Do you believe in 'bad luck'?

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've had my ups and downs when it comes to poker and going ALL IN... But I've never blamed a loss in poker on bad luck.
In my opinion. It's about good & bad timing.
I met a man in Florida that wrote a blackjack book
and it wasn't about math,
it was about streaks

Luck is part of the game

Luck is real and its also called variance in the professional world

They just rename it to make em sound smart
Theyre not unlucky...Its called a downswing! lol

Rachidao

Rachidao

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I wouldn't say bad luck, but when you are in a downswing that's the bad luck in poker.

olejean

olejean

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I believe in luck. This can often be felt throughout the day. Sometimes it seems that you got out of bed on the wrong foot, and sometimes everything goes like clockwork. This also applies to poker.

AizenFalck

AizenFalck

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't believe in bad luck but I do believe that bad luck comes when you are not emotionally balanced to play. Your head and mind become clouded due to your anger or frustration and immediately everything starts to go wrong and you blame bad luck when in truth it is your own decision that is causing bad things to happen in your plays.

A kiravio

A kiravio

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I've had my ups and downs when it comes to poker and going ALL IN... But I've never blamed a loss in poker on bad luck.
In my opinion. It's about good & bad timing.
Hello. 😀 I think there is bad luck and it is not in your bad moment but in the moment when the opponent leads regardless of what hand they play.

vitas_top

vitas_top

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
From my experience, I've come to the conclusion that some players are luckier and less fortunate, and this has a huge impact on their performance.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Bad luck ?? Nope . Bad RNG ?? Yeaaahh !!!

chicbulls2

chicbulls2

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BA
Chips
Variance or bad luck, it is basically the same thing

E

Easylu

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
I don't believe in bad luck, what I believe in is playing our hands badly, and sometimes we are led to it. But mostly luck for me is 10% and knowing how to play the hands well is 90%, so for me poker would be more strategy than luck.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
In poker, bad luck only happens sometimes when you go all-in and he did it and you have strong arms and some of you may not be lucky, but in general I think it all depends on your poker skill. If you play cool, you will go up the limits and make money because other poker players did it and we will be able to

istbno

istbno

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Dispersion, or variance, in poker is the statistical concept that describes the natural fluctuations in a player's results due to the interplay of skill and luck. It's a fundamental aspect of the game and has a significant impact on a player's emotional state, bankroll management, and overall approach to poker. Understanding and managing dispersion is essential for long-term success in the game.

Toruk Makto

Toruk Makto

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I believe that the more you believe in bad luck, the more it haunts you. What happens is that in addition to having some guys who pay to see the cards with garbage hands, the sites still allow the cards to be tapped by these worms, which is why all this trouble!

madmantisgaming

madmantisgaming

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
bad luck happens but good luck happens aswell. everyone experiences coolers its part of the game. i used to play a lot of dota/LoL its a similar experience with online ranked play there are factors that are out of your control but its a long term game.

NSX_Amfe2nat

NSX_Amfe2nat

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
No. I believe in distance

O

OstroLB

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think having the name in poker visualizes your image a lot and you are at the expense of others sending messages about my game so I would like to change the name but you can't

LaNimmer

LaNimmer

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I believe in luck in general. Oh sure there is probably some mathematical formula to explain all the luck in the world but even the seasoned pros still have rituals and superstitions and lucky charms. I believe miracles can and do happen!

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
in poker what goes around comes around , so be patience it will come your turn , the most imporatnt is not to lose yourself and your confidence :)