efranto2286

efranto2286

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
No never, but a few years ago in a game of friends, you bet a watch on me and if I beat him I stopped talking for a while... but then it happened heheheheh

andron205

andron205

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
when you knock him out of the tournament

Spannerdeth

Spannerdeth

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Some home cash games with friends went on credit, but forgot to pay up. It's not high stakes or anything and took on the risk - It's not enough to chase up, but it taught me that I can't trust this person financially in future. It's made the game clearer now that it's cash upfront only to stop these kinds of things from happening.

hennessy5

hennessy5

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
Nope. We all love a friendly competition

surfer696

surfer696

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
EC
Chips
well, mine is different, I played poker games at home every day, it became my business and way of living, the business came to an end, also money receivable and friends

Spannerdeth

Spannerdeth

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Actually, I do remember a time when my friends girlfriend who was quite new to the game was facing a board with 4 hearts and my raise. She shows him her hand and he says "You don't have the HEART", and after she folded, I reveal my flush and state in my rules lawyer kind of way that it's 2 players to a hand only and that he shouldn't be giving clues to my holding. Things got a little heated as he didn't appreciate the implication he was cheating or angleshooting. He really might not have tried to help her and tbf, she did need the help at the time as she was a new player, but I felt the integrity of the game needed to be reminded in that instance, it's not just the rules you need to learn but the ettiquette.

We cooled off. I learned for low stakes games these things aren't worth being fussy over, especially when someones new and is acting in good faith. He learned that I wasn't accusing him but why the etiquette is there to stop these mishaps from happening.

surfer696

surfer696

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
EC
Chips
Well mine is different, I played poker games at home every day, it became my business and way of life, the business ended, also money to be collected and friends

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
It is better not to gamble with friends and you will swear with loved ones and it will annoy you Better refrain from doing so

surfer696

surfer696

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
EC
Chips
Here. Pics he

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-02-08-11-20-59-533_com.miui.gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-02-08-11-20-59-533_com.miui.gallery.jpg
    339 KB · Views: 3
Baldy86

Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
no . but my best friend is annoying me with his ignorance about poker . i explained him several times how poker is about bankroll management and a lot of skill and many variables like which cards you play or fold preflop , how much you bet or raise or reraise , having a good feeling for odds , having good reading ability , having good tilt management etc .

that it is not gambling . his sport bets (soccer) are way more gambling .

he says he understands and then next day he repeats the same thing . it annoys me . i wont explain it to him anymore lol

poxerator78

poxerator78

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I only play poker on the computer and have never played this game live, but with friends we play other card games

F

Fushicho

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No, I've never lost a friend because of Poker. But I've made plenty.

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
On 2 or 3 occasions I have set down with a friend & their behavior was so out of character that I made a decision to never play poker with them again. Didn't play with them again, didn't mention why, but it certainly was a reason that I let the friendships lapse over time.

yuriko oyama

yuriko oyama

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
when money is involved in friendships, be it gambling, loans, help, it is something very complex and dangerous in several senses.
in my country it is said that when we lend money to a friend, we either lose the money or lose the friend.
better to avoid.
It's just my opinion.

dallam

dallam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The true friends can overcome their agony and support you, being happy for your successes. This is not a real friend, and you should close the doors immediately, before this person stab you in the back! But as this person is your best friend, try to talk with him/her first, however it's a very big problem.

888NOX888

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's good that my family and friends are not particularly keen on poker and we play together very rarely, so we have no disagreements over poker.

T

To6Po6

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
On the tables you don`t have friends!Every one is playing with money and for winning!There is an old proverb in my country that says "No business with family and friends"

S

Snake2007

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I haven't lost anyone because I play poker.

A

Avangart1

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
poker can't get in the way of friendship

ObbleeXY

ObbleeXY

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I don't think so...Most of my friends are poker players. We've mostly all added Golf to our shared pastimes. 1-2 days per week, 4-8 pf our poker group play golf together. Gotta say, I'd rather be a pro golfer than a pro poker player. (Fortunately, neither are a risk for me!)

Artemloshara

Artemloshara

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
At the moment, I have not encountered such a case and I hope that I did not have such a situation, and I sympathize with those who lost friends in this way

K

KALUGAJ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
SK
Chips
He doesn't gamble with his family and true friends.

mushthebush

mushthebush

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Lost all my friends because of poker. But poker brings me more joy and is definitely more profitable than my friends used to be. However, I'm still friends with people who deserve my time once in a while. Besides, with every day that passes, I seem to have less and less time for friends. Last time I spoke to a friend of mine was in 2020. Jokes aside, I "lost" (not entirely) friends to life, work, family, more than poker, but poker included, but instead I gained a pretty independent life and one amazing person who deserves most of my time and gives back twice as much. So I think it was a good investment. But that's life, you win and you lose, can't have it all at the same time and as long as the wins are greater than the losses then that's a selfish win that I enjoy and ultimately makes me happier than I was before. To make a parallel with a touch of arrogance, it's just like your money when I win at the tables. It gives me that oomph.

What about the friends I gained?

PupsikCat

PupsikCat

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MD
Chips
If you play with friends, then play at small limits, so if someone loses the whole evening it would not be significant))