Do you believe in 'bad luck'?

ninocabral

ninocabral

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I believe in negative variance my friend, this is normal and it happens to a lot of people even more who play MTT, one thing that can help you is to avoid going all in pre flop, try this because I think it will help you

Academico

Academico

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I usually have good and bad results in poker, good streaks and bad luck streaks. Variance can be very very harsh and frustrating. But you should not give up or despair because it is something common and it is part of the game, you just have to learn to deal with it and avoid unnecessary risks to reduce that bad luck or variance.

vnnby

vnnby

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
not everything goes as we want, but in general everything is natural

georgi krastev

georgi krastev

Legendary Donk-Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
I believe in the bad skills...

Fofa

Fofa

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
i believe in bad lucky, also i beleive in poker variance, better strategies.

nameless

nameless

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
There are days when everything comes out and others when you eat them all, they are just streaks, bad luck well, other days you will have better luck

aissam18

aissam18

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Maybe yes because if there being lucky you can also have bad luck

N

neverbluff0799

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
As we all know poker is definitly a mathematical game.So i would say that in the long run u will win the same amount as you will lose approximitly.The thing is to have the good luck on the proper moment.

For example if ur flipping 2 times but you win the one at the start of a 10$ freeroll tourney but you lose the one at the final table with 50k on top it doesnt have the same value.So yeah i would say that having good luck on the important moment is what matters.

Off course good players will have more opportunity at big spot but if they lose all those big flips on final tables you could say they are having bad luck in my opinion.

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Despite always wishing good luck, I don't believe in bad luck, you make wrong decisions or believe in intuition, once in a supermarket, after having put all the purchases in the trunk, when trying to leave I came across a flat tire, I gave a suck on the car door and I shouted, what bad luck, my wife corrected me at the time saying, until you change that tire you will have several punctures and you will end up breaking your foot, often paying to see is my bad

MARIANARDES2022

MARIANARDES2022

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
I think that; In an online game you don't have much control of the game, he's the boss, he can lose and win several times, everything is normal. But if you're at the table there, eye to eye, you have to study the right time to go ALL IN.

LUKADONCICMVP

LUKADONCICMVP

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
i do believe in bad luck, also nobody gives a shit what i believe so who cares =)

andron205

andron205

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
without this, coins are not won at the pre-finals

Trismegisto

Trismegisto

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Yes but also bad statistics

M

mssmotilda

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I believe in statistical fluctuations and that If you play good poker you will win in the long run.
I agree, the main skill in poker is to lose the minimum when you are unlucky and win the maximum when you have good hands.

77ecos

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
variance and luck are things that happen in the game, the important thing is to be clear that making good decisions will always make you successful in the game sooner or later, constant study, discipline, knowledge, patience, are essential and more important than things that we can't control

lifecoach22

lifecoach22

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Yes, I believe in bad luck in poker it's when you lose every single moment, betting when you're older and it all happens in a row

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do I believe in 'bad luck'?!. Hm, Main, eventually, I believe in my Good Luck! Without this impossible to play in Poker!

Phil Ivey07

Phil Ivey07

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
NP
Chips
I do believe in luck because even the worst hands might also win at river but I don't depend on luck completely. I only play premium hands.

Mauricio Perrotta

Mauricio Perrotta

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
No, but if there are bad days where the predisposition is not the same for what you want to do that day.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bad luck is not really something to "believe" in - it happens in life and it happens in poker. Surprised at anyone who says they don't "believe" in it. You can decorate it with other fancy words but it is still bad luck.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As Debi say, it makes no sense to claim, that bad luck is not a part of poker or life in general. As an example of the latter some people are randomly killed in accidents with no fault of their own. Or they get sick at a young age. Or they are born in the wrong place by the wrong parents. But for poker specifically the luck element goes down, the more volume we put in. So if we are still losing over a substantial sample, then its probably time to accept the fact, we might not be a winning player rather than blame it on "bad luck" or a "downswing".

A

arshuns

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Luck and bad luck always exist together. They just alternate.

ShaDoWGuarD

ShaDoWGuarD

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think bad luck is part and parcel of poker. It is impossible to win everything and beat everyone, sooner or later there will be a bad streak, but how each of us will overcome it is purely individual. The main thing is not to fall into depression, but to try to survive these failures, because the time will come when you will also start to get lucky.

luckyfish98

luckyfish98

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Do I believe in "failure"? the poker game has a lot of combinations and a lot of players, so it cannot be called a failure if something fails, a lot depends on the player, just like the captain leads the team in any game