Do you take days off from poker every week or do you play everyday?

M

moularaki

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
since i've been sick i play every day
otherwise i take WE off

henriquemaduro

henriquemaduro

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I try to take at least one day off from playing every week. I find that if I play everyday then I lose focus sometimes. Do any of you have a fixed schedule of days that you play?

Since poker isn't a priority in my life, most days they won't let me play. I usually play 2-3 days a week only.

G

gonzalo1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lately I take 1 day in between poker so as not to saturate myself, to come back fresh and motivated

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello. I like playing as often as possible. Usually that means from 1 second to 3 hours a night.

S

sibird

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I try to take at least one day off from playing every week. I find that if I play everyday then I lose focus sometimes. Do any of you have a fixed schedule of days that you play?
I play everyday. I think poker is a game of long run. And if you don't play everyday then how you are going to achieve what you want to achieve?

pokerdutchie

pokerdutchie

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If I play a whole week i'd play morning schedules most of the time and only on sunday i'd play in the morning and then again during the night

passat1600

passat1600

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I play poker for entertainment and do not put the goal to earn a game for life. I play minus but only the one I can afford without prejudice to seven. I play when there is a desire and the possibility :) sometimes there is a desire to play and there is no money :( There is a certain rule to make money to the account. Therefore, I am financially not fulfilled to play every day ...

fernandofcp

fernandofcp

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play on average four times on different days of the week. But if I had free time I would play every day for sure.

Juan Oro

Juan Oro

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The most advisable thing would be to take 2 days off a week, since playing every day can stress a lot and your mind and brain need to rest, you also have to share with your family and enjoy the days off

vadimcs1495

vadimcs1495

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
About rest in poker :
I know a lot of professional players at my $ 2.5 / 5 limit. They have their own schedule, that is, 3-6 hours of play, then rest and after 5 hours again the same way. For some, it helps them fight tilt while playing.
For most people, poker is a job! And as in a regular job, you have time to rest.
In the modern world there are many examples when people work a lot and do not pay enough attention to rest - such people often suffer from various diseases. heart and not only. So take care of yourself:)

A

adjacentcape1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If your sessions are particularly short, then playing a short time everyday is ok, but repetitive long sessions are usually detrimental to your health, unless you're Phil Ivey.

Xcoder

Xcoder

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I normally take days off at a time to refresh and deal with other things. I used to play everyday but it was mentally draining.

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Thanks to cc I play almost every day. It's become part of my daily schedule in place of TV.

NightStalker

NightStalker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Nowadays, I only play on weekends

srurrr

srurrr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I often play on weekends. I feel that there are many mistakes on weekdays.

S

Shooter74

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i play every day...3-4 per day....

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play 2 or 3 times a week. I feel if I play everyday I am not absorbing the mistakes I have made and learning from those mistakes.

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play almost every day. But I noticed that on weekends I was catastrophically unlucky, I was constantly being won by cards lower than mine. If I only rest on weekends, I still can't win anything these days.

R

Recreationalplayer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do take days off from poker at regular intervals. Too much poker can be exhausting.

mateuszjason

mateuszjason

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
If i get some final table's and end playing to late morning i need to take a one day break. After that im exsusted, i cant concetyrate properly and makinbg mistakes like a rookie.

GRIN281289

GRIN281289

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I take a break a day or two a week, you all rightly said that you need to rest so that the game will bring much more pleasure and not tilt.

J

joci53

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I play poker every day I don't have a rest time but I don't play more than 2-3 tournaments a day

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
I was one of the people who played poker practically every day ... and now due to my work it is difficult for me to play so often ... in such a way ... that now I'm only playing the weekdays .... but I think for mental health .... it is good to take at least a day off without playing poker ...!

igroksash

igroksash

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play poker almost every day 1-2 tournaments, sometimes I play cash.