Do You Ever Play Trash Hands?

tigeraxl

tigeraxl

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sometimes i play trash hands agains trash players .But i usualy play trash hands when i m leder chip and players on my table are low stack.

Lerts

Lerts

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if i am relatively deep i would play a couple thrash hands, especially if i am in position and playing against nits i would tend to enter pots with rags.

max entropy

max entropy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Trash is relative to what a person thiks is trash.For some people deuces is a good hand and for some is trash.I avoid to play trash in 95% of the games.

sSAINTSs

sSAINTSs

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I once limped in late position with a 3,5 offsuit, and flopped a straight. Do you ever play trash? If so what was your most memorable hand played?

Howdy.
3wks ago I played 34 clubs and flopped a straight flush.
1 man's trash is another man's gold.

Pauliefromgoodfellas

Pauliefromgoodfellas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I once limped in late position with a 3,5 offsuit, and flopped a straight. Do you ever play trash? If so what was your most memorable hand played?

It's honestly best to try not to remember successful stupid plays that you've made. This is pretty much where the term selective memory comes from. I have played trash hands in late position but I've never limped them (at least not that I can recall) The purpose has always been to steal blinds against opponents with a low 3 bet%. Usually I try to avoid pure trash, but suited double gappers and such get plenty of play on the button if it's folded to me.

Pauliefromgoodfellas

Pauliefromgoodfellas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not play trash. Maybe you'll be lucky once or twice, but otherwise you will lose.

It really depends on how deep you are. If you're 7bb deep, if you think you have any hint of fold equity you can shove with any two cards.

diego farfan

diego farfan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
I had 8-2 of different stick in hand and I got poker of 2

Pauliefromgoodfellas

Pauliefromgoodfellas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not play trash. Maybe you'll be lucky once or twice, but otherwise you will lose.

It really depends on how deep you are. If you're 7bb deep, if you think you have any hint of fold equity you can shove with any two cards.

Becky Eubanks

Becky Eubanks

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Only in the blinds or if it is a freeroll

because to me it is kind of embarrassing

at showdown :)

S

Sacredoro

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The only time when trash hands are playable is when you are against one or two opponents and you believe a bluff can be successful.

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course I played the wrong hands because it's poker! My worst hand 73s.

C

colbear

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
of coarse

Of coarse you should play trash hands .that being said it's how you play them that's important .Stack size ,position , history with opponents , stage of tourney ( beginning middle end )how long or how much to next pay out (in tourneys ) all come into play . If you just sit around waiting for your pocket aces you will not win to many tourneys.
So although the cards you have are trash as long as the way you play them is good you will do well with them

C

colbear

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Only in the blinds or if it is a freeroll

because to me it is kind of embarrassing

at showdown :)

If your going to play the freerolls you should try and play it as you would any other tournament . I think you can build bad habits by playing different . If you keep getting lucky in the freeroll then you get into real tourney and think oh that's been working for me ill try it again . Just a thought and my opinion

RENEY444

RENEY444

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'll play weak hands in the blinds if I can get in cheap .

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If there are pot odds to play, couldn't care less what two cards. Also with position any two will do to steal a pot.

57noona

57noona

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I try to fold them as fast as I see them.

EsnneyPk

EsnneyPk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In fact it is not my pleasure to play rubbish because 80% lose the hand, but if there are times where the villains play slow and let me see the cheap flop with rubbish hands, and wow is in a situation where our hand Which was garbage upgraded considerably.
But only in rare situations I play this type of hands.

T

Tman300

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes I'll play them depending how I feel when I see my cards, the position I'm in and chip stack lol but most of the time I'll fold them

savaxz

savaxz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yesterday I was playing a tournament. I was chip leader.The stack was huge. Send me two and seven. I went to all inn. And won a pair of Queens.-)

Amanda2Songs

Amanda2Songs

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Trash is trash and as a cash player myself rarely ever call a raise with trash. But have enjoyed the big blind special. Flopped the nuts a few times with trash and earned, cracked over pairs of both experienced players and entertainment players that just can't let go.

B

Booyah777

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Multitable and wait for good hands its not so boring. gl

Senneville

Senneville

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play my trash hand more in the Sb or BB or 3 bets often with trash hand. Raise fold often when a 3bet raise me with sometings. I n live situation is even more frequent because I dont want to show my hand so I raise and re-raise often with these kind of hand.

X

xsavier

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If u have high stack just play anithing. The site (pokerstars or 888poker) will make sure that u'll won

J

John Bor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
so sometimes nervous when trash cards take win, by Nuts

rodrigo1972

rodrigo1972

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sometimes depending of my position my stack and the blinds , but most of the time I play nice hands

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands