should bet, but if he had missed the flop he would stare down at the table as if he wanted the cards to magically change in his favor.

Sometimes I get it wrong, but that is why I keep practicing, but in some circumstances I make a calculated guess and take them out of the game.
Poker would not be fun if people didn't bluff, a favorite phrase you must have heard of is"getting caught with your hands in the cookie jar" (when a player is trying to steal a pot by bluffing). The hard part is not getting caught.

On-line it is so much harder to spot bluffs, as the physical tells are not available to you, and you have to depend more on your gut feelings, recently when the flop dropped two Spades and a Heart in a game I was involved in, my opponent raised pre-flop, bet the flop, checked the turn and went all-in on the River, my first reaction was to fold my top pair with a good kicker (A/K suited) when he pushed all-in, but when I thought about it, I decided that if I had the nuts, would I push all-in? and the simple answer was NO! I would be betting maybe half the pot to get a few more chips out of him, I called and he had exactly the same hand. (split pot).

When the fun Stops, STOP!

P

pokerdebit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is generally a deception
Someone will call your bluff eventually
And it will be bye bye

Chebchoub

Chebchoub

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
It is generally a deception
Someone will call your bluff eventually
And it will be bye bye

Yes that's right. Sometimes we fall into the trap of a hunter player, or, in the right words, "Submarine Skills";). I think we must use the skill of Submarine and Bluff at the same time to make the opponent fear and think we have a strong hand or Max.
But despite this I do not want and do not like to bet on a losing hand:)

D

daurensdo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Vanessa Selbst is very fond of bluffing)) when I bluff I often get cut open

el_soma77

el_soma77

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the most famous is this character, phil hellmuth

8306fb89a1.jpg

Chebchoub

Chebchoub

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
All good players bluff, it is all part of the game, and the skill in playing, is to read the other player, and spot his bluffs. I have on many occasions, spotted bluffs by other players in live games, as there are somethings that you can spot, that cannot be mimicked.

A nervous twitch, a racing pulse, even which way he looks when he is about to bet, or after he makes his bet, all tell a story. Your job is to spot them and make the right decision. One player I played against on a regular basis, always looked at his chip stack, when he had hit the flop in a big way even before it was his turn to act, because he was trying to think how much he could make and how much he should bet, but if he had missed the flop he would stare down at the table as if he wanted the cards to magically change in his favor.

Sometimes I get it wrong, but that is why I keep practicing, but in some circumstances I make a calculated guess and take them out of the game.
Poker would not be fun if people didn't bluff, a favorite phrase you must have heard of is"getting caught with your hands in the cookie jar" (when a player is trying to steal a pot by bluffing). The hard part is not getting caught.

On-line it is so much harder to spot bluffs, as the physical tells are not available to you, and you have to depend more on your gut feelings, recently when the flop dropped two Spades and a Heart in a game I was involved in, my opponent raised pre-flop, bet the flop, checked the turn and went all-in on the River, my first reaction was to fold my top pair with a good kicker (A/K suited) when he pushed all-in, but when I thought about it, I decided that if I had the nuts, would I push all-in? and the simple answer was NO! I would be betting maybe half the pot to get a few more chips out of him, I called and he had exactly the same hand. (split pot).

When the fun Stops, STOP!

It is true, as you said. The bluff skills differ from one person to another according to the personality of the player, especially in direct poker. From the players are those who smile throughout the tournament, those who laugh, those who speak a lot, those who are angry and aggressive, those who hide their eyes with glasses, etc.
Like an actor, he can show the character and message he wants, but can he read the body language of a professional poker player?
Hiding, showing, or faking body language is a bluff skill and not an easy skill, especially in live poker.
Think that poker includes all movement and body language, general and specific, in any situation of the human being. Whoever has this skill has made an effort to learn it and he is also distinguished and professional

Chebchoub

Chebchoub

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Bluffing is a skill, not a cheating, although it annoys me very much if my opponent shows a weak hand by knocking out my strong one. But it's good if he is justified mathematically, and does not turn into an obsession to outplay the opponent at any cost.

True, obsession and revenge are the result of the bluff. Retaliation against an opponent may lead to badbeat, exclusion from the tournament or the loss of a lot of money

T

TriszPoker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bluffing is essential, but you have to find the correct ratios of bluff to value, and of course try not to bluff calling stations in low-stakes.

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's like I don't have the best bluffer, because if this news is about him, he can't bluff big ones.
On the other hand, it happens that a professional poker player makes an excellent bluff, but he prepares it for a long time and applies it at the right moment, against the right player.

Geksan_87

Geksan_87

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
it all depends on the opponents you play with, in this case, the bluff is relevant only occasionally.