lucky day it was,lol

CullinanPoker

CullinanPoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depending on my stack size and the tournament I may play some here and there. It seems more often than not those are the big money makers.

wlad20082009

wlad20082009

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
Yes, sometimes I play . Of course it all depends on the blinds , the stacks , positions etc . And of course mood ! :D

Anki_KB

Anki_KB

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it happens rarely in late position that i might raise 2-3 BB, mostly if i have a tight player in front and a decent stack.

gus201

gus201

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If the hand is trash then it doesnt win.
If the hand wins then its not trash.

If your able to play them so called trash hands with out over paying
then whose fault is it? yours or the other players in the hand ?

Have a great day at the tables

malakata19

malakata19

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play trash cards when my position is the SB or BB, but I hate tha high percent of players that destroy your better hands with trash hands.

C

chadg1982

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
small stright

2 and 4 in hand catch 35 j flop turn 6.\
simply small stright.figured upper hand knocked out 2 to 3 players out of the tourment.:angel::angel:

J

Jeremy Laninger

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I will play trash hands in certain situations. All depends on my position and the amount of players in the hand. Usually I will set up a bluff right from the start if I'm going to play it if I'm in position. Especially if I don't hit anything off the flop.

Martin Carreira

Martin Carreira

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I had to limp with 9-2 memories and I hit full on the flop, my face of surprise to see this was amazing haha, I could not believe. Also in CG I played flush with 7-3 and when the player went all in he had AA in hand and wanted to die lol

jarre1977

jarre1977

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
3 & 6 and it became a straight flush

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
I usually won't do it in CC games CC members will rarely let you or me to do that, but I have been known to suckout with crap.

If you are allowed to limp in by the othe players then it's their bad luck, I don't feel any sympathy for people who let me limp or min raise when the blinds are low.

M

McDrix

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I once playing online limped with 72 off to get full house on the flop. I was funny 😀😀

AgentXtreme

AgentXtreme

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes when I get a bit short , I try to connect with the board by playing some trash hand

steve101651

steve101651

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If u have high stack just play anithing. The site (pokerstars or 888poker) will make sure that u'll won

Really? Is that so... how do you know? I seriously suspect sometimes that online poker is kinda shifty like that.

steve101651

steve101651

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I had to limp with 9-2 memories and I hit full on the flop, my face of surprise to see this was amazing haha, I could not believe. Also in CG I played flush with 7-3 and when the player went all in he had AA in hand and wanted to die lol

This was exactly what I seen, and had in mind when I made this post. My reaction was similiar to yours lol. Good post! Thank you.

U

UberPokerFan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As others have stated, it's all about the situation--position, stack size, # opponents. If you state you'll never play trash, you are losing some opportunities. Ten-2 could be considered trash but it has won the wsop main event twice

Sheepodog

Sheepodog

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Trashy Hands

If I can do so without crippling myself in a freeroll or small buyin tourney, I will call with the weak hand as often as possible. not a 2 9 off kind of hand tho. It's gotta be connected or suited connected or both. If I am a bigger stack and there are 4 or 5 players in ahead of me I've been known to call too!

Sometimes, when there are a lot of limpers in ahead of me and I'm on the big blind, I have been known to push with the classic squeeze play too!:D

T

Tman300

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play trash hands a lot in tournaments more than ring games, they often hit something right off the flop I kinda get happy I play with them when I hit something like a straight, flush, straight-flush or quads when I call a push all in

R

rushdaman

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
95 percent of the time i will throw away 3 5 off suit, i will play it when the blinds are in there first level, but once the blind go up one phase i would not play it. I really only like to play the top 15 hands in poker. Il remember like a year ago i played 72 off in a 10k gtd tournament and flopped a full house 2's of 7's and i slowplayed it and its still rangs true in my mind

nutthink

nutthink

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AA KK QQ JJ TT 99 88 77 66 55 44 33 22 the rest is trash so yes we all do..

sunirico

sunirico

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is probably the most frustrating part of poker, you play tight waiting for premium hands and then loose with them against rags.

But playing rags often will definitely be -ev as they only win sometimes.

The best bet is still to choose good spots rather than playing specific hands. In other words, don't call all-ins with garbage but if you can get in first any two cards might do.

P

peeetiee

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In tournament I only play in BB or SB when not raised. On button, when everybody has folded, I sometimes even raise to steal pot. That´s not gambling, but position play.
ANY 2 cards can win, but U have to consider the cost of the chance. If U are big stack U can have a lot more looks.
But NEVER EVER SHOW your trash cards!!!

grinya774

grinya774

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I rarely play with garbage hands, I hand 72 offsuit with the flop caught a full house.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands