thedarkman

thedarkman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I don't know about you but, I can't eat before or while I'm playing it makes me uncomfortable.
from what I've read it's a bad idea not to. Thoughts?

I can eat any time of the day and anywhere. As I only play on-line I don't have to worry about annoying people and things like that.

INISHTE

INISHTE

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
Hi Friend.

As long as I can eat with my left hand and play with my right I'm happy XD I have to get used to it, because I usually have lunch or dinner playing, in my case it happens a lot because I usually have long poker sessions, it's the only way I make a profit, You don't always win the first time.

J

jason2626

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It's a must can't play on a empty stomach ill even eat while I play... ohhhh yeah:D

Alaercio da Rocha

Alaercio da Rocha

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
During my poker sessions I am not hungry. I don't know why but I don't.
I can eat before playing yes but I almost always start my games at times when I'm not hungry so I end up eating only after I stop playing.

N

Niykk

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am unable to play my best if hungry.
Eating before playing is something I really need to play well

jrgum25

jrgum25

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't know about you but, I can't eat before or while I'm playing it makes me uncomfortable.
from what I've read it's a bad idea not to. Thoughts?

I don't play live poker but whenever I'm playing online I'm always using the breaks during tournaments to go get a snack. I think its a habit that I probably wouldn't be able to break if I play live so I guess if I'm hungry I eat just the way I am.

S

seraxel

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Carbs could make you sleepy. Protein and veggies are the best.

U

unadonk

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Light snacks for me. Heavy meals make for heavy head.

mj22

mj22

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CY
Chips
Not before, while I'm playing. I just enjoying it especially if the food is good and to feel like I'm doing something other than poker that doesn't require much attention to keep the session running slowly.
I mean that's why there are breaks every 55mins of the hour to use them to refresh and get energy snacks or drinks. Of course heavy food can affect the human body such like when you eat and sleep, you'll get incomprehensible dreams :confused::confused::confused: and maybe make you sleepy and affect your decisions. But also an empty stomach can do the same. So use light snacks or food you love will make you cheer while playing.

F

FlushKings311

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker

If I'm hungry I eat. If I'm thirsty I'm drinking and I'm always thirsty. Vodka and cranberry don't play without it

C

CaptainXL

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Before, definitely. I can’t imagine being hungry will help, though being stuffed won’t either. During, maybe I shouldn’t but I do. Mostly finger food.

Kennemelo

Kennemelo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Before, definitely. I can’t imagine being hungry will help, though being stuffed won’t either. During, maybe I shouldn’t but I do. Mostly finger food.

what about those times when you spit out the rest of your food when you see the river that knocked you out of the tournament?:D:D

amilcarjt89

amilcarjt89

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
as best you like

that is optional in my house I like during the game to have a drink or two to relax and when there is rest in the game I take advantage and eat

theoxy

theoxy

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dont advise you to eat a lot before the game.

J

Joe1

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always eat well before I start playing, because my concentration is much better that way..

gustavofuentes2

gustavofuentes2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You should snack as you need it. Just do whatever makes you comfortable to get through the tournament. Smoke, dine and drink, each person is different.

krasikrisi

krasikrisi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play poker main night. I eat an hour before a game, taking care not to eat too much to fall asleep. I don't drink alcohol while I'm playing.

M

mclay

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I play poker main night. I eat an hour before a game, taking care not to eat too much to fall asleep. I don't drink alcohol while I'm playing.
I do exactly the same friend, I don't like to play either hungry or drunk.:angel:

Stringy

Stringy

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
i either eat just before / in the begining of a game or sometimes make food in the 5 min break

KozakAlex

KozakAlex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You really need to eat before the game to have energy. I spend a lot of energy and always want to eat a lot. Even during the game I eat at least something small, like a pie.

S

slothi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me it’s uncomfortable to be hungry….🥴😁….so I prefer eating before playing…..and I have to add that I often have some snacks while playing (online)……and I don’t think it influence my game in a bad way

emejota23

emejota23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer, eat in the breaks, if necessary, usually something light... :D

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I've had lunch or dinner while playing, in my case, it was normal, I just had to concentrate so I wouldn't click on the plate and pierce the mouse with the fork

Gritz18

Gritz18

To Cesar, what belongs to Cesar.
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I don't see any problem with you eating and playing at the same time, especially in online tournaments, tournaments that are usually very time consuming, and between one play and another you take a bite of a snack or a sip of your favorite drink. I often had dinner or lunch while playing, because the hourly break is too short, and you don't have time to eat. What you can't do is lose the focus of the table.