Do You Play Passively or Aggressively?

C

ColinBk

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi All,I'm Probably too passive at mo. I just cant seem to justify raising a lot of the time

P

PointedTip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on my chip stack and the players on my table, how I'm feeling, and what kind of tournament, freerolls more aggressive, money I play tighter.

el_soma77

el_soma77

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
:cool: You have to be aggressive, with good cards, you can't be aggressive by bluffing or lying, you just have to play solidly ...

Luca Santos

Luca Santos

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It depends on how the table is playing and how many chips I have.

fruittree

fruittree

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You have to learn both methods. Depending on the players at the table, your chip stack and your position. You have to play each situation differently.
If you play every hand the same way. Notes on you will destroy many of your chances...you become predictable. Which is the one thing that will hurt you in any poker situation.

cwdignus

cwdignus

Carpe diem
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
in poker there is always time for everything, for patience and aggression, of course if I see a premium pair in hands that I’m already shaking to go all-in

INISHTE

INISHTE

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
passive

I like to bluff from time to time.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
The only way to play, is to play the situation, each hand is different if you are short stacked then the best way to stay in the game is passive/tight, this gives your opponent the impression you are only shoving with premium hands, and they will play cautiously against you.
When you have a decent chip stack then you can play loose/aggressive and pressurise the shorter stacks into folding pre-flop, and be happy to snatch up the blinds and antes.
But whatever way you tend to play, a good player will mix it up to keep your opponents guessing, and it is harder for them to label you a specific type of player.

When the fun Stops, STOP!

complex1

complex1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like to play aggressive when I do open, that's because I usually play solid hands. The only time that I really play passively is when I flop a monster hand. I I to trap then

J

jesusali1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I consider myself a mixed player, I usually play passive first and then play aggressive, it all depends on what kind of hands I'm playing, for a table with 9 players I prefer to play passive and analyse the style of play that everyone has and at final tables more aggressive.

andreypuch

andreypuch

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AGGRESSIVE PLAY DOUBLES THE CHANCE OF WINNING THE HAND.

Aguimonteiro

Aguimonteiro

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Normally passive, in fact it's something I've been trying to evolve, playing more aggressively is something I've been trying to learn. Playing KO is "torture" for me!

T

tiefgang23

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
passiv till the money and then aggro to win some tournaments

L

luketta7

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
actually both

poker needs both, as one complements the other. If a person just plays aggressively, at some point he might lose a lot of chips, and if a person also plays too much passively, he might fail to win precious chips and be bluffed too many times, falling behind in tournaments. So you need to play it both ways

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
hello

It depends on the moments of the game, at the beginning I play quite aggressive, in the middle of the tournament I already begin to play more passively !!! goes in the moments ...

Herkstwin

Herkstwin

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
You will have to figure out my playing style when we sit down at the same table. Why would I share that information with ANYONE? That is like asking a football keeper what his biggest weakness.