Do you drink alcohol when you play poker?

voljare1234

voljare1234

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i used to but only beer i don't know why but i can concentrate better of course you shouldn't get carried away: D

Loyal_Flush

Loyal_Flush

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do but i have to stop it. It makes my game terrible. There are extreme down lines suddenly on my graphics. There i was drinking while playing... Thats totally a -EV move in long term...

T

the_bridge222

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you drink alcohol, then you can just throw away the money without sitting at the table ...

Hahaha

I never drink alcohol while playing poker, but if they say that with that I play more aggressive maybe I should drink some? haha. Seriously speaking I recommend moderation, an excess can be a bad idea.

S

samsonand

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
not at all because it deconcentrates my play when thinking about the strategies that I will use for each player, it is also a distraction because the impulses and feelings will be more involved

F

Freepokerfree

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm lucky that I never liked alcohol, lucky because of how harmful it is in general and especially for the liver!

take care

S

slais_pro

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I try to never drink alcohol when I play or are going to play poker, because when a person is under alcohol he is served with a lot of emotions, and in poker this is the worst thing that can be if we give in to some kind of aside from emotions, we must play with a sober head and always according to the chances bank without giving in to side emotions!

cardartist85

cardartist85

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello everyone, I have some questions about alcohol in poker.

1) Have you drunk alcohol when you play poker either online or live?

2) What do you think of moderate alcohol consumption as a disinhibitor method to play more concentrated?

3) What is your method of concentration when you play poker?

I clarify that I am not drinking alcohol when I play regularly, although I must admit that if I like to drink very occasionally when playing and moderately. :)

Greetings.

Used to when I was younger but not anymore. Especially online poker, it always ends badly even if you go on a hot streak. Live I might make an exception and have a few beers at the table to loosen up my play and relax a little.

S

Sooted7s

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I wouldn't online but live I might it kinda depends if im playing with just friends then I would

T

thekid9500

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No, i don't drink alcohol when I play poker because I lose my focus on the game ! :laugh:

direktor_vozduha

direktor_vozduha

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think this is a good idea. You need to be clear-headed. However, if this is a meeting with friends, then beer or whiskey is very useful

S

sweeper21

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No, I don't drink alcohol during poker. I have to concentrate and it seems like a bad idea. I could lose my concentration.

F

Freepokerfree

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi all!

Besides how dangerous it is, I am lucky that I don't like the taste of alcohol, except for some sweet cider and some festivities. So I don't drink during or outside of poker games. Is it useful to take substance that makes us lose consciousness? We all know the answer, it is more beautiful to be faithful to our intuition and stop destroying ourselves.

Ass for all
Heart :ah4: Nature :ac4:

T

thesmokinginger

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on the game right. 100 dollar buy in with friends, we drinking and playing poker. Freeroll tourney, as long as its after noon, definitely drinking. But if I'm in for the long haul want to win, no got to stay sober to focus.

D

diabloman

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Alcohol is one of the worst drugs people get. Therefore, I recommend that if you use it, then in moderation and when you have to rest, and not perform any tasks or work.

Last edited:
ranynight

ranynight

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Definetly yeah, especially in freerolls

Galmedic

Galmedic

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In moderation. It’s a good idea to keep to just a couple

F

Flake

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Одна из лучших комбинаций для меня, выпить пива, и поиграть в покер.