Do You hope to get rich from poker?

B

BIGAUS

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Hope to get rich? Of course that'd be a nice result. Expect it? Absolutely not, mostly because I don't play at the high stakes that would result in making a life-changing amount of money.

P

PacManUkrPoker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
there is always hope, especially when you participate in a tournament with big prize

riff_raff312

riff_raff312

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
poker for fun

i like to play but i don"t think i will ever get rich playing,i just try and have some fun:cool:

riff_raff312

riff_raff312

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
i'm sure that most loose but 96% i think is a little high

MikeDTT

MikeDTT

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Rich from experiences not money but if get rich i die tryin:fight:

malakata19

malakata19

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Almost everyone want to be rich playing poker. Is natural see how the poker online and tv make of the sport famous. Many players says that they play for fun but not at all.

A good example is the recent MTT of PS with a field almost of 100k of players and a price of 18.5 millions, make yourself a question, how many players play for fun and how many play for the money ???

In my case if I get some money of poker I will keep playing in a medium level and some MTT in the world is my dream.Go look in the tables !!!

G

GioBonfante

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I've always thought about it, since I started playing. But I think that if I won a good amount I would be able to stop betting or else, bet little for fun.
Btw inn the meantime, I just want to learn and make some profit:D

I

IceMan1087

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, I'm honing my skills to enter the big tourney's... 1 good tourney could be a life changer for most

V

vittopio

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, it's my main tsel-- win a major tournament and bring 7 mi digit prize! Then I went to igru-- but at higher stakes! Unfortunately, fewer and fewer of these tournaments that can change your whole life. But I still aspire to it!

m0t22

m0t22

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Anything can happen, but nothing will happen if we don't do our best to make it happen.

I believe that we need to be clear about what poker means, maybe if it is a hobby ... when we receive a certain amount we can stop and reevaluate what to do.

But when you like the game and have other plans, I believe that a great result serves as an intrinsic motivation to achieve new results.

Z

zamozam

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
si hope to get lucky one day and win some to live couple of years. I have the idea to increase my bankroll in the online poker but to get a nice opportunity at Carribean Poker Adventure and reach the bubble.

T

tolayn83

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hope may not get rich, but to win a little. This is a very understanding mood!

pro100phil

pro100phil

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you are not a professional player, then it is better to invest most of the money in the business in order to have a stable high income. Then you can play poker calmly and without nerves. Play without fear of losing all winnings.

T

Tolyanchemp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
today, when the situation in the world is teeming with unemployment, I think many are counting, at least on not much enrichment :)

xmuggpokerx

xmuggpokerx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It would be fun to be able to play some high stakes poker.

Stabbi

Stabbi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well one is hope and another is reality. I hope i will get rich one day but my adrenalin raise so much when i am close to win the game and then i make some stupid mistake...

R

Rolliman111

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe rich is the wrong word, but having a better and safer life this would be describe it a Little bit better.

another fact is that i can meet and make some Competitions with other Players and i don't need some Special rules in cause of my Disability. i'm having the same Chance and the same worth like the others. that's very important for me.

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is a difficult question. I think I would keep a certain amount of money probably 500,000 or so to keep playing, while with the other money I would use or save.

Agreed on principle. I don't know about the number 500,000 (sounds arbitrary to me), but what you are basically saying is that some form of bankroll management would be in place. Like you, I would have "poker money" and then a separate stash for myself and life. If my poker does well, then I might transfer some of those winnings into the money for myself, but I wouldn't go the other way; I'd only play with what I am comfortable losing. Naturally, I'd want to win: but people play differently when that money is for where they sleep tonight. Some might be okay with this, but I wouldn't. With money I can "afford" to lose, then I can have more confidence in going All-In or making Hero calls.

Also, it should be noted that I am not in poker for the money. I play it because it is a fun game (usually :D )and because I want to improve at it. Of course, if I make some good money along the way, then great! Who wouldn't enjoy making more money? Especially true if you love playing poker because then you are making money by doing something you love. :)

run187

run187

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
One day hopefully. I would just like enough to live on and be able to buy crap I didn't need eg a 128 inch that's way too big for my front room ..

A

andrzejaa

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So far I'm losing all the payouts at poker, but someday it may change.

A

Airles17

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
there are many millionaires in the poker world.
the right is to win and reinvest