Decisions based on intuition?

q3dm4pro

q3dm4pro

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello. I cannot say that sometimes I make decisions only on intuition. At the moment when I make such decisions intuitively, based on the experience of millions of hands played. Hands very similar to the current one instantly pop up in my memory, the results of such hands, and based on this I make decisions. Sometimes it is worth making decisions solely on intuition, but it is worth doing it when the overall outcome of the tournament or the profit from the session when playing cash games does not depend on the result of the hand played.
Hello. I have noticed that at the stage of the game, when the stacks of the opponents are short, they move to a game that I call ICM suicide. Players start all-in with a very wide range. This is where the intuition comes into play better, because I feel which card is better to go all-in with and which one to fold. And sometimes I go from 65s, and sometimes I drop 33 because this time I just didn’t like them. And the next flop, turn and river prove it. And when this is repeated more often than according to statistics, I believe that it is intuition that works.

Branimir84

Branimir84

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HR
Chips
As experience grows and understanding of the odds, gut feeling plays are giving way to let's say 'educated guesses'.

But further more, intuitive plays were mostly in live poker for me. On line poker is just a numbers game.

barbados

barbados

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Only an oracle can rely on intuition. However, not everyone is given to be oracles. Therefore, decisions should be pragmatic.

mina271

mina271

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
When I first started playing poker I played a lot on intuition and it seemed to work well lol. But then when I started to take poker a bit seriously I stopped listening to my intuition. and sometimes when my intuition says go all in but the cards and everything else says no then i don't do it and fold. but if later I see that my so-called intuition was correct, then I usually have to laugh, but I don't regret that I didn't listen to my intuition. If playing the hand was wrong then I don't care if my 27 would have won if played. on the one hand i just don't want to be seen as a fish and on the other hand i want to play poker and not bingo.

sedlacekj

sedlacekj

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Intuition means different things to different people, even in this thread. Sometimes it is a warning bell that says something is wrong, but doesn't say what specifically. But if we were carefully tracking everything, we perhaps would realize that the situation on the board reminds us of another game where things went wrong. It is better to focus on the knowledge of hands played because it lets us know what is wrong and there is less guessing. Sometimes our intuition might say "that guy doesn't have it, he's bluffing." But if we were paying attention of players' playstyles, and each player's previous plays, then would have something substantive to point to the bluff. In this way intuition is a cover term for identifying a result without doing the calculation mentally because perhaps it was done in the subconscious brain. Other types of intuition is "knowing" something without a reason. The first one could work in some situation, but is unreliable statistically. The second one is totally unreliable. I prefer not to rely on either. If something triggers the first one, I usually look for a reason to back up the intuition before making the decision.

sincos

sincos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
80% of the time I don't make decisions based on intuition.

YenRodriguez

YenRodriguez

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
intuition is not correct, math is everything in poker. intuition will lead you to lose more pots in the long run

thwenth1983

thwenth1983

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Poker is an information game and a people game.

Good afternoon everyone, I've been playing poker since the end of 2018, and one thing I learned, it's very important to take notes from the players, this will help you a lot not to make a move by intuition.
I usually mark good players with red color and weaker players with green color and it works a lot.
Playing by intuition in my opinion is not a good strategy.

R

Recreationalplayer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Intuition is developed based on your experience and knowledge. It is subconscious skill. Dedicating more time to study and playing against good players should improve your skill/intuition.

efranto2286

efranto2286

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I wouldn't call it intuition. I believe more in mathematics and probabilities. According to them you make the best decision... :D

INISHTE

INISHTE

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
Hi Friend.

Sometimes you can't read your opponent, not very often, but I made intuitive decisions and caught a lot of bluffs, the good thing about playing on pc is that you can write down all those things on your opponent's avatar.

gustavofuentes2

gustavofuentes2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I often make decisions on Intuition but unfortunately they don't always go well, then I realize it was just gas. Oops.:smokin:

Jogo4

Jogo4

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Intuition is a response to the game you already know.

Rost

Rost

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I always rely on my skills and experience to make any decisions. Although, of course, intuition is an important factor that must also be taken into account.

Gritz18

Gritz18

To Cesar, what belongs to Cesar.
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Hello. Please tell me, how often do you make decisions based on intuition? Should she pay special attention and listen when she speaks?

I usually don't use my intuition to make a decision on a particular hand, but player statistics. I always like to play a tournament per screen, so it's easy to see how the bad guys are playing.:)

Good luck to everyone at the tables.

amartimes

amartimes

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Risky

As a regular poker player, I make my decisions based on empirical knowledge of some tournaments, here intuition can make you lose a lot of chips :eek:;)

If it is tournament, it is risky! But if you see it as a game, then why not. If you see it as a tournament then should think twice.

maxivega

maxivega

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Unfortunately I trust my intuition a lot and right now it is failing me a lot...:(:(

Rachidao

Rachidao

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It seems to me that over the years of the game, intuition and knowledge are mixed and you just know how to act and that it will work.

Agree with you, sometimes what we call intuition is nothing more than our subconscious doing the math for us, calculating if our hand is strong enough or not, the chances of the villain bluffing etc, and that comes with skill of the game and experience, it's not a random call or not like bingo or lottery. I often see myself going against my "intuition" and been proven wrong.

azforlife

azforlife

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
go with the gut

Best to follow your gut when you're confused, better yet just fold

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
In the poker community, the question of “intuition” pops up from time to time, which helps some players make decisions. Often, the more popular opinion lately is that "playing by feel" should be completely eliminated and always make only those decisions that come from your poker strategy. Another problem is the specificity of human memory and situations when his intuition worked and he opened a successful bluff or knocked out an opponent from a specific pot are remembered much better than those situations where the scenario was unsuccessful. At the very beginning of a player’s career, all decisions are new for him and complex, but over time the brain learns to simplify them by combining them into groups and categories. Each time you deviate from it, based on your intuition, then you should note the results of this hand and separate it from your rest of the game. In other words, you can conduct and analyze 2 types of hands:

Hands where you played your poker strategy
Hands where you decided to deviate from it

AzazeL0707

AzazeL0707

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
I’m usually right when listening to my intuition ��

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I played the first two years of poker, I mostly had to rely on intuition, but the more I play, the more experience I accumulate in the game and intuition fades into the background. At this time, I do not believe in intuition and rely only on my experience.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
Of course you can rely on intuition. Sometimes it is even necessary to do so. But intuition must be backed by knowledge, skills and experience. Otherwise it's a bingo game.
Good luck.

Baldy86

Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i actually am making my decisions more on intuition than maths / odds . which doesnt mean that i dont give odds importance too . but i am a very intuitive player . i think the best is to mix both gut feeling and math

BillyR23

BillyR23

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I don't know if it's a good idea to make your decisions based on intuition, especially online where you can't see the behavior of your opponent, so you can't take advantage of potential tells... Personally, I like to make most of my decisions based on my cards and pick spots where I have higher equity than my opponent to try to increase my chances of winning...

GLGL all at the tables $$$