Do you drink alcohol when you play poker?

L

Leifhackman

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Some times couple of beers and/or a shot or coupleof whiskey. I'm not a good poker player anyway so no harm done there :D

S

StackingZChipz209

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Drinking and cards

I drink when I'm in a certain mood sometimes Wine and feeling fine
then again drinking gin for the hiccups and reentry again lol

Darsno

Darsno

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Rarely

Rarely, I will. It depends on how serious things are, buyins, etc.; sometimes just one or two drinks will relax the tenseness right out of you and allow much more natural play. Sometimes.

T

TpaEnforcement

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Years ago I use to drink a lot playing poker. But as i got older , i will have a couple of drinks. I also find i use to make bad calls , would be out quickly drinking a lot. Also have patience for the game now. Drinking I would always say to myself i have this hand, next thing you know I lose and would get mad. Now being older and drinking less I stay in longer and may even win tournaments, lots of alcohol don't mix with poker.

Panda1010

Panda1010

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am not much of a drinker, but I have been known to be a little buzzed every once in a blue moon. Which is at times when I won some of my biggest poker pots.

Ram41k

Ram41k

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you drink

if I wasn't drunk, I wouldn't have thrown all on the flop):D:D:D

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 21
Ram41k

Ram41k

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Alcohol

When you play poker with friends, you can't do without alcohol =))

Attachments

• poker.jpg
    poker.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 18
Ram41k

Ram41k

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Alcohol

In this situation, I think the player with AK needs to drink alcohol, since 2% won him =)

Attachments

• Безымянный.jpg
    Безымянный.jpg
    248.8 KB · Views: 16
Only_player

Only_player

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I do not drink alcohol at all. I am sure that almost all professional players know that even a small amount of alcohol will relax you and will not allow you to play full and focused, which will lead you to mistakes.

S

some39thing

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why not? It makes poker more fun, unless you are a pro, then even bstill....a little wont kill you

Kenosavage_TX

Kenosavage_TX

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello everyone, I have some questions about alcohol in poker.

1) Have you drunk alcohol when you play poker either online or live?

2) What do you think of moderate alcohol consumption as a disinhibitor method to play more concentrated?

3) What is your method of concentration when you play poker?

I clarify that I am not drinking alcohol when I play regularly, although I must admit that if I like to drink very occasionally when playing and moderately. :)

Greetings.

1) Have you drunk alcohol when you play poker either online or live?

When I was in college, I used to play drunk all the time. Not now though since i take it more seriously

2) What do you think of moderate alcohol consumption as a disinhibitor method to play more concentrated?

Yeah you’ll make all kinds of wacky plays when you have alcohol bravery

3) What is your method of concentration when you play poker?

My method of concentration is music, either classical or liquid drum and bass (better results with drum and bass)

D

dianasamu245

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
no lo hagas

It is an anecdote of a day that I got taken after sharing with some friends in a birthday celebration, I do not know why I did not feel sleepy and I decided to open my account at poker stars and I decided to play a tournament I had around 58 dollars in my account and wanted to play something off the bench I felt brave and told myself I'm going to play a 3.30 bb on demand and decided to enter ..... after a while I realized that I was playing a $ 33 tournament and ended up in a silly way risking almost all my bankroll in a single tournament but what do you think happened in the tournament, ... I managed to make only two bounty and ended up recovering a percentage of the buy-in about half invested and came out in a hand with a gigantic pot with pair of aces there I got my money back but a badbeat damaged my sleep I hope you don't play when ingesting alcohol is a very bad idea
luck at your tables

J

jorgejarapy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that a moderate amount of alcohol consumption would not hurt to be able to play much more relaxed, although many times the nervous ones of the game I think that they can lead to not having control over the amount of consumption so you could overindulge with alcohol consumption

Ichione

Ichione

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Been guilty of it though I wouldn't recommend it.. what's a good solution is though, make up in your mind a certain amount that you're okay w/ losing or go drop to a smaller table then go @ it, if you're really going to..

Just be very cautious & stop if you hit the limit & don't go chasing losses.. which obviously becomes more difficult the more drunk you get.. ofcourse it depends on your tolerace etc.. but yeah, my go to since a month or 2 ago has been japanese green tea.. calms you right down & keeps you active & acute..!

Ichione

Ichione

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Japanese green tea babyy!!

Keeps me calm & focused.. contains caffeine like coffee minus the jitters & w/ a ton of other health benefits.. allday!