Do you play poker when you have serious problems?

Grzegorz00pl

Grzegorz00pl

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
What problems? Any kind of problems which distract You. I ask, because few day ago my wife was informed that she got cancer. Very bad and dangerous condition. I am playing of course, because we don't want to change anything in our life.

Bricxjo

Bricxjo

Just some happy guy
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
So sorry to hear about your wife, I hope treatment goes well and is successful.

Perhaps poker is the good distraction to get your mind off the real world for a short while.

Now none of my small problems seem to be that serious. Sometimes I am so tired I will just sit out and go sleep.

A kiravio

A kiravio

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Hello. It is very difficult to answer in the given situation, forgive me if I am wrong. I wish you only good things to come your way!

Grzegorz00pl

Grzegorz00pl

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
So sorry to hear about your wife, I hope treatment goes well and is successful.

Perhaps poker is the good distraction to get your mind off the real world for a short while.

Now none of my small problems seem to be that serious. Sometimes I am so tired I will just sit out and go sleep.
Thank You - You are real friend. Now I am playing our forum freeroll. Also poker stars give me chest with 5 usd cash for free. So my bankroll increase from zero to 5$ :)

Claudiunm

Claudiunm

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
My friend, may God sustain you at this time and may your wife's treatment and recovery be complete.
I have no problem with you continuing to play, but it's a good idea to have a conversation with her to find out what she thinks about it. Poker can take up a lot of our time and she will need you to get through it all. And in order not to disturb you, he may end up not saying anything to you. So take the initiative and talk frankly to her about what she thinks about you continuing to play and how often you will play.
Poker is a delight, but it cannot interfere with our family relationships.
I will be rooting for you in her fight against cancer and in her poker games.
Success!

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
let you overcome and everything will be fine for you, there is a war in my country and I don’t want to share problems, but poker helps to take your mind off it, it’s better than alcohol or anything else

M

Magallaneroy

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
VE
Chips
No !!! I play it for fun and do I win money? Perfect night ❤️💯👍

hardongear

hardongear

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
Very sorry to hear about your wife. Wishing her all best in her fight.

Personally I do as guy who plays mostly as a rec, hobby player it's like any other hobby. In the end helps take my mind off the personal problem because I focus more on poker and playing. I mean if I played say hockey weekly with the boys in a gents league I may take a week off or something...but I'm not gonna stop playing weekly or whatever.

My went thru a cancer scare a number of years back. She and we didn't want our lives to change much. So went about our daily lives normal as we could. I think it helped in the end.

EDIT: Another big thing in fighting cancer is always keeping things positive and having a positive attitude. That goes a very long way.

Cheers!!!

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
If I was in your situation, I don't know if I would have a head to play, my wife had a drop in blood pressure and I already had no motivation to play, my wish that your wife can receive all the heavenly blessings and that soon she will be fully healed

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
What problems? Any kind of problems which distract You. I ask, because few day ago my wife was informed that she got cancer. Very bad and dangerous condition. I am playing of course, because we don't want to change anything in our life.
No, I don't play poker when there are some problems or difficulties in my life. I just won't be able to play well enough, focused enough, because the problem will just distract me. Instead of playing poker, I completely focus on solving the problem and won't play until it is solved. These are probably features of my character. But my problems are just trifles compared to what happened with your wife. I hope you will find the strength and your wife will be able to overcome the disease.

W

Wega85

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
hope she fights through. if poker is the avenue to get your mind off RL then by all means. Its even better if you are just playing freerolls. All the best!!

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
If I was in your situation, I don't know if I would have a head to play, my wife had a drop in blood pressure and I already had no motivation to play, my wish that your wife can receive all the heavenly blessings and that soon she will be fully healed
I am similar to you.

sabir

sabir

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi,
I'm sorry to hear about your wife. I wish him all the best and I believe GOD will heal again

Keep playing poker and try to involve your wife in your poker nights, it's a kind of distraction and you will spend more time together.
This way, you may be able to resolve and forget about these problems for a while.

km1n

km1n

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It depends if u are having issues and only play for distracting a bit of ur troubles and playing tournaments u can afford i dont see why not but play with cautious.

T

To6Po6

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
I`m so sorry for your wife i wish her a all the best in that fight!May god be with you and your wife my friend!If you think that is the way to be destracted from that news wish you good luck on the tables!

yogo9

yogo9

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
I am so sorry to hear about your wife, Wish her all the best and i hope she will be better soon with treatment.
Yes you can play, poker helps you to clear your mind . GOD be with you.

Gh0stL

Gh0stL

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
Hi never because I play in wrong way, because the problem doesn’t allow me play well.

louuu19

louuu19

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I ma so sorry for your wife, stay strong she will hopefully recover from it, otherwise poker is a great distraction i intend to play poker to distract me from my problems too

Arthurinacio17a

Arthurinacio17a

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
yes, but it's always bad, it's best to avoid it in these cases

P

Peteski84

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Depends what problems.
Physical, yeah defo.
Psychological, dependent up mentality. online yeah, live no. Mental state on show for all to see.
Financial, no. It will not help matters.
I fall into 2nd bracket

Baoka

Baoka

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VN
Chips
In times of difficulty, you should not play poker because it is not conscious to share photos of the results.

Grzegorz00pl

Grzegorz00pl

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
My friend, may God sustain you at this time and may your wife's treatment and recovery be complete.
I have no problem with you continuing to play, but it's a good idea to have a conversation with her to find out what she thinks about it. Poker can take up a lot of our time and she will need you to get through it all. And in order not to disturb you, he may end up not saying anything to you. So take the initiative and talk frankly to her about what she thinks about you continuing to play and how often you will play.
Poker is a delight, but it cannot interfere with our family relationships.
I will be rooting for you in her fight against cancer and in her poker games.
Success!
Thank You for Your smart advise. She need me and my time. Poker also. But my game level is very low. I think I play for fun not for money. Of course I am trying to win some good turnament, but it is very hard to achieve.

pansipos

pansipos

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
I`m so sorry for your wife i wish her a all the best in that fight!God be with You!