Do you take days off from poker every week or do you play everyday?

ChubbySin

ChubbySin

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I try to take at least one day off from playing every week. I find that if I play everyday then I lose focus sometimes. Do any of you have a fixed schedule of days that you play?

Currently it being a long since the last time I played.
But I play for fun, so I´m ok with it.

Claudiunm

Claudiunm

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I play whenever I get the chance. And I take time off when I don't have it. lololol
But seriously, I'm trying to avoid playing when I don't have quality time. It's exhausting. My biggest problem is that my quality time is at the end of the night. And when it's the end of the night here in brazil, the tournaments I like to play are no longer available. I enjoyed playing ACR's CardsChat. It was a good time for me here. But now it doesn't even have that anymore and the tournaments paid when I can are already at the end of the late registration and I don't think it's a good pay to get into this situation.

gallora

gallora

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Now I don't have the question of when to take a day off from playing poker.
Many poker rooms made this choice for me and gave me an extended vacation, and I also had to pay for this vacation with a frozen bankroll.
But now I understand that, unlike what happened with Full Tilt, this is a normal practice not only for private sites, but also for some countries.
1646152458_48-krot-info-p-ya-v-otpuske-prikolnie-smeshnie-foto-67.jpg

A

ACE448

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I haven't been playing long but I find it's good to have the odd day off here and there. I do this with all my hobbies. Due to my character I tend to go 'all-in' so to speak with my hobbies/interests, so it can get quite intense. I understand there are people who play 7-8 hours a day, every day, but for me this game is a hobby first and foremost. I would say moderation is key. If you are used to playing for an hour or 2 each day and then go on a streak of playing 6 hour days it will be quite usual to feel like you've lost interest and want nothing to do with it for a short while. I've taken up hobbies in the past where I felt like I had to force myself to do them and realised this, and consequently dropped them. Not with poker. :jd4:

Funnily enough all I had to do was copy and paste my response here from my first forum post!

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
I do not have a fixed schedule. In general, I play as soon as I have the opportunity, as soon as I have free time. On average, I play 3-4 days a week, 3-6 hours a day.

Mauricio Perrotta

Mauricio Perrotta

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
No, I don't play every day, I can barely play a couple of hours each time, I have responsibilities, and poker is not my number 1 concern.

gallora

gallora

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Haven't played in a couple of weeks.
Nothing has changed in my life except that I didn't play poker.:)

RENEY444

RENEY444

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i play online everyday

but the way things are going lately i should take a break !

P

Putohaze

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
poker breaks

I'm taking it once a day, but I think the healthy is more than one day a week.

yango

yango

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is better to take a few days off, it is not always good to concentrate on poker because you end up on tilt for this reason you always end up losing more than you win