Do you take days off from poker every week or do you play everyday?

R

RDHartsoe

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I try to take at least one day off from playing every week. I find that if I play everyday then I lose focus sometimes. Do any of you have a fixed schedule of days that you play?

N

Nano5722

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For sure you need to have a rest sometimes. At least if you want to play it everyday, maybe sometimes just to relax and take a pause in your cash games or tournaments and play some freerolls for fun.

M

myquickwit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually play every day because I find it to be very addictive. Days off are good if you can manage to take them. Balance is everything.

frnandoh

frnandoh

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I play 3 or 4 weeks and I keep myself off about 1 week... more or less when my mind begins to work bad.

A

alabos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Yes everyday is different.......sometime i play coupke tournament and sometime i take day off.....i have a life before poker.....my children my girlfriend.......poker is hobby if i dont play a day or couple day its normal too

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I can only play 3-4 times a week and this only in the evening because the service allows me, those games are enough for me.

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
hello

at the moment I play every day ... greetings

Raccoony

Raccoony

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When there were many online poker rooms I used to play online poker every day, but now I really don't play as much because many of them closed or got banned in my country.

BenImortal

BenImortal

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have a live before poker. Therefore at the moment I'm playing a couple of SnG everyday!
I keep the long MTTs on sundays only. But yes, I take one/two day offs every in a while.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't have a fixed schedule, I play when I'm feeling good to play. I usually play 5-6 days per week.

P

plusssev

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I guess noone plays everyday. it is to hard. there are moments in series when many people plays few days in a row.

D

Daen27

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I can play for a month without stopping every day for several hours in the evening and when I win something I immediately take a break for a couple of weeks or a month

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Unless i am travelling somewhere then i usually dont have any "days off" ...

So guess later this week i can remind myself what it is actually to be 2-3 days without poker lol ...

_xrolex_90

_xrolex_90

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yesterday I had just such a day. I met with friends. We talked, drank beer and, in general, had a great time.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I play poker 4-5 days a week and then take a break for 1-2 days, rest. I usually rest on Mondays and Tuesdays.

A

alabos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
sometime i take day off depend of the tournament on each day.......i prefer tournament to cash game so if he had non interesting tournament i take day off but rarely its happen

K

Kraanjhb7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Probably twice a week. Takes too much time to play everyday, If things go wrong for that day I feel it will stay that way.

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I prefer to play everyday if feasible. The only time I do not is if I occasionally fall ill.

It does not mean every day consists of hours of play. Somedays are short and sweet other days longer depending on time and inclination.

However, to a degree I wanted to build poker into the fabric of my life to make poker as natural as exercising or eating where you do not question doing something everyday..

Yes, different activities and different demands. However, I have never heard a successful pro player who did not make note of the fact they were engaged with poker in an intense daily manner for an extended period. I think it comes with the territory is anyone strives for success and would apply to athletes or business people or any fields where demands are high- such people are in a specific mode 7 days a week. Yes sometimes more mental than physical, but I do not find firing up a poker site an overwhelming task - it is invariably exciting.

M

maroca06

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm learning to take vacations, I was very addicted.

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
Need a break days at least 2 days every week either I go crazy

S

SvetRusLove

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually play every day. But when I feel I need a break then I take it not for only one day, I usually need several days.

C

capo1014

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Time off

I have no time to take off playing something that I adore. I will rest or sleep in my next life time. Capo1014

veloprofz

veloprofz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I personally play every day and can compare these games with each other. There are days when there are good cards and combinations and days when you don't go at all.
If I see that there are good cards and combinations, then on this day I play several tournaments.

NightStalker

NightStalker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Nowadays, I only play on weekends.

1nsomn1a

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
poker very much depends on your inner state, mood and well-being. I do not advise turning poker into a standard multi-hour work, this greatly affects the game. You should always play your best poker, which means that you need rest and ways to distract yourself from the continuous tension during the game.:)