Do you drink alcohol when you play poker?

W

WHAKAORIORI

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Lol hell no . Ild be another statistic with the bad beats that get dished out. I smoke spots / marijuana.

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually drink alcohol. And then comes the idea to play poker :)

Takoyaki

Takoyaki

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes I drink a beer or two, no more than this.
Other times I take a glass of wine. Not everyday.
It doesn't affect my gameplay at all.

E

edujah420

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't drink alcohol during tournaments because I try to stay hydrated as much as I can.

peaceofcoke

peaceofcoke

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, wine is the best companion, especially in a long tournament

el_soma77

el_soma77

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Usually it is not necessary, I think that each thing has its time and space, it is not good to mix the drink with the game, since we can get confused and not measure the losses.

poker is like liquor, if you don't know how to control it, it can ruin you ...

yezzrr

yezzrr

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've learned that it's best not to drink at all, let alone while trying to play cards for considerable money.

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, Everybody! I don't drink any alcohol, when play:joyman: in Poker: this is lose concentration always...:eek: Checked!:rolleyes:
And other I don't advise to do this :cool:, if you won't to lose many money especially! And Good Luck Everyone in New Year!;):icon_sant:)

M

mclay

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
For me personally, even a small dose of alcohol negatively affects my game. I only drink when playing with friends at home.

K

kanycta99

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
When I play freeroll I can afford a glass of wine. If I play for money, then juice or tea is better. Alcohol will help you lose your bankroll ...

RussianWolf6

RussianWolf6

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Light alcohol in small quantities

Hi everyone,

in my opinion it‘s ok to drink one beer or light alcohol during poker. But i don‘t drink often while playing. For me it‘s kind relaxing after a working day and a day with 2 children or family to play in the evening, sometimes with a beer...but only one.
More than 2 or 3 beer has a big influence on your desicions and your mindset, i think.

I think it‘s something different when you earn money with poker. Then you shouldn‘t drink anything. Except after a bad beat or something, then it‘s ok to drink a shot or a cocktail. But when i go to work, i „usually“ don‘t drink anything, so the Pros shouldn‘t do either.

S

Stollpe

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As a not so serious player I usually drink a beer at night when I am playing. Of course I would avoid playing poker after coming back from a night out with your frieds. That is a bad idea.

F

fundukpoker

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
This is a very easy question for me. I never drink alcohol =) I am always sober and fresh:angel::angel::angel:

gena31

gena31

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
I do not recommend drinking alcohol before and during the game, you risk losing all your money, learn from the mistakes of others and not from yours

T

TaigaMaster

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
emotions in poker, and indeed the general psychological state when playing, is an extremely important topic. alcohol helps me calm down

D

DancingNancie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I play live I tend to drink a bit. I find people tend to open up against players who drink at the table. I like to open my range and appear wild at first, then tighten up so my big hands get paid off.

M

marcrues

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I find it makes poker more enjoyable but definitely does not make me a better player.

M

McDavid27

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes i do, i drink like a fish;)

Sometimes I do drink though and start cracking jokes.

K

korbal29

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I drink coffee does it count?

Riccoboni

Riccoboni

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The alcoholic drink decreases the attention in the game. Drinking alcohol and playng is the same as drinking and driving. Something bad is going to happen.

E

edujah420

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No, because alcohol takes my attention away from poker. I prefer to drink water or some juice

andreigabor

andreigabor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is a really bad idea, to drink and after that to play poker, formme dosen t work so well, yesterday I was somewhere with my friends and when I come back home I was start playing the game and loose everything. I hope other people to drink and play :))

U

Ultfrozen

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When we meet with friends live, we play and drink, but we play more for fun, if the game is serious, then I think it's not worth drinking, thinking and adequate assessment of the situation is blunted