Do you play poker when you have serious problems?

Grzegorz00pl

Grzegorz00pl

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
I've been having a lot of bad luck in the game lately. There are a lot of bad bits in the game and I probably need to take a break.
don't worry - sometimes that bad beat gone after few nimutes sometimes hours. I got bad beats 2 day in a row - and because of that i was close to close my poker room account.

Grzegorz00pl

Grzegorz00pl

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
If I have problems, family, personal or with my health, I just don't enjoy playing poker. I only like to play poker when I'm in a good mood, and it's quite difficult to stay in a good mood when you're in trouble, so when times are tough I just don't play, I take a break.
Everybody wants to play when the have good mood.
But when You are register to the real live turnament - for example- in a two weeks - You never know, what mood You wil have that day - I think that this is good traning to play also with some kind of troubles or tilt (of course not alwayse), but just do some kind of trening to play with tilt or bad mood.

Grzegorz00pl

Grzegorz00pl

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
It's a difficult moment for both of you, you have to be strong for her and support her as much as you can for a long time, if you consider that the game makes you get over these upsets, play! ...but in moderation!
I am sorry for late reply all of You... but last days was very hard and difficult to overcome. She just needed more and more of my care and support.
Playing poker is like rest for me, and it also gives us hope of winning money that we really needed. She supported me a lot in my game - although she always said, that I was just having fun, and that's why I didn't make any money from it :):)

Grzegorz00pl

Grzegorz00pl

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
Like many things I think this depend greatly on your situation in many regards.
Does your stress anxiety or other negative emotions appear when you are playing and affect your play?
is it the case that your attention will be needed for other things?
are you in some form of financial distress or need money which you are risking?

obviously I can come up with circumstances where you can say to one of those three or potentially all three but still justify playing but that gets to weird scenarios and specifics,

if you can say no to those three questions then I see no reason to not play.
Thank You for You wise words. We all have to know, that there are always many factors, which should be analyzed.

Grzegorz00pl

Grzegorz00pl

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
I don't play poker when I'm in trouble, because poker demands a lot of attention, I don't like being stressed when playing, I think it greatly influences the dynamics of the game
Yes - this is good advice, but for recreational players. But when I play poker almost 24 hours a day, I have to learn to manage my tilt and focus on the game and not on my problems. We alwayse will have some problems.

Grzegorz00pl

Grzegorz00pl

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
I'm sorry to hear about your wife, wishing her and you the best.

I don't like to play with things on my mind. I fear I would play badly because I was distracted and then I wouldn't enjoy the game.

It is different for everyone. Poker is relaxing for some people, for those people it can help them take their thoughts away from their problems for a short period. If somebody plays purely for fun then it can be good for them too.

Maybe I could play in freerolls only if I had things that were worrying me. That way it doesn't matter if I play well or not.
Hi - thanks You.
I play freerols because of my bankroll alwayse zero :):)

Sometimes I try to play for real money and not for tickets - but I think I am not ready yet to win something.

C

Comboss599

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If i have some free time, there is nothing to avoid me from playing poker.

O

odonob

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I only play when I am conferees, not tired and in the mood to play. I cannot play unless my find is fully settled. I can’t play with distractions or tiredness.

D

Dougana

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Hello, first of all sorry for that news, I hope she got well very soon. You should try to keep playing, but if you believe that your game is going down, you may stop for a while.

D

dezzyd

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you’re asking this question I think you need to look at what’s more important in life. And that isn’t poker

M

Magallaneroy

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
VE
Chips
I don't play poker when I have problems, I like to be focus.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
No I am not tilt because of problems - I am tilt all last 10 years hehe - I got huge private ptoblems starting 10 years ago - something happen in my life that date of 11.09 2014 was a day when all bad things in my live started. And contiunue till today. My girl died few days ago - my hear broke ;(

So very very sorry to hear of your loss!! :cry:

I can't imagine the pain you must be feeling.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
If you’re asking this question I think you need to look at what’s more important in life. And that isn’t poker

Hello. You might want to look through (read) the full thread prior to posting... His girlfriend just passed away a few days ago :(

Suns of Beaches

Suns of Beaches

With a Balloon to the Moon
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Very sad man. Wish u all the best. We are here for u if u need anyone to talk to.

Sintubai

Sintubai

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Every problem will be an extra burden on our emotions when we are playing several poker tables a day. When things don't go well, you need a lot of calm to start over better the next day... I hope everyone in this thread can achieve their goals at the tables! GL to all!! ;)

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Every problem will be an extra burden on our emotions when we are playing several poker tables a day. When things don't go well, you need a lot of calm to start over better the next day... I hope everyone in this thread can achieve their goals at the tables! GL to all!! ;)
his girlfriend died a few days ago

AzdajaD

AzdajaD

Meat Pounder
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RS
Chips
Hi! I'm so sorry to here about you wife, just go positive with treatment and let fight be successful! ❤

Ont. No, I would take a little break...

R

Recreationalplayer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I avoid playing poker I'm unhealthy mindset.

The game can take a mental toll if you are going through problems.

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
If I have problems, I solve them. I personally don't have time for poker or other entertainment on such days. I don't play until I solve my problems.

Grzegorz00pl

Grzegorz00pl

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
If I have problems, I solve them. I personally don't have time for poker or other entertainment on such days. I don't play until I solve my problems.
IT will not good advice for me, because I got problems all my live - so i would never play poker if I do like You wrote :):)

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Of course not!!! Itis still a game, so life first then games, plus if you are not connected to the game you will make many mistake în your decision.

Grzegorz00pl

Grzegorz00pl

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
Of course not!!! Itis still a game, so life first then games, plus if you are not connected to the game you will make many mistake în your decision.
thank You @pavel1111111 -so that's why You alwayse eliminate me ;) because I alwayse play with some other things in my head xD

A kiravio

A kiravio

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
For some it seems that there are no problems that cannot be solved. Others seem to have problems, through no fault of his, but they are his and he cannot give them up. Morality is perceived differently and with certain nuances for each of us. We each have our own struggle in life, maybe moral or wise.
Let's focus on the game when we can take a break from other pursuits, if not take a little break from the game to reset.

neptunas888

neptunas888

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I would take a break from the game because when I'm in an unstable mental state, I start to tilt.
I wish your wife health