Do you think poker will one day be an Olympic sport?

Ruslan L

Ruslan L

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think it will never be, but inside me I do want it to be a recognized and Olympic sport. But I also understand that there are even more premier sports than poker that are waiting to be played at the Olympics. eg like paddle tennis, chess, etc.
In my opinion, poker is a sport, but it is an intellectual sport, like chess. I live in Ukraine, and poker is considered a sport in my country. It is difficult to say whether poker will ever be recognized as an Olympic sport, it is difficult to predict.

P

pokerD

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
Hello. I don't think there's ever gonna be an Olympic game of poker

Gritz18

Gritz18

To Cesar, what belongs to Cesar.
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think it will never be, but inside me I do want it to be a recognized and Olympic sport. But I also understand that there are even more premier sports than poker that are waiting to be played at the Olympics. eg like paddle tennis, chess, etc.
I don't think so, but if it were, I would definitely be called to be part of the Brazilian team, this guy plays a lot.🤭🤪🤣

Ps: If brazil depended on me for a medal, poor thing.:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Argonaut

Argonaut

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How about black jack? After all, there's no luck involved for those that have the ability to count cards; whereas in poker you can still lose when making the best play possible.

Mihail Grinvich

Mihail Grinvich

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I don't think poker will ever become an Olympic sport. These are completely different things. If there is ever a gambling Olympics, then it is possible.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is a skilled based game, not a sport.

coldwest

coldwest

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
PL
Chips
I would love it to happen one day, but I don’t think it will actually 🥶

Berandir

Berandir

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I hadn't thought of this possibility!? In fact it would be an unprecedented sport and much appreciated by the fans of this sport!

FIERROS

FIERROS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my opinion poker will not be recognized as an Olympic sport. But we will see.

lyki67

lyki67

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BA
Chips
No I don't! Poker is for me not kind of sport. Players sit all the time. It's okay...chess players sit all the time too...But in poker there's always a bit of LUCK in it, sometimes more luck, sometimes less luck.

gravii2011

gravii2011

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
sooner or later poker will become an Olympic sport. Why not. After all, every country has its own champions.

Gotmog1

Gotmog1

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I would like this, then it will be more interesting to watch the Olympic Games))

yuriko oyama

yuriko oyama

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think the time limit issue makes it unfeasible, only if when x time is over, whoever has more chips, would be champion.
I don't see a place for poker in an Olympics.

RoviP

RoviP

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Intellectual Olympic categories such as chess, backgammon and even poker could be included. In physical activities he would not be included, but in the intellectual categories he should be one more attraction for the sport show.

Who knows, maybe one day the Olympics will add these categories and many others.

W

WellAA

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Intellectual Olympic categories such as chess, backgammon and even poker could be included. In physical activities he would not be included, but in the intellectual categories he should be one more attraction for the sport show.

Who knows, maybe one day the Olympics will add these categories and many others.
certainly it's difficult, not impossible though.
there's a gamble stain associated to poker, and how it's going to work diassociating the stack to $$$money? That's the power of the bet isn't it?

juan1579

juan1579

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I don't think that will happen since poker is a game of chance, even if we don't like to admit it

romerim

romerim

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The type of game in question is a little different, being known as Match Poker; the modality seeks to be tested in Paris 2024, to reach the 2028 Olympics.
Every poker player imagines what it would be like if this mind sport were worth a medal, during an official Olympic competition. But few people know that there are already many people doing this through the IFMP (International Match Poker Federation).
At the moment, the IFMP is making an effort to include the card game in the test event in Paris in 2024 and, of course, they are looking to definitely reach the Olympic Games in Los Angeles in 2028.
For a sport to be accepted into the Olympics, some minimum requirements must be respected; such as the existence of a joint organization and the participation of a large number of people, such as Match Poker.

R

Recreationalplayer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Doesnt seemly in near future :(

E

Erickaie

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I hopes so but the odds of it happening doesn't seem realistic however it would be an awesome title to have :)

vapandrei

vapandrei

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I hope not. The Olympics are for physical sports. That's the tradition.

kitchy65

kitchy65

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
If it is then they may as well include drinking coffee.

.."and here is Kimi from finland, Oh, it's down, what a beauty...16 cups in 5 mins takes the gold away from the Lithuanian, now being consoled by a whole team of paramedics attempting to control the tremors "

badbanking79

badbanking79

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DK
Chips
If curling and dart is a sport.. then poker must have a chance:eek:
:eek::eek:

V

valanddon

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
NO poker should not be an olympic sport, cause it is not a physical game.