Do you play poker when you have serious problems?

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
What problems? Any kind of problems which distract You. I ask, because few day ago my wife was informed that she got cancer. Very bad and dangerous condition. I am playing of course, because we don't want to change anything in our life.
I hope your wife get better soon, and I’d say, spend more time with her.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
What problems? Any kind of problems which distract You. I ask, because few day ago my wife was informed that she got cancer. Very bad and dangerous condition. I am playing of course, because we don't want to change anything in our life.

I'm so sorry to hear about your wife I can't imagine what you're going through but I wish you both nothing but the best and hope somehow she beats this.

While my problems are nowhere near yours I turned the play poker to get away from it all and relax so if I did have a major issue I may not play right there and then but long term and overall it allows me to forget my issues and believe me I've gone through my fair share of bad times and poker has actually helped me.

Emily Trott

Emily Trott

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Only when it is the annual Festivus tournament. And even then only for the airing of grievences. ;)

Falai_san

Falai_san

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
No, poker is a game that depends on concentration and intelligence. If you are not ready to play, it is better to take a break

Skot_Gy

Skot_Gy

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I'm sorry to hear about your situation, best of luck.
I think i couldn't play in a comparable situation. I look at poker (and games in general) as a pleasant way to passing time when i am relaxed or in the mood. I could not play in such a stressful situation