Decisions based on intuition?

amartimes

amartimes

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
intiution seems pure luck. it is like flip of a coin. Might hit or might not.

dongato2

dongato2

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
sometimes I make decisions by intuition although I try not to

044hero

044hero

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Decisions based on intuition have a place to be, but in my opinion - rarely) Because most of the time it will not lead to anything good, no matter how well your sense of intuition is developed, in your opinion)

R

Rosebuddy

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
US
Chips
Hello. Please tell me, how often do you make decisions based on intuition? Should she pay special attention and listen when she speaks?
Sometimes you have to trust your gut!

CriesuaID

CriesuaID

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is a bit difficult to separate what is intuition from what is experience. But I always think a little more when it seems my intuition tells me my decision is wrong.

Academico

Academico

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I rarely pay attention to intuition, because I believe that this game should not be based on intuition and decision-making must go through the reading we make of each player at the table, of the movements he makes with his bets and other conditions But don't rely on intuition.

M1n1GuN777

M1n1GuN777

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think it depends on the person. I use my intuition very often and quite often even guess the opponent's hand. However, lately I have been more inclined to a mathematical approach to the game.

J

June4Spades

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, I use intuition in Zoom games, when I have limited information about opponents and few time to analyze. Often I catch bluffs.

Pindiez

Pindiez

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I sometimes take decisions based on intuition. I think that you must always analyze your opponents. In case of a bluff, the intuition is really good 😄

Sorry for my english 😬

slicheri93

slicheri93

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
decision are made with calculating the hand, think thats the best way to do it, if you blindly call everything thinking oh this and that you won't win in the long run, sometimes you have to make calls that you don't like and sometimes you have to make the folds you don't like, but thats how it works,

even if you think oh i'll just call the river bet because it's only 2k chips, and i have 60k, but you do it 10 times and you are wrong 9 times out of 10 then you arent playing a good game.

N

Niykk

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Intuition in poker may get you to win a couple of times but it's unreliable.

In order to play good, solid poker you need to know the basic math, hand ranges based on position, players' personality etc.

I'm all for learning the game of poker which sometimes could be quite tedious.

In my opinion intuition is the lazy way out.

However, once one reaches final 4, 3 or 2 intuition may be the wining factor.

zamana80

zamana80

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I am usually start my decision from basics of probability theory, then i'm trying to feel my opponent's behavior.
In my opinion poker is not about intuition but about analyzing and random luck :)

ebazynski

ebazynski

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I think that intuition is a by-product of knowledge and experience. A shortcut if you will, whereby your brain is reminding you of previous outcomes in similar situations when you don't have time to analyze in depth. Not something to rely on exclusively, but certainly not something to ignore completely.

Misaki

Misaki

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
when you start to work on your strategy then you build two things: a gameplan which leads you to better understanding of poker and you make more decsions based on knowledge, but on the other hand by knowing poker better, you understand better what's going on table and it leads you also to make more decisions based on intuition. It happens to me a lot when I'm not really sure what to do, but some sense in my head tell me what I really should do.

A

arshuns

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Intuition is essentially an accident. And making decisions based on an understanding of what is happening at the table is not intuition, but the ability to predict based on knowledge and experience.

F

Frankyy97

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
No i don't play based on intuition. Just sometimes i think there is a bluff than i make intuition hero calls.

davidsincara

davidsincara

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As many of you had stated, intuition is more of a tool in live games, when reactions, tells and such can help in a difficult decision when calling a push, but you have to always have in mind statistics and had de nerve to fold when you are loosing in the long run with such a call. This is eveb more important when you are far way on a tournament. but intuition can be fun to play with in early stages

VGShaa

VGShaa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't often listen to intuition, sometimes during a session with difficult losses it can be easily confused with tilt solutions. The most important thing at the table is your knowledge. But intuition can help very well in difficult but correct passes.

NightStalker

NightStalker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I play by the book. Intuition can make you lose more money.

rastapapolos

rastapapolos

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
Sometimes it happen to me, there is this little voice here in my head that tells me call, call (either to hit a draw, or to do some hero call) after all we can call it intuition or experience based decision, after playing thousands of hands our brain saves in memory some spots and likes to take shortcuts when facing the same situation again, in most times it is right and sometimes it's not, that's why we have to sharpen it by doing a lot exercises and simulation of hands breakdown, it will save us time and money while at the poker tables.

siberianspecial

siberianspecial

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Intuition is part of the great player, of trusting the hunch and the hand he has, but in a psychological and strategy game, it cannot be a pattern or a routine.

cwdignus

cwdignus

Carpe diem
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
it's very complicated to talk about intuition in a game of calculation and estimates, of course poker is an incomplete calculation, but I think that intuition and feeling work very well in poker games, not that it's a snap from the beyond, but a quick reflex that the long training time can provide