Do You Ever Feel guilt When You Win?

sergik1992

sergik1992

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do you ever think about the person you just beat? You won but they lost. Do you ever feel bad that you took another person's money?

I never thought in earnest abut it, but it`s very important psychological part of games. Our fillings are in fact very strong and we are joyful when we beat someone. But what about our victims? Maybe the losing money was last hope in the life fot them... And our joy signifies someone`s broken life.

mm maksik

mm maksik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Conversely happy that I won money!
because he knowingly brought to the table! ;) :p

B

bravissim0

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not care the feelings of other players, the main thing that I won money

J

Just_a_Tom

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, if a friend of mine is at the same table and I happen to bust him, then yeah, I'd feel bad about that. If I take it easy on him just because he's my friend that would be just as good as cheating, if it's not a heads up table. Also If I call an all in bet on the flop with a set and my opponent happens to have flopped a boat, Then I end up rivering a stronger boat, that would make me feel bad, not guilty. I would feel bad because the guy did everything correctly and still lost the hand. I'm sure that has happened to all of us, especially in online poker.

I

ianleel

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
With all the bad beats I had I `ve never felt guilty when I win

D

Dodgethis2k

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Guilty? Never, because...

...of how I lose. I keep detailed records (comments from Doyle Brunson and Chris Ferguson got me doing that shortly into my poker playing). If you sat behind me for 24 hours watching how many times I lose to a 2 out (5% to win) or 3 out (7% to win) hand on the river you'd know the last thing I feel when I win is guilt. That isn't even including hands that end up all-in preflop such as my KK vs 77, or my AA vs A8off.

I always try to remember a quote from (I believe) Thomas Austin 'Amarillo Slim' Preston, Jr., who said that bad players don't get sucked out on because they never get their money in with the best hand.

niphon56

niphon56

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Some time i feel sorry.
Specially win a big hand from friend.

evan20002

evan20002

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I feel excite when I win. I call with AK in cash game, hit a straight > TJQKA with rainbow, so there is no chance for flush draw and I just sit here and see player bet his money to my pocket........

S

sonebrate996

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Haahahah feel guilty? No reason to feel guilty, it's game of luck, skill and patience. no space for guilty, sorry and sam other emotions

GRANDPAPA929

GRANDPAPA929

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why should I feel guilty?
I should be proud of the victory.

Martin Carreira

Martin Carreira

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In case of playing the hand in the right way and as I think the playing does not feel at all guilty, it is more, I feel very happy and proud of my game. But in the case of playing with a trash hand and winning a very strong hand, the veradada that a little guilt generates haha

scorpi224

scorpi224

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hahah ofcourse you never feel guilty >.< if you win by a river mmm that must be frustrating alot for the other player i might feel a but guilty haha

C

CHILOWWW

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just like football, all teams are jean with the conviction of winning and some lose, it is natural in the competition there is no reason to feel anything for anyone is a game do not get involved feelings

K

Kassandra677

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, it happened, but I'm sorry)

Poker as a war, and in war all means are good)

Last edited by a moderator:
VizziVizo

VizziVizo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always feel happy when I win, no matter what happened

adamovic

adamovic

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
poker its selfish and egoist game .none is sad to win. u can be some how sorry but the othe opponent only if he is a good friend of you but its just for few minutes .

R

Runeloko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never, Poker is Poker & the beauty of it is that an AA is not ever a win, anything can happen in Poker. :)

PokerNuts01

PokerNuts01

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you feel bad about winning, then poker isn't the game for you.

RidersFan

RidersFan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never feel guilty because it's poker and when you hand someone a bad beat it's just making up for the bad beats you've been given

C

Chaulko

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The only time I feel a little bad, is when I'm playing with friends and I hand out a crushingly bad beat. It's gotta be real bad though. Like a one outer.