Do You Ever Feel guilt When You Win?

I

I2jr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Feel guilty when I win, I do not think we all sit down to win and it's part of the game one wins the other gets up and retires, it will be hard but that's the way it would feel guilty if it's a very dear friend that I have in front of me but more That nothing could be a lamentation but guilty

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I win don't have feelings of guilt. Because it is a sport.

Diegol

Diegol

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes when i am very lucky i feel gulty if i know the player against me but well that happens in both ways

Moonchild

Moonchild

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sometimes when i win i feel bad and sorry for the other player. Especially when the player's name is something like "grandpa" and he/she has a dog as an avatar. When you lose you get mad and when you win you feel guilty. lol
It sounds very sweet and even cute, saying that, but also the grandpa loving his pets knows the 'rocking and rolling' of poker, don't you think? Do you think he feels guilty when he gets your chips. I doubt it.

I hardly feel guilty, only when I made a bad move and got some f.ex. river luck. But even then I remember all the times someone else had some nasty luck against me and the guilt flies away within a second.

D

Dan Perkins

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
never. if you do you should not be playing.

Moonchild

Moonchild

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Some times i feel guilty. Mostly when i was very lucky and the poor guy got a big bead beat. I admit when i hade the weak cards and than the river helps out :) In this case i allways write on chatbox that i`m realy sorry!
I'm not a big fan of saying "sorry" in that kind of cases, because ... are you really sorry you got lucky? Aren't you just glad the luck was on your side and you didn't loose a bunch of chips?

Nintendo

Nintendo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Only if the opponent is someone I get along with.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
so why you won ??? Why do not you lost ???))) it is desirable at the beginning of the game)))) conscience would be clear as a tear)))) and if you honestly that this is a game and everyone here in any case, someone will win and someone will lose))) do not pay attention to the name !!! if the woman's name does not mean that it was the woman playing with you !!!!

Last edited:
L

LuciaMendez

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
not

sometimes I feel to happy to feel guilt . It is zero sum game .

Havik

Havik

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nope zero guilt. Its poker and if the losing player can't handle it just simply quit playing. Everyone has a chance to win, but 99% of the players will have to lose.

Clark Kent

Clark Kent

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Honestly, I feel guilty only when I lose. I cant forgive myself for playing some cards knowing that someone have better hand. But feeling guilty for winning- no. :)

Padlington

Padlington

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Can't say I have ever felt guilty at winning even if it has been a fluke

deucefactory

deucefactory

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Never feel bad. Winning is the ultimate goal of any poker game. If you win by fluke / bad beats, enjoy it - it was your day and you're still the winner, even if you weren't the most skilled player..

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Since I move a lot and in a cruel situaciji one out, I have not a drop of regret that I won.

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
We all sometimes apologize when knock someone out of the tournament, especially if it was a key stage. In fact, nothing bad we do not, it is a problem of our opponents, not our.
In general, my opinion on this matter, if you are someone sorry, you need to change your attitude. Should we feel guilty when we take away money from the player? Absolutely not. At that moment, when we all sit down at the table, we decide to risk hard-earned money.

A

avderevo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
no, I don't feel guilty. In poker, someone always loses, someone wins and does not need to overreact

sandund

sandund

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I bolieve in maths odds on a long run, but it doesn't happened in online games. So, that affected my compassion to 'it's not fair' situations, because it happened all the time.

E

evolucian

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I lose I usually admit defeat and say good game. When I win I still say good game. To me its an etiquette thing. Nobody is brought up the same way as another so if they respond or not it makes no difference to me, as long as I was courteous and not boastful. Yeah, losers whine depending on their maturity level, so they can swear at me from the sidelines... I remember once when a guy lost to me, went all tilty and commented on all my fishy hands and rejoiced in my losses. I could have muted it but in the end I just analysed the situation, let him know he's tilting and to chill. I got it right to calm him down before he runs out the basement and kills his mom in the kitchen, so I felt good.

Yeah, it is a game but I guess its personality dependent on what you do and how you feel and stuff. My way is not for everyone or anyone really, its just how I deal. If u have guilt and feel the need to apologise then its ok, if you wanna be heartless and ruthless, then that's ok too. Each result works in its own way.

shody

shody

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never thought about that,and the answer is NO,im just glad i won it and dont worry for rest of players,this is poker we all lose and win,we cant win all in the same time.

pescaofish

pescaofish

Academic Poker
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PA
Chips
No I don't feel bad because of the "Variance", the few times I get the lucky turn is nothing compare to the many times I loose with the best hand.

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I just remember all of the bad beats, and enjoy the rare moment when variance works in my favor.

Zokac71

Zokac71

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Guilty???????????????

NO NO NO NO.....

I play poker to win....and im happy when i get money to my victory.

D

Dmitrii Kopylov

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No, it's a game, it's poker, and if you upset progeny, then there is no need to sit at the table.

ubo

ubo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course this is sometimes present when it decided 72 for example limp and you got....