efranto2286

efranto2286

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Hello, it depends on the situation and the moment of the game. If you have to be aggressive, if not also passive ... It depends on the rival as well :D

G

Gamer4455

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Both

I'm more of a passive player but at times I do get aggressive. If I'm bluffing I have to play aggressive. But if I have a really good hand I try to play passive as if I have a weak hand so other players will try to bluff with a weak hand. I limp a lot and I've been told many times to play more aggressive, but it seems like when I raise coming into the pot, I lose more than I win. That's just how I see it.

el_soma77

el_soma77

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
:cool: I think that you have to be an aggressive player, when you are in control of the pot, and for that you need good cards, as an absolute reference.

inox73

inox73

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i play to aggressive mostly with unlucky bad result it is like others can look in my brain :D

oarroyo

oarroyo

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PY
Chips
I play both aggressive and passive style! Mixed game to try to never read my game!

speper

speper

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes I play aggressive and Sometimes I play passive

xOneCoolHandx

xOneCoolHandx

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are situations that both are effective and times that playing too passively or too aggressively will get you beat. IMHO the best way to play is to watch how your opponents are playing and play almost the opposite. This can vary between tables, games and even individual opponents at any given table. For example, you don't want to get into an aggro war with a maniac. Also, being able to change gears and play both very aggressively and somewhat passively makes your game more complex and balanced and harder for your opponents to decipher what you are doing, thus making them make mistakes. When your opponents make mistakes, you profit.

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Agressively at first, then more passive

G

gonzalo1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depending on how the tournament is going, I can play passive, waiting to hunt down aggressive players and steal chips ... or play aggressive, stealing chips from players with fear or with very safe hands. It all depends, but I can be one or the other

gon4iypes

gon4iypes

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I like to mix it up ....keep them guessing!!! I think that if you always play a certain way, you become too easy to read

pribalt49

pribalt49

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play aggressively and passively, it all depends on the card and intuition, the main factor for aggression is intuition.

S

Spheremaster

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi, my style of play tends to take into account the card in hand and the situation on the table... it is worth paying attention to this and watching other players
have a nice day :)

W

WHAKAORIORI

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Aggressive all the way. Passive is asking for bad beats from my experiences

WaumpataMaikaefer

WaumpataMaikaefer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer aggressive playing most the time

B

BasTid

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you need to factor in the player you are against, sometimes an aggrssive player will give you their money.

My default is a pressure game.

lauestla

lauestla

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends on the opponents at the table. Facing very agressive players I am gonna stay tight. If there are only tight players or limpers at my table then I expand my range.

E

Elfina777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer a passive style of play, as caution never hurts when it comes to prize-winning places and risk is not appropriate here.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
A good Poker player will change playing styles throughout a game, If I am low on chips I will tend to play passively, giving the lead to more aggressive players so they lose more chips to me when I hit a Monster hand.
When I get a bigger than average chip-stack I will then become more aggressive to pressurise shorter chip-stacks and take advantage to steal blinds.
Poker is a game of changing gears, knowing when to step on the gas, and when to ease off, It is finding the correct balance that makes you a good player.

When the fun Stops, STOP!

D

dorynel7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer to play tight aggressive.GL

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I like to mix it up..

Recently witnessed a couple of CC members discussing my play and was very surprised by their perception, very different to my own understanding of how I play.

Don't think that's a bad thing! :laugh:

Also probably due to them largely seeing me play in CC games rather than out in the wild... :wink:

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes I just go ALL IN on the flop and then play dead. thats my agenda today
ec3128e9a9985be9d899765cf9485c52.png

Last edited:
P

pcurley17

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i tend to play aggressive preflop