Do you think poker will one day be an Olympic sport?

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I think it will never be, but inside me I do want it to be a recognized and Olympic sport. But I also understand that there are even more premier sports than poker that are waiting to be played at the Olympics. eg like paddle tennis, chess, etc.
I think it will soon just wait and the time will come poker will achieve great results

N

n0n4m3

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is not recognized as an Olympic sport, because card games and other gambling games do not qualify for participation in the Olympiad)

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nothing going on for poker in that realm. If looking for best country for poker, might look for a tournament structured like that.

IRINA70

IRINA70

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
There are too many bluffs in poker.. This is unlikely to allow him to stand on the same level with the chess, for example, in which everything is transparent, in order to claim the title of an Olympic sport.

Chebchoub

Chebchoub

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Hello everyone:)
I see poker as a game like other games. I think it is stupid and hypocritical to officially and legally classify poker as a gambling game, because whoever wants to gamble will gamble with any game of any kind or any other sports game.
Poker will one day become a sports game, it does not need time and more fans who love this game, and some magazines have previously classified it as a sports game

mina271

mina271

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Whether poker is a game of chance or a sport can be argued about, but even if we say that poker is a sport, how is it supposed to work that you then participate in the Olympics? In poker, the lucky focktor also plays a major role and I don't think it says much about a player if he has won the Olympics with luck. And what should it look like when you do a tournament something like that can take a few days until you have the final winner. There are already many people who like to watch poker, but whether there are enough who are ready to watch a 2 or 3 day tournament? Poker is something very special in itself, but I very much doubt whether it belongs to the Olympics

ztibor72

ztibor72

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
Never. It does not match the motto of the Olympics: Citius - Altius - Fortius; the meaning of the Latin words: Faster - Higher - Braver That is why none of the sports that are based on thinking will be part of the Olympics, such as most card games such as bridge, different types of poker, or even chess.

G

GoodMoon90

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think not, although the game is much more popular than some of the Olympic sports

ChubbySin

ChubbySin

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it will never be, but inside me I do want it to be a recognized and Olympic sport. But I also understand that there are even more premier sports than poker that are waiting to be played at the Olympics. eg like paddle tennis, chess, etc.
I don't see it happening, once Poker is Money based, however anything is possible.

C

caracaski220

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
No, nor should it be. It is a game of chance. Should blackjack be an Olympic sport?

edenman1

edenman1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That would be something!! What about horse races too :)

lyki67

lyki67

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BA
Chips
No. I don't think so. Poker is not sport for me. It is mix of think game, patient, luck. But it's gambling too.

S

successlaw

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think they recognize it as a sport, because there is luck involved in a short term and a deck of cards which leads to a gamble idea

millya5

millya5

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Of course not! as well as chess...

A

arshuns

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I don't think poker can't become an Olympic sport because luck plays a significant role in poker. Take a closer look at game sports or technical sports. There, very often, it is luck that determines the winner. It's just that sports are currently understood as muscle competition. But when people decide that sport is a brain competition, that's when poker and chess will be Olympic sports.

aissam18

aissam18

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think so cuz it's still gambling

N

Nusya

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker will not be part of the Olympic species, and if this happens then and the roulette should become an Olympic look.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think that poker is not a sport. Poker is primarily a game of chance, and we should all consider ourselves not athletes, but simply players. Although poker, like sports, requires patience, discipline, skill and experience, nevertheless, for me, poker is a game of chance.

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
It is a beautiful game that has its place in our hearts and I do not need it to be Olympic, they are very big and strong tournaments in the world and that's enough

Sschafell

Sschafell

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
To be honest, I don't think so.

gallora

gallora

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Now one cannot be sure that the Olympic Games will be preserved in their original form.
Well, anything can happen in the new Olympic Games.
Poker, fighting in the mud, or spitting on range or accuracy.:)

oleg8519

oleg8519

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
poker does not need to be an Olympic sport, firstly, it is already popular, and secondly, there is more money here than in any sport

P

plusia

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I don't think so because poker doesn't involve any physical activity but
never say never ;)

Mati532

Mati532

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
no, I'm too old for that haha, I think that to be one you have to be very young, dreams start from a very young age!