Drugs and poker

Szyilard

Szyilard

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi!

I personally never use any drugs. You may make better decisions if you use some kind of drug, but I feel that the result is no longer due to me but to the drug. And that is not a success for me as if I were winning with a clear head. Maybe at a friendly poker game I will try it once just so I don’t get addicted. :) :)

christmasscorpion

christmasscorpion

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
for me a drug is my music, namely rock my favorite canadian musical instrumental group The Birthday Massacre when I listen to it I want to win

horscht22

horscht22

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Sometimes drimkimg a beer , or a cup of coffee while playing poker, but no other drugs...disturb the mindset...

Djon25

Djon25

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
So neighing with friends and no more.

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I try not to take medication for any reason and I am not going to tell anyone they should or should not, that is there decision. Might be interesting to play someone that is on heavy medication or other stuff.

Max Diver

Max Diver

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don´t recommed any kind of Drug. On the long term is very bad for mental and physical health.

We need to play on a "normal" situation. No drugs, beer, or even those softwares that some people use.
I´m playing now on party poker because they don´t allow any software to help players. Everyone playing on the same way.

B

bigthereal

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't see the connecting point between these two

DougPkrMonsta

DougPkrMonsta

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
While I've long suspected many of my opponents are on something, I haven't felt the need to attempt this in order to match them. :D

Anything that clouds your judgment and impairs your reasoning is not going to be helpful, even if it feels like it is at the time.

Good luck!

CptRunBad

CptRunBad

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Anything to help you stay focused and alert while grinding for hours is a plus. Coffee for example could also be used as a stimulant.

R

Ricardo_lhp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my view, the use of drugs or anything else that changes your system is a very silly thing, because in addition to being dependent it can bring you some health complications, better to look for natural things like exercises to improve your focus, to improve your performance, a healthy meal, physical exercises, than those things that are not good ;);)

edenman1

edenman1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Green is great when I play, very relaxing lol

S

slais_pro

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that drugs are bad in everything, including in pokir.

Wrathchild

Wrathchild

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I suffer from ADHD so I HAVE to take Adderall anyway. I will confirm the last time I "abused" it I ended up losing $900 in a long 100NL session. But it affects me different than others. I wont say that was the cause, but I was up all night playing and not "with it" the whole time. I definitely wouldn't recommend it if you aren't prescribed it.

Whaevoz

Whaevoz

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Salvador Dali was once asked if he took drugs.

His response?

I AM A DRUG! :D

BlackJesus

BlackJesus

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer much lighter remedies for staying focused. Honey is good - it contains a lot of natural sugar. Strong tea might help, things like that.
I would like to see a player who could maintain profit long term with drugs you mentioned :D

TommyT

TommyT

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I once sat on a cash game buzzing of cocaine... not my proudest moment I no. Safe to say I lost ever penny I had plus borrowed. No concentration, kept ordering beers and spirits, no judgement, no consistency nothing. Stay away from drugs kids.