Ever lost a friend because of poker ?

M

Michael Sayah

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
LB
Chips
I know its a bad idea to play with close friends and family ! but sometimes we play cash games between us friends ! and my 5+ years friend is tilted because i always beat him at poker ! he has a very high ego .. and always wants to be the best and to gloat but im just better at poker and i always beat him ! so now i think he is mad with me .
Honestly i dont care ! but it is what it is .

B

BrunoFabri01

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I didn't lose, but I didn't talk to a friend for a few days, because he got mad because I knocked him out of an online tournament..

G0930

G0930

Captain Fathermucker, Satty Aficionado
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
I did..He blamed me for losing his monthly salary in one night , cause without me he wouldn't have gone to the cardroom lol.
I actually adviced him to stop when I saw him going to the cashier for the 3rd time..

sincos

sincos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Fortunately, this did not happen. But I spend less time with friends - it is.

N

Niykk

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I make friends easily. So yes, my 1-session-live-poker friends with whom we had so much fun for a few hours playing.

passat1600

passat1600

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I did not lose friends because of the game poker, but I think there are such gambling people who have lost their own money and the money from friends after which friendship end :)

kitchy65

kitchy65

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Played many card nights with same group of friends...not once did we fall out.

Poker wasn't our main game, and that when we did play it it was £5 a game for X amount of chips.

Card night was always about the drinking and the friendships. I'm trying to recall if there was ever an occasion of fall out's...and can only think of one event.

One friend was sick on the carpet, for some unknown reason he refused to clean it up, and chose instead to offer my brother outside.
Who then promptly knocked the lad out, we all came back in and he cleaned his own sick up after all that...ended up a fun night.

lauestla

lauestla

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I sometimes play with friends. It can be difficult to control your emotions when playing with friends. Especially if one of them is a calling station and beats your AA with 97 os. But we stay friends after that :)

spunka

spunka

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yep, he did wager with me on poker rules, he lost, and did not pay, 3 weeks later he started to argue about the rules again and wanted to wager, I told him that he forgot to pay last time, and that if I had lost I was sure he would have demanded the money straight away, the other players agreed with me, so they told told him not to come to our poker games in the future.

Acechador

Acechador

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
EC
Chips
The problem is not yours, it is your friend's, if he wants to win you he must invest time and study, this is not just a matter of luck.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Poker? Probaly not although i have "lost" friends to other things :unsure:

hamon08

hamon08

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
When we play poker with our friends, we only invest some tiny amounts, for example, $10. We play to just have a good time, talk about life and just laugh. I don't have this idea that I have to win all their money, and I'm sure my friends don't have this idea either. We just get together a few times a year to relax, maybe have a drink, and poker and making money with poker takes a back seat.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This never happened with me. I occasionally play poker with my friends, but it's just a fun time, no one take too seriously. We never bet high amounts of money, only a few cents/dollars.

Captainine9

Captainine9

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Me and my friends actually played poker just as a sport since we were kids
Today, we still love each other and, of course, we all love the game

Emily Trott

Emily Trott

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I had a brother in law who always cheated at the family games we'd have after dinner on Thanksgiving. I was about to call it quits with him, but when I began placing my sixgun in front of me on the table before each game the cheating miraculously stopped.

juan1579

juan1579

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
So far I have not lost a friend to poker, but if I lend money to play poker

EnzoRS94

EnzoRS94

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
Happens, hellmuth type of thing.

C

Chabita03

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never since the amount we play for is no that big

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No, I'm not so obsessed with poker that I lose friends.)))

staytrue001

staytrue001

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Through poker, I started to communicate more with two of my friends

fullclock

fullclock

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This has never happened to me before, since poker should have nothing to do with your friends. Because they are different things. Besides, if it's a true friendship, nothing can break it.

szabbancsbet

szabbancsbet

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
I know its a bad idea to play with close friends and family ! but sometimes we play cash games between us friends ! and my 5+ years friend is tilted because i always beat him at poker ! he has a very high ego .. and always wants to be the best and to gloat but im just better at poker and i always beat him ! so now i think he is mad with me .
Honestly i dont care ! but it is what it is .
I think he is not a real friend who is angry with you because of this