Do You Ever Play Trash Hands?

E

edcwy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, a polarized range can be useful in table image. Circumstantial usage depending on who's at the table, opponent's position, and mine. Never limp.

nimburkx

nimburkx

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Trash hands are outplay most monster hands as AK AA , most times u can beat it easily when you got two pairs from the river.
There are few things you need to consider, about previous hands
Need to watchout against what kind of your opponent
Sometimes you have to make your bluff bet more high and they will think that it will going to be weak and make problem for the call....

korneel

korneel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Couldn't agree with you more. Players run "Card Dead" per say. You can't wait for cards, though you can play position instead. Eventually the cards will be dealt your way.

Indeed
since I'm playing in position, i'm almost never blinded out.

vadimknyshov

vadimknyshov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The advantage of such hands is that it is difficult for the opponent to foresee them. Sometimes I play such hands for free or for a small fee.

diadiavalik

diadiavalik

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With a garbage hand I go only on the blinds, in other variants, I just throw off.

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
raising with trash is completely OK and actually necessary in tournaments.

calling a raise or limping with trash is basically a losing play except in the blinds in certain situations. If you're not playing sometrash out of your blinds in minraised pots you're just kissing a ton of equity away.

most memorable? who can say. I can't even think of how many times I've flopped trips or better with complete trash from my blinds. I think the most memorable would be SB limped KK hoping to trap. I checked 72o flop came 775. we got it in on the turn when I turned a 2. can you say BB special?

pashkawell

pashkawell

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always play trash hands from the big blind. If the pot odds to see the flop.

P

peterpam

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I only play trash if I am small or big blind, otherwise I fold. I have lost to trash with two aces in my hand on more than one occasion.

Havik

Havik

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
of course everyone plays trash cards once in awhile. It's best to play them when you can sneak in the pot or are in position. If you only played good cards everyone would know when you had a good hand and just fold.

D

ds276

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes I play, depending on my position and the size of the bets, but mostly I throw out such cards. Sometimes very insulting at the end

J

joshtheking1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ive played trash plays before only because i got impatient and tired

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I play a lotta trash hands lately. Just watch my cards tonite!!

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
You have to play a wider range of hands if you want to survive and run deep in a MTT but as many said from late position or from the blinds and preferably in an non raised preflop situation.Or if you are on the BB and the SB just calls to trap you or to see a cheap flop then you have to play with any two.

If you asking if I open hands like J2o or 72o from early position when deep, the answer is no.But if I am deep enough then ofc I open hands like 64s or 87s or 35s from early position but not very often, If example I have a tight image then I will do it once in a while.

O

omgdontcall

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
One's definition of trash is another person's treasure!! I'll play less premium hands to balance my ranges and play certain hands depending on position. People say tight is right but better to mix it up rather nitting it up.

WebWebber

WebWebber

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Unfortunately yes. When I play with too much emotion, when I lose on an evening only. But I'm already working on it .... it's a real vicious circle

1gotya

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
sure if its cheap and it feels good :smile:

T

troymcjessy

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If the pot is limped or folded to me on the button. I will play almost any hand. Being in the best position possible just gives you so many other ways to win a hand besides hitting something on the flop. I especially love hands like 67o here because you can win some massive pots against the sb and bb range when you hit a straight

BigJamo

BigJamo

Aussie Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah got a straight flush from the small blind with 4/7 clubs.

If its from a late position and not gunna cost me, I have a looksy at a flop.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
it all depends on how many chips I have and how aggressive opponents at my table !!!

Diegol

Diegol

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I rarely play trash hands in a tournament, in cash with position i play them all the time specially against weak players

N

ninoverm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I rarely play trash hands in a tournament, in cash with position i play them all the time specially against weak players

Depends what you define as trash. If you're raising 64o then I can't imagine you're winning in the long run. 64s different story.

S

sekcapilniqt

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
many times I've played when I have a lot of chips
when you enter all I can come in and not allowed to stay without them

romych007

romych007

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes in a late position. Or in the small blind small connectors, if there is no raise.

zam220

zam220

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play such hands for free or for a small fee.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I need to learn to play more the position , even with trash hands so as to deal with card dead and blind out .

I have called ,which is not good , but did it once playing bingo :D once in the premier league with 23o , straight on the flop :D , took half his stack stack , but this was made once , I mean I don't play trash hands . Only if I am on the blinds and it's very very cheap to see the flop and the hands are not so trash :).

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands