Do You Ever Feel guilt When You Win?

H

horp22

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think if you've played long enough, had your share of beats, you will eventually feel nothing at all.

Animylgamer

Animylgamer

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you sometimes feel guilt when you win?

Any two cards can win a hand, right? Players will say "Don't hate the cards, hate the player" and that saying is so true. I should know, I'm very much disliked on quite a few sites for my loose and sometimes erratic play style.

I remember 'back in the day' watching Mike Matusow playing a wsop main event one time he was once quoted as saying: "The turn can giveth... and the river can taketh away."

"I know that a man who shows me his wealth is like the beggar who shows me his poverty; they are both looking for alms from me, the rich man for the alms of my envy, the poor man for
the alms of my guilt." --Ben Hecht

Last edited:
I

insidious96

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I only win in the last card on the river.:)And sometimes I am lucky to win this so.

P

pospisil8

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I never feel guilt, I think that poker is a hobby, and I like that moment when I win, but of course, I must sometimes loose :) but it is the game...

C

capara20

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ohh i never feel guilty, i feel happy !

M

ManuJoshi

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
whaaaaatttt. i'm winning a game not ****ing an under age girl. why would you feel guilty.

I

ImYD

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its weird because its just a game after all and we are playing it because we want to win, but sometimes when i win i feel bad and sorry for the other player.
Especially when the player's name is something like "grandpa" and he/she has a dog as an avatar.
When you lose you get mad and when you win you feel guilty. lol

Sometimes it happens... but still u have 40% KJo VS ATo

Animylgamer

Animylgamer

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes it happens... but still u have 40% KJo VS ATo

...but what if you have that third "dummy" that plays the A8o/s (out of position)... & has no right being in the hand in the first place especially w/ a raise and re-raise after his/her limping in... (personally I HATE that hand)... unless I am "forced" to play in 'position'?

(sorry...dumb question...)...just saying for arguement sake.:angel:

X

Xmaster

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't feel guilty. I see it as a part of poker. I also lose with the better hand again and again.

B

BernardoSLB

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
surely.. i never felt guilty.

Poker is just a survival game, so.. we have to rush on the players to get more chips and ofcourse.. making our way to the final

arielakarel

arielakarel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never .. Maybe cause i never win .. :p

J

Jondalf

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
You shouldn't feel guilt, it's a game of winning and losing

27DaNutz

27DaNutz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never feel guilty or feel bad if you win a tournament

Or for that matter if you suckout vs someone AND another thing is you should NEVER be sorry when it comes to gambling in poker

At the end of the day we ALL know the risks in poker and we all know that there is a chance that we can lose hands unless ofcourse we have the NUTS

So therefore i am never guilty for winning a tournament/hand :)

alipalip

alipalip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Some times i feel guilty. Mostly when i was very lucky and the poor guy got a big bead beat. I admit when i hade the weak cards and than the river helps out :) In this case i allways write on chatbox that i`m realy sorry!

Nathan Williams

Nathan Williams

Poker Pro
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't feel guilty because I know that most people don't feel sympathy for me when they take my money! Also, be aware that sometimes when you see a screen name online like "#1Grandpa" with a dog avatar it is actually some smart ass college kid trying to pull a fast one on you :p

debriz

debriz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes especially when someone telling you "You badbeat the Poker pro". As an online player and playing live poker sometimes, I don't fully understand what is poker and no time to research it and irrelevance for me as long as Im playing around. One time at the table live poker I badbeat again the AA with my K,10offsuit, and the player next to me told me I badbeat the poker pro, and I ask what is poker pro and difference to other players playing poker. He explained me so well about my question and that was the time I begin to feel guilty when someone badbeats with my unprofessional plays against best plays especially poker pro as I understand lately that if you beat them and get all his stack at the table, they will lose their job at a moment or their bankroll. From that moment on, I start researching all about Poker, read a lot of articles,etc. Now everytime ahead of me and was badbeat on the turn or river. I will say "Sorry Sir" or better not to interact their insults or whatever says to you. But if Im on their side and got a badbeat, I would not do the same. I will just close the software in online leaving with no words same as in live poker, I just stand up and walk away from the table saying "nice hand".

rawbad

rawbad

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
you must be a really nice person when playing poker you must have take no prisoner attitude NO GUILT attitude and by the way ive been told im a nice guy when not playing poker lol

crazyforchips

crazyforchips

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, honestly i used to feel a bit guilty when i first started playing poker but, then I stopped feeling bad for the loser because it struck me that - he wouldnt have felt bad for me! Why should i?

leandrette

leandrette

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i hope not, and I feel bad when I lose and often :)

J

Ja_Ray_Rob

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes I do get that feeling sometimes.. but only in a home game with friends/family!! I am not sure I have felt that way any other time, or if I even COULD feel that way towards a stranger that I am competing against to take each others money/chips. Its rewarding and gives you a sense of accomplishment; although I am not the type to brag or celebrate in front of the person I had just felted. But INSIDE!!?? Oh yea, I am doing my inner happy dance. haha.

GAmadbomber

GAmadbomber

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Nah, not all. Especially if I check/raise big and they call it. When in tourneys it sucks to be on the bubble, but someone has to.

Kidkododo

Kidkododo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do really feel sorry for my opponent, it's part off my nature. It's weird cause a player asked me on the table if "I loved money or if I was greedy" and I was winning at that point. I said no I don't love money and I'm not greedy, I play poker because of that sensation you get when the thrill and that's why I play. So a lot of times I feel sorry for some of my opponents and wish I could help but can't give my chips sadly and if I loose well bad luck for I don't mind loosing either.

bolsoman

bolsoman

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's just a game and the rules are clear. I am not cheating, why will I feel guilt?
Don't feel guilty if you are doing nothing wrong.

D

DawnNuts

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love to win even if I get lucky. don't recall feeling bad about stealing a pot either hehe