Do you think poker will one day be an Olympic sport?

dzsire

dzsire

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
I don’t think that’s the kind of game that’s for the Olympics.
I can't imagine it ever would be that way and I don't even want it to be there...

Alex70793

Alex70793

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, why not, chess has been made an Olympic sport, why not make poker, in this case I mean tournament poker for chips, this is not a freeroll for everyone.
Imagine each country will have its own Olympic team of the best poker players, I think it will be interesting to see.

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
My opinion is that this will never happen, because for playing cards to enter the Olympics is from the world of fantasy

ramdon p358

ramdon p358

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Poker meets all the requirements to be an Olympic sport, the problem would be that sport can be removed from the Olympics to make room for poker. I hope to see you one day at the olympic games

H

Hsac

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it will never be, but inside me I do want it to be a recognized and Olympic sport. But I also understand that there are even more premier sports than poker that are waiting to be played at the Olympics. eg like paddle tennis, chess, etc.
Doubt it, unless they make you play poker while pumping 500 pounds. :LOL:

Leandro6803

Leandro6803

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yes, i believe it will be an olympic sport, great stars of other sports seek poker in retirement or even as a leisure with friends.
in the past, only the great professional players were sponsored, today we see that this range of sponsored players has expanded.

V

viacheslavtezikov

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker has been around for a long time and no previous attempts have been made to make poker an Olympic sport. Moreover, poker cannot be attributed to a full-fledged sport.

ikescherer

ikescherer

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
How would you define the representants of your country?? We can see Poker is not a sport since there is no professional dominanting any tournament.

Poker is democratic, any chris moneymaker can make it to the final.

P

pltelles

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I don't see poker as an Olympic sport.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I dont belive poker is a sport in the normal sence of sports. If you said it was a mind sport I can see the logic of that but as a Olympic sport. Never.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't believe that poker would be an Olympic sport, but I also never imagined that break dance would be an Olympic sport, so, everything is possible.

K

KING1805

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
No, I do not think it will ever become an Olympic sport.

Academico

Academico

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
In my humble opinion, I don't think it should be an Olympic sport. Excuse me, but I don't agree with your vision.

M

mssmotilda

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello!Yes, poker is definitely a sport, if to based on the definition of the word sport. But let's not forget that this is also a card game, which is equivalent to gambling. And not just to gambling, but to gambling, the purpose of which is to win money. It is this moment that prevents poker from ever becoming a part of the Olympic Games.
Of course, the Olympic Games are also a very commercial event, but the goals of the sports that are part of the Olympic Games are still a little different.
Hello!Well, you can play anything for money, but this is just a stereotype about cards. We live in an age of erasing stereotypes, so maybe someday poker will become an Olympic sport.:) By the way, in some countries it is already recognized as a sport, and even world championships were held among national teams.

Chica_bonita

Chica_bonita

Sad Funny Lady🌬
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
Hello!Well, you can play anything for money, but this is just a stereotype about cards. We live in an age of erasing stereotypes, so maybe someday poker will become an Olympic sport.:) By the way, in some countries it is already recognized as a sport, and even world championships were held among national teams.
I agree with you, but as I have already said, in my opinion, poker cannot become an Olympic sport.🤷‍♀️

pasha poltava

pasha poltava

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think not, because in poker it's all about luck, so everyone can win!

T

Tato Ivan

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think it will never be, but inside me I do want it to be a recognized and Olympic sport. But I also understand that there are even more premier sports than poker that are waiting to be played at the Olympics. eg like paddle tennis, chess, etc.
I would like to know what kind of sports he will be registered for: winter or summer.

D

dompoker

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think that's possible, because poker is a game of chance, it's not about skill, it's about luck.

demibar

demibar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I don’t think that’s the kind of game that’s for the Olympics.
I can't imagine it ever would be that way and I don't even want it to be there...
You know Olympics had some meanings,ideas .In poker we use money to win . That's a problem it's like promoting gamble

davidjavi31

davidjavi31

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
everything is possible I think that at some point we will see it and we will be proud of it.

Duxflux

Duxflux

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am sure that it will not happen. It's just as unlikely as Counterstrike being recognized as an Olympic game at some point.
It will probably only happen if powerful people, who are poker fanatics, enforce it.
But of course you can't know that. It's all just a guess.

Whaevoz

Whaevoz

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is not a sport; it is a game of skill, much like chess or backgammon.