Ever Considered Quitting Poker?

uruguayanna

uruguayanna

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
AR
Chips
I stopped playing poker for a few years, just for a matter of life, partner, work. I've never experienced any situation that makes me think about leaving poker, I'm talking about game situations.

markdias

markdias

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I spent more than a year away from poker, but I ended up coming back and now I play more than ever!

fullclock

fullclock

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I will never stop playing poker, it's something I love to do and I would do it every day of my life. I'd rather stop doing anything else than quit poker. Enjoy this beautiful sport.

H

hcuervo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I always consider quitting poker, especially when I lose but the next day I'm playing again

vladsink

vladsink

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
BY
Chips
never, i like poker and i like to play it

Skot_Gy

Skot_Gy

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I dont play so much so i can get stuffed of it or of losings.
I play only when i am in the mood and dont have something important to do, so quitting isn't really a problem for me.
However, after some bad beat due to variance, i get upset... but i can manage it for now :)

Academico

Academico

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Yes, several times because I don't need the time that I think it is necessary to dedicate to it, when I don't have time I play badly, rushed and unfocused, on the other hand, if I am aware that I can play that day without limit, I do it well focused trying to get as far as possible in the tournament and even improve my results a lot, that's why. that many times I think about abandoning it until the day I can prepare everything for poker.

ShaDoWGuarD

ShaDoWGuarD

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think about this every time I start a long losing streak in poker that can last for weeks. But still, when you make a serious skid and look at the statistics for the month, you get some inspiration and desire to continue playing and developing in poker. Especially when you're statistically a big plus.

N

Niykk

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Never crossed my mind. I really enjoy playing poker, NLHE specifically.

ElScorcho008

ElScorcho008

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Why would you ever quit?! Just make sure to moderate

ghitocarcia

ghitocarcia

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
I would never stop playing poker, I like this game so much that I never considered quitting, it is one of the healthiest pastimes that exists, of course as long as we don't turn it into an addiction

M

mssmotilda

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like poker and I play when I want, so I never had such questions.

veltins

veltins

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
JP
Chips
I have quit poker for 5 plus years and many times has done few months without poker. You can do it if you dont feel like grinding it anymore.

Gh0stL

Gh0stL

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
Yes I think a lot quit when the bad beats are so frequent. Or I take a long break and I come back.

Toruk Makto

Toruk Makto

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I've especially thought about quitting several times, but as I've learned to love poker, it's hard to go through a day without playing. What you have to do is have patience and emotional control to move forward because fun is guaranteed! 😜

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Have you ever thought about not getting banned? :rolleyes:

In the interest of discussion rather than topic starter...

Around the lower reaches of the dark depths of a serious downswing, there is an area one humorously refers to as the ‘whatever they need’ zone. I’ve heard others call this place ‘deathswitched’. Variance pockets that extreme lead to many ‘wtf, it’s rigged’ type posts & threads.

Spending enough time there is enough to make anyone quit! :laugh:

Almost... 😉
I believe you're talking about 'doomswitch'

I think it goes something like this...

ScreenHunter 11188

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I thought about quitting once so I did. I quit for 19years. And I started to play again in 2007.

I'll never quit.

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I believe you're talking about 'doomswitch'

I think it goes something like this...

View attachment 342625
Hahaha, that's a near-perfect depiction P.O... :giggle:

Where did you manage to source this picture of the Top Secret entity pokerstars has in charge of clicking the buttons to decide how each of my hands runs out on their platform..?! :p

They're usually highly protective of that information and try to keep it under wraps... :LOL: ;)

Vrotebal

Vrotebal

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Every time the cash register is empty, the thought comes that poker is not my thing.

Mag_P1e

Mag_P1e

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Every time after a bad day. But as soon as the sun rises again, everything passes:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: