U

UberPokerFan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
But NEVER EVER SHOW your trash cards!!!

I disagree. You want other players to think you will play any two cards so the next time you raise/bet with a strong hand you'll get callers. But after being caught with trash, you need to change to a tighter style.

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
Really? Is that so... how do you know? I seriously suspect sometimes that online poker is kinda shifty like that.
Rigged, oh no. [emoji33]
As others have stated, it's all about the situation--position, stack size, # opponents. If you state you'll never play trash, you are losing some opportunities. Ten-2 could be considered trash but it has won the WSOP main event twice
Joe Hachem won with 7-3.

[emoji41]

M

Mike D_

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Recently I won a Big Bang Sattelite 5000$ Gtd playing such a hand. I(average stack) raised with Q6o from late position with intention to steal the blinds and got called by small blind(monster stack), on the turn I got fullhouse, he got nuts flush, he moved all-in and I doubled up.

Drhat63

Drhat63

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes I love to play trash up front, I mean real trash that can hit and stack someone. 2 5 suited, or 56off, it has to smash the flop to continue, but some ABC players will give you credit for a monster if you C bet or 2 barrel; Flipside: some will just call you down, and even exploit because you end up trying to rep their ACTUAL hand...

steve101651

steve101651

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I used to use trash hands to conceal my monsters, just alternate checking, and raising so it kept players guessing. Today I had a 9, 3 offsuit, and I hit a 9 on the flop... I reraised, went all in against K,K, and thought for sure I was going to bust. River flips a 3, and I double up. Wtf!?!?! LOL

slurredreaction

slurredreaction

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It all depends on your position, chip stack, and opponents chip stacks. You can bluff with trash hands and still pick up pots. All depends on the situation at the table. This is why it's important to read your table and figure out who you can push out of hands.

S

SweatPea

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sometimes its good to mix things up, i play trash hands seldomly especially suited.. it can pay off pretty big, or be a waste of a hand but i want opponents to not be able to read my range 100% of the time.

Xcoder

Xcoder

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I once called a 3x raise in position against 1 raiser with 72 suited, I assumed the players in the blinds would fold so I made the call and planned to out play the aggressor. Flop came 227, a monster for me. I called the C bet, than the turn, 7. I re-raise the turn bet the player called. River came 2, now I have the nuts. Player checks to me, I raise about 40% of the pot, aggressor pushes allin and I call, took it down with quads, whole cards 7-2 :)

Sergiy777

Sergiy777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yep, I Can Limp If Rate Is Low.

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not like those who play trash. I myself do not play cards. This is a very rare case for me. In the trash you lose more than you win.

J

John Bor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
not often, but everything depends on the position and the number of players remaining in the game:rolleyes:

pepelepu

pepelepu

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes

2-3 OFF SUIT all the time and some how out 4-5 outta 10 I hit an inside straight.

B

B1BOMBER

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What you call trash is my favorite hand. 3-5 is my favorite hand and if suited even more so. I win with it over 70% of the time. But when it comes to A rag I fold every time unless I'm in the blind. "One mans trash is another mans treasure"!:D:D

D

Dann193

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
No, depends the players because i bluff sometimes i win, but lost many hands.

ritmos

ritmos

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes of course I played a lot of trash cards(27, 39, 68-my favorit!) many times. Usually in the initial stage of the freeroll.
With these cards, many aces and kings were defeated.
Sorry...

sunirico

sunirico

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
2-3 OFF SUIT all the time and some how out 4-5 outta 10 I hit an inside straight.

This was my favourite too, suited or off suit, always all-in with 23. When it hits it's spectacular, boats, sets, flushes and the look on your opponents face... priceless.

Until I found out what the odds are.

ProPokerTools Hold'em Simulation
7,177,978,368 trials (Exhaustive)
23 29.30% (2,072,581,396 wins, 60,525,120 ties)
20% 70.70% (5,044,871,852 wins, 60,525,120 ties)

Now I fold 23... it is loosing money.

K

kidrock1211

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
from time to time i do, i try not to but you know, sometimes we get on tilt.:cool:

cwdignus

cwdignus

Carpe diem
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
The ideal is to faithfully follow the table of hands and their proper positions to reach victory, garbage or speculative hands only in unavoidable situations. The percentage of hit with mediocre hands is very small.

B

bon2great

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
trash hands

I do sometimes play trash hands, in late position. Some hands everyone has a trash hand; figuring this out gives me the pot.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands