Do you eat before playing poker?

willjosp

willjosp

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am generally very focused on the tournament or at the game table that I don't feel like eating, and because of the emotions, it would not be advisable to eat :D

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
In general, I follow a healthy lifestyle and always try to eat healthier food. In general, I prefer vegetables and fruits. But in most cases I play in the evenings and at night, so I usually only drink water or tea.

Z

zipocool

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don’t advise you to eat a lot before the game, it’s very relaxing, and the game needs composure and concentration

A

ALVY_MARRAS

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In many cases it is better, but sometimes we need to eat something while we are playing to calm the nerves and anxieties while playing.

Skot_Gy

Skot_Gy

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I don't function correctly if i'm hungry, so if i didn't eat before, i can simply eat here in front of my laptop :)

mina271

mina271

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Everyone has to know for themselves what they think is best, but playing with hunger is not a good idea in my opinion. Of course not something to eat that stimulates the intestines. For me personally, if I'm hungry then I have to eat something. I generally eat before a tournament starts, but sometimes during an online tournament as well. It's been too long since I've played live so I can't say how it would be there but when it comes to online I don't really care if I eat or not because I don't bother anyone with it. In the live tournament, I can imagine that this can be annoying for other players

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
is very good to eat before any tournament you start playing , if you have a good run what do you do...:)

BlindThieve420

BlindThieve420

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nothing large before or during play, just small snacks.

franken222

franken222

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've also read that it's a bad idea to eat, or drink during a tournament.

If eating makes you feel uncomfortable while playing, then it's definitely a bad idea.

You need to feel as comfortable as possible, so that your thinking isn't compromised.

Oranaro

Oranaro

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Being hungry while playing makes me tilt for small things. I can't really focus, and make mistakes, which tiltes me, which makes me angry, and so on... Just the same as being tired, but the difference is that you just need to go and eat for the first case, which is acceptable if you play cash, but have to wait the break in mtts. For the second case, well you should stop, and being tired means you will be in good shape not so soon.

speper

speper

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yes i me Being hungry while playing makes I can't really focus, the is that you just need to go and eat and good luck

Dalyn

Dalyn

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why not it give you lot of energy to play and be focus

H

hcuervo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
You eat before, during and after the latter sad or happy depends on the position in poker:D

dongato2

dongato2

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
sometimes I eat before playing and while I play but something light, otherwise it starts to make me sleepy

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, Everybody! :) I'm personally try to eat before playing in Poker...:cool:
This is help me feel more comfortable, and to think only about Game...:smile:

A

Ac3 Meister

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
always a good idea. Not eating makes me nervous:mad:

cwdignus

cwdignus

Carpe diem
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
sometimes i eat at game time i get sleepy and end up sleeping

pescaofish

pescaofish

Academic Poker
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PA
Chips
It should be a matter of individual choice, I will have a cup of wine and maybe some cheese, no heavy food until the game is over. :five:

ga25x

ga25x

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Before, during and after. It does not really matter for me. I eat when i get hungry.

D

dannixo

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Meta

Eating the greasiest food possible without any napkins playing live is the most +EV I've heard.