Do you play poker when you have serious problems?

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Some would say that playing poker IS the serious problem (of all) ... :unsure:

laihuynh

laihuynh

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VN
Chips
Difficult times and distractions should not be played in poker, I trust God to be with your companions and your husband and wife.

Grzegorz00pl

Grzegorz00pl

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
I am so sorry to hear about your wife, Wish her all the best and i hope she will be better soon with treatment.
Yes you can play, poker helps you to clear your mind . GOD be with you.
Hi Yogo9
Thank You all of course. Thank You for good words. I think I AM playing better today than month ago. I try to Play some tournaments. The best supricse I get from pokerstars slot week ago. By mistake i bet 4 USD and get little Jack Pot near 1500 USD. I give all that money to her - she need IT for good food, juice and pills, drugs-medics. Also today I win one freerol xd
Kindle Regards to Irina xd

Grzegorz00pl

Grzegorz00pl

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
Some would say that playing poker IS the serious problem (of all) ... :unsure:
Poker can be problem when we don't Play responsible. If we got just additional money we can Play. And what about Daniel N. , Ivy... and other famous poker players... I think a lot of people want to have such problems like them with poker. We must Play Smart. I AM gambler but I try hard to stop it. Stop loosing money and start earning

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
What problems? Any kind of problems which distract You. I ask, because few day ago my wife was informed that she got cancer. Very bad and dangerous condition. I am playing of course, because we don't want to change anything in our life.
I'm sorry to hear and I hope you can recover from this difficult time.

Regarding the game, I don't know how to play, what limits or just free... In any case, you need to see how your mental state is, as Poker is a mental game, that is, you need to have a healthy mind, and Only you can analyze yourself and see how you are reacting to it.
It's a very delicate situation, if I were you I would try some freerolls to check your reasoning, sometimes we can only know the results by putting it into practice.

Despite everything, stay strong brother.

Grzegorz00pl

Grzegorz00pl

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
I wanted to thank everyone for your warm words, comfort and support and good wishes. I took much of your advice to heart. I would like to treat poker like a job. At work there is a vacation, a sick leave. But you have to work every day no matter how you feel. It will be a month and I want to say that today I am a better player than before. It seems to me that I have become more resistant to Tilt. I also notice that other players after losing a hand with a good hand start to get upset and drop out of the tournament in the next few hands. I've made this mistake a lot, and I've only realized it now. My wife and I believe in 🍍 pineapple and vitamin B17 from apricot kernels. Radiation therapy will be after Christmas. And now I wish you a happy Christmas, lots of good hands and exciting tournaments. To win you have to play!
Thank you for being a member of this forum... Platinum xd and unfortunately I didn't have time to play with you. I think I've only been able to register twice. Today I will try to fight for a few cents.
P.S. Even though you are all over the world, I have great affection for you all. I'm glad I'm losing to you. When I win, you'll probably hate me.
Greetings to all of you dear ones!!!

Grzegorz00pl

Grzegorz00pl

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
I'm sorry to hear and I hope you can recover from this difficult time.

Regarding the game, I don't know how to play, what limits or just free... In any case, you need to see how your mental state is, as Poker is a mental game, that is, you need to have a healthy mind, and Only you can analyze yourself and see how you are reacting to it.
It's a very delicate situation, if I were you I would try some freerolls to check your reasoning, sometimes we can only know the results by putting it into practice.

Despite everything, stay strong brother.
Thank You Mr Ramos 😘. (I like Sergio Ramos hihi) so I also will like Diego hihi
I Play freerolls on PokerStars. Also try to Play 1,1 USD buy-in Bounty builders. Also spin and go 0,25usd, 1 USD, 2 USD, sometimes 5 USD and 10 USD. But 10 USD i Play only few times. I play better when buy-in is more expensive. So when I lost 3-4 times spin and go I just Play one 10 USD and win it. I like that feeling when I can win 30usd in few minutes xd and then I Play very well.

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Thank You Mr Ramos 😘. (I like Sergio Ramos hihi) so I also will like Diego hihi
I Play freerolls on PokerStars. Also try to Play 1,1 USD buy-in Bounty builders. Also Spin and go 0,25usd, 1 USD, 2 USD, sometimes 5 USD and 10 USD. But 10 USD i Play only few times. I play better when buy-in is more expensive. So when I lost 3-4 times spin and go I just Play one 10 USD and win it. I like that feeling when I can win 30usd in few minutes xd and then I Play very well.
Sergio Ramos is my distant cousin lol (just kidding).

Just be careful with this feeling that plays better in more expensive buy-ins, sometimes it's just a variation and can destroy your BR.

But as I said before, if it's not affecting your game and it's distracting you, move on my brother, and have the strength to be by your wife's side, she will need you.

Hug!

L

larabe1997

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
TN
Chips
you shouldn't cause you will for sure tilt

RhinoRyan89

RhinoRyan89

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I wish you and your wife all the best @Grzegorz00pl

Also i wish your wife a speedy recovery

Stay strong both of you

ToNy70929

ToNy70929

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UZ
Chips
I’m sorry that you are having family difficulties, good luck to your wife, may she get better. Family is the main thing, so when there are family problems, poker fades into the background

Grzegorz00pl

Grzegorz00pl

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
Last days I am so tired. I would like to play but I got close head and eyes. very angry. tilt is nothing.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
there's no reason to play poker when you're in a muddle just get busy and all that's playing poker in that mood people don't play poker when you're not in the mood or don't want to play you always lose you need to play poker when you're in the mood and you're ready to play poker games for a long time

Grzegorz00pl

Grzegorz00pl

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
there's no reason to play poker when you're in a muddle just get busy and all that's playing poker in that mood people don't play poker when you're not in the mood or don't want to play you always lose you need to play poker when you're in the mood and you're ready to play poker games for a long time
You are my Legend Bro. I love this game but last days was terrible. I back to work and all additional things like shopping, cooking, cleaning, beeing nurse... Its take a lot of time.
Day have only 24h 🥺
I was 105 kg, now I AM 78kg... You are fit my friend, so You know, how IT works. I got no time to eat since Monday to Friday heh But today I AM going to be active more I Hope.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Just don't kick yourself for any bad mistakes you make while playing Poker, It is always hard to concentrate when other things are on your mind, and the Big "C" is something that cannot be fobbed off, My Grandson was diagnosed with Cancer just before his 2nd Birthday and I couldn't think straight about anything else for at least 6 months, Which was how long he was in Hospital for, going through an operation to remove one of his Kidneys and part of his Lung, then Chemo Therapy on top of it all.
The brave little Soldier battled through it all and came out clear at the end of it all, he is now a big strapping lad coming up for his 24th Birthday.
God Bless you and your Wife, You will be in my Prayers.

NootNoot

NootNoot

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
I'm sorry to hear about your wife, wishing her and you the best.

I don't like to play with things on my mind. I fear I would play badly because I was distracted and then I wouldn't enjoy the game.

It is different for everyone. Poker is relaxing for some people, for those people it can help them take their thoughts away from their problems for a short period. If somebody plays purely for fun then it can be good for them too.

Maybe I could play in freerolls only if I had things that were worrying me. That way it doesn't matter if I play well or not.

R

rufininha14

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
I don't play poker when I'm in trouble, because poker demands a lot of attention, I don't like being stressed when playing, I think it greatly influences the dynamics of the game

L

LukeSilver

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Like many things I think this depend greatly on your situation in many regards.
Does your stress anxiety or other negative emotions appear when you are playing and affect your play?
is it the case that your attention will be needed for other things?
are you in some form of financial distress or need money which you are risking?

obviously I can come up with circumstances where you can say to one of those three or potentially all three but still justify playing but that gets to weird scenarios and specifics,

if you can say no to those three questions then I see no reason to not play.

vnnby

vnnby

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I hope your wife can overcome the disease. Life is a process of choice, so we must choose what is most important at the moment.

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
It's a difficult moment for both of you, you have to be strong for her and support her as much as you can for a long time, if you consider that the game makes you get over these upsets, play! ...but in moderation!

kogam20590

kogam20590

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
KZ
Chips
I've been having a lot of bad luck in the game lately. There are a lot of bad bits in the game and I probably need to take a break.

Grzegorz00pl

Grzegorz00pl

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
you shouldn't cause you will for sure tilt
No I am not tilt because of problems - I am tilt all last 10 years hehe - I got huge private ptoblems starting 10 years ago - something happen in my life that date of 11.09 2014 was a day when all bad things in my live started. And contiunue till today. My girl died few days ago - my hear broke ;(

userX

userX

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
What problems? Any kind of problems which distract You. I ask, because few day ago my wife was informed that she got cancer. Very bad and dangerous condition. I am playing of course, because we don't want to change anything in our life.
If I have problems, family, personal or with my health, I just don't enjoy playing poker. I only like to play poker when I'm in a good mood, and it's quite difficult to stay in a good mood when you're in trouble, so when times are tough I just don't play, I take a break.

Grzegorz00pl

Grzegorz00pl

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
Just don't kick yourself for any bad mistakes you make while playing Poker, It is always hard to concentrate when other things are on your mind, and the Big "C" is something that cannot be fobbed off, My Grandson was diagnosed with Cancer just before his 2nd Birthday and I couldn't think straight about anything else for at least 6 months, Which was how long he was in Hospital for, going through an operation to remove one of his Kidneys and part of his Lung, then Chemo Therapy on top of it all.
The brave little Soldier battled through it all and came out clear at the end of it all, he is now a big strapping lad coming up for his 24th Birthday.
God Bless you and your Wife, You will be in my Prayers.
It's terrible what you wrote about your grandson and his illness at such a young age. Fortunately, today he is strong and healthy - I was very happy when I read this.
Unfortunately, the health service in Poland is terrible. My girlfriend died after 4 months only because of doctors' negligence and mistakes. She could have lived at least 5 years or more. I enclose her foto to show You, what a new kind of Angel go to heaven - now God will delight his eyes with her beauty. I love look into her eyes, I want to look at her and speak to her non stop.
1713789554409I love You Kate till the end of my live and even longer!!!

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
By playing on emotions rather than reasoning, you will not be able to show what you are capable of. Likewise, if you lose a lot of money or feel irritated by the game, get up and rest until you feel confident again. Otherwise, your opponents may recognize that you are out of shape today and take advantage of it.