Chris 'Fox' Wallace (Poker Pro, Coach and Author) - Ask Me Anything!

werty328

werty328

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
hello!) tell me how to improve your level of the game you need to read books or watch YouTube or frequent practice

Andyreas

Andyreas

Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Hi Fox,

I was recently discussing with a poker buddy about if it's easier to earn money in MTTs or cash games - assuming you have the same knowledge of both.

What's your point of view on that?

Personally I suck at cash games so much, that's why my view is highly biased, lol.

Chica_bonita

Chica_bonita

Sad Funny Lady🌬
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
Hello, Chris. 🙂
Until you answered my previous question, I thought that in addition to it, I would like to know not only what poker tools, in your opinion, should be in the arsenal of any poker player, but also what poker tools do you use?

Kinalha

Kinalha

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Hi Mr Fox,

Do you believe that one day nl holdem can be overtaken by something like omaha as the most popular mode in the game?

nasty bent gorilla

nasty bent gorilla

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Can you profitably defend your small blind, with flat calls to raises, in Multi-table NL Holdem tournaments. What key factors should be considered? Should relatively inexperienced players avoid this play?

hennessy5

hennessy5

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
Whats the best place to live for a poker player?

Gh0stL

Gh0stL

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
Hey CardsChat! I've just joined the team to write news and strategy articles and take photos at big events. I thought I would celebrate by doing an AMA here on the forums.

I have been playing poker professionally for almost twenty years, have written two books on the subject, worked for numerous training sites, and coached hundreds of students. I also won the WSOP $10k HORSE in 2014 for over half a million dollars and have made two deep runs in the WSOP main event.

If you have questions about poker strategy, life as a pro, bankroll management, mixed games, tournaments, photography, writing, guitars, or the best places to eat in Vegas, I'm here to help.

My new book, Short Stack Ninja, was an Amazon Best Seller in it's first month and continues to get great reviews.
Hi Chris, Can you tell us what article, book we can read to play tournaments? Thanks for your advice.

kogam20590

kogam20590

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
KZ
Chips
Hi Chris!
Which hotel can check into in Vegas? Inexpensive and good

mattiebumpo

mattiebumpo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Hi Chris, Someone posted on Twitter something called "coaching for profit". Have you ever heard of this? Do you think it is something that could be worthwhile for a player who wants to improve their game?

Z

Zavra

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Congratulations on joining the team and your achievements in the poker world. Your AMA sounds exciting! Here's a question for you:

Can you share some insights from your book, Short Stack Ninja, that have been particularly well-received by readers and have helped improve their poker game?

S

sumdumguy

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Chris a big hello!

Create a project thread to start from scratch with the pokerstars satellite freerolls, any tips for these games? Something that will help my personal project and the community.

ScooperNova

ScooperNova

Hair in a Biscuit
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I'd like an analysis of this MTT hand. This tourney had 1371 entrants, but it only paid 10 spots. 1st-$150, 2nd-$100, 3rd-$75, 4th-10th $25. This was at the final table. What do you think of my call? This was a proper ICM call right?

Chica_bonita

Chica_bonita

Sad Funny Lady🌬
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
Chris, hello again. 🙂
Could you provide a complete list of books (publications) of which you are the author?

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi Chris!
HORSE is one of my favorite types of games.
How did it feel to win the 2014 wsop $10,000 HORSE championship?
This is the pinnacle of HORSE for me!

mattiebumpo

mattiebumpo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Hi Chris, I see a lot of recreational players putting together staking packages and many of them charge markup. What do you think about the prospect of staking non-professional players who charge markup? For some reason, it kind of bugs me and I don't usually invest if markup is being charged.

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Hello Chris!!! It's a pleasure to ask you... What tournament tables do you feel most relaxed at? Table of 6 or 9?

Aside from poker, what other hobbies do you have?

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Hello Chris, a pleasure to ask you, what do you do after playing a tournament?

What other hobbies do you have apart from poker?

Trismegisto

Trismegisto

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Hey CardsChat! I've just joined the team to write news and strategy articles and take photos at big events. I thought I would celebrate by doing an AMA here on the forums.

I have been playing poker professionally for almost twenty years, have written two books on the subject, worked for numerous training sites, and coached hundreds of students. I also won the WSOP $10k HORSE in 2014 for over half a million dollars and have made two deep runs in the WSOP main event.

If you have questions about poker strategy, life as a pro, bankroll management, mixed games, tournaments, photography, writing, guitars, or the best places to eat in Vegas, I'm here to help.

My new book, Short Stack Ninja, was an Amazon Best Seller in it's first month and continues to get great reviews.
How much was the most you earned in one championship? and how much was your biggest loss?

S

skaterick

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
do you ever take part in those big prop bets i read about involving some of the Las Vegas poker pros ?

ammje

ammje

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi Cris, how do you deal with a bad streak? Do you stop playing and focus more on studying?

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Hello Chris!! Do you currently play poker for many hours or since you are a professional have you adapted your schedules according to your life standards?