Do you eat before playing poker?

W

Wtfimdoin

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Eating will push your insulin's to some high numbers, then it will crash so yeah, it can be hard to be comfortable

ScoobyNL

ScoobyNL

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
NL
Chips
I eat before and also a lot in the 5 minutes break...

T

Tom007xd

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Eat something before playing poker

I think, the best option is eating something when you are playing. Personaly I think very important is, that you drink enought when you are playing poker.

PeLLeTTi

PeLLeTTi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Before the grind I use a combination of fruit and grains, such as a banana with a little granola. At this point, the carbohydrate works as a source of energy to be able to grind longer.

D

Daen27

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I love to eat before the tournament and even during the tournament it's cool. I open a couple of tournaments and on half the screen some interesting movie.

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I guess everyone is different. I don't like eating DURING due to it being a distraction, but mid-game between hands (or especially during the breaks), I usually grab something small to eat or drink. Seems to be working all right for me, but again others may be different; do what works for you I suppose :)

RustyRed83

RustyRed83

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you plan to play poker for hours on end, then energy is important, mentally & physically. Drink water, eat snacks, my favourite tends to be noodles, takes minutes to make, i also nibble on nuts & fruit.

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think playing hungry is a bad idea. At least I always eat before the tournament, not much, but still always try to have a snack.

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Stress can play havoc with your digestive system. If you get stressed when playing, you probably want to adjust your diet for game days. You still need to eat and hydrate.

54m

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to eat, drink, and do everything i need to do before, I sit on the chair because i know its going to be long hours or atleast till the breaks come but. specialy eating where i don't have to cook during breaks its best to do before playing a session.

G

GoodMoon90

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like to eat while playing poker, one does not interfere with the other)

zoy4749

zoy4749

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
in itself, not a big snack or coffee, but you can’t feed a lot, then it’s not comfortable to play, it pulls you to the pillow.

marvinsytan

marvinsytan

I'm going to win The PokerStars Sunday Million
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PH
Chips
better to eat before, but if you can have chips and cookie that's more than enough for me

Luan

Luan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think it's always good, because you think better, and when you're hungry you can't concentrate, you end up losing your dream tournament!

Baldy86

Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
playing hungry is not a good idea . you wont play your optimal game . however eating too much is probably not good either :D being too full

S

Suuky10

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually eat and drink during playing. In a 9 player table, im folding 75% of hands so gives me something to do!!

Leeyonah96

Leeyonah96

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I can do both but usually I'm eating while playing cause I can do a multi task. :)

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Mood and physical condition affect the game more than the state of hunger. After all, you can just drink water.

C

CryptoBlood

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I drink only but low amount of drinks because it is hard to play when you drink too much and then you need to go to bathroom when you are in poker match ,I know when I was drinking beer and playing offline poker with my friends I needed to go to bathroom a lot so I drink only water when I play no any kind of alcohol espacialy beer.

Like2Play2

Like2Play2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I used to forget to eat while playing online.
But now I make sure I have something to eat; a little bite every 3 hours or so keeps me in a better mood, I make better decisions and do not tilt as much

J

johnsonmad

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like to eat snacks while playing sometimes just at the breaks in a tournament.

N

Natasha Veneska

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its almost like a fast for me while playing poker lol. I will much on something after a while tho.

Stasey

Stasey

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Eat is always good. But eating do me some slow and tired while I'm playing

Lipki3

Lipki3

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
First time I hear about this. I can understand if it was hockey or football, not poker. you will really feel uncomfortable there.