Drugs and poker

riverlizard3

riverlizard3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
drugs

I am a big advocate of aspirin when i get in a game and nothing is going right ,but i dont need any other boosts and i would encourage to just do it with your own strength,ok maybe coffee.

David macdonald

David macdonald

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I feel sorry for anyone caught up in the trap of substance use, I myself took drugs over the years and thankfully I'm now sober . I don't even drink alcohol anymore and I feel so much better now I realize you don't need drugs to enjoy life. I see friends and family get into a very bad way with drugs, I see people losing jobs and families too. You do not see or think clearly about life when on drugs, so how can you when playing poker !

PaxMundi

PaxMundi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Drugs are a bad life choice let alone poker choice.

rj_montana

rj_montana

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think that any substance which impairs your judgment can be seriously recommended as beneficial for making better decisions at the table. You wouldn't show up to your day job drunk or on drugs.

By the same token, if you are only playing poker as a hobby, there's nothing wrong with having a few drinks or a smoke at the table. In a home game among friends, I'd think something was wrong if everyone was sober.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I find it unacceptable to use medicines to improve the game. You, like any other person, have unlimited potential, and therefore, it is just better for you to be patient and improve your skills.

guwanch7777777

guwanch7777777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my main problem is sleeping during the tournament
I need something to keep me from getting tired
we don't have these drugs that you write
even cigarettes are forbidden here where I live
you don't even need to think about drugs
in order to play major tournaments you need strong healthy players
I don't have it I'm weak

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have never used drugs. Sometimes I drink alcohol, but then I usually do not play poker because I can't stay patient enough.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Has anyone tried adderall for poker for concentration and long grinds?

How was your experience etc?

I myself have tried MPA (methiopropamine) absolutely amazing for all poker needs but not recommended long term

I found my focus,decisions and concentration much improved.

Hello.
In the long run, taking these drugs will have bad consequences for you. It is obvious. Try meditation. Meditation is a great way to promote concentration and endurance.

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am against any drugs. Even the lungs.

M

marcelo benavidez

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Favorite Scotch? Lagavulin for me please.. :)

JW Red, i dont know why the others seems like a mix i dont like, taste the black, green, gold, even blue. the other is the swing, thats a good scotch, from jw.

V

Vlad Nesterenko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I haven’t tried, how can such nonsense come to someone’s head at all, it’s better to play sports and your health and concentration with discipline will come.

B

brazilpescador

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
honestly i would not do this in any of the obvious factors but to consider that when you use this "help" you can consider that it can always be a valid help and in the long run have losses not only in the game but in life in health ... so for those reasons I would never use this "help"

nurjemal

nurjemal

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
maybe in place of the drug drink coffee
drugs in the beginning will be good then you get used to it
then not only poker can't do anything without drugs

leogetz79

leogetz79

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
LMAO.... the south park character is the best LOL

smoke weed

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Besides some of the energy drinks and ginkgo biloba, never tried anything else. Have been more selective on when I play as far as being well rested and in a positive mind set. Also playing less allows me to play with more motivation to finish strong.

D

Darth_Moola

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
#1 only drugs that are good for focusing would help you. The rest will either make you slow thinking or impulsive, which is bad for poker.
#2 the long term side effects are typically very bad for drug usage in general. These really only certain cases where it would be advisable. Just being honest, you are not likely to be one of those cases.

A

Axel_W

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
JW Red, i dont know why the others seems like a mix i dont like, taste the black, green, gold, even blue. the other is the swing, thats a good scotch, from jw.

Personally i'm more a single malt kinda guy.. but a nice JW Blue is always welcome.. :):five:

R

Richard Grant

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never tried anything like this myself but I can see in things which require high performance the attraction. When your dealing with small margins if something can improve performance by a samml amount say 5% then it could be the difference.

Is it worth it though? I find alcohol a relaxer in pub sports, otherwise my nerves get the better of me, same principle applies.

T

TDTODDY

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I tried playing high once, it was the most horrible feeling. Paranoid and scatter brained is no way to go through life.

E

encdz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't think drugs would be a good idea.
I hear even drinking coffee isn't a good idea because you'll be caffeinated. And that would make you less patient.
Depends on the person ultimately.
Personally, a good night's sleep and clear mind is the perfect remedy to a good poker sesh

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I do not think it is a good idea to drug yourself to be more focused or to have a clear mind ... maybe you get the impression after you drug yourself! Bad choice!

Caiuabegins

Caiuabegins

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
to me, drugs and poker are a great combination. hahaha

Weed, Whisky, Cigarrets, etc.

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I believe that drugs is a temporary solution to the problem, you need to learn to concentrate yourself or use some physical exercise:)