Chips
Never. If you want to be good you can not distract

tetragorod

tetragorod

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe that alcohol in any quantities can not contribute to the game since lost concentration paranoyya.hotya can say there are exceptions , but it is a minus than a one time experience

L

Lauriss1989

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Ohh no..to me poker and alcohol going really bad..loose loose:eek:

qkamara6ina

qkamara6ina

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Drunk

Have you ever played drunken?how much do you won?

rensks

rensks

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i drinnk 2 - 3 beers, i dont think it affect my concentration, as long as i dont get wasted xD

qkamara6ina

qkamara6ina

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Well i think it depends, at start will be easier for you, you will be relaxed, but after little time you will be too brave..when you shouldn't be :D I talk from expirience , don't do that..you will sorry later.

E

eon007

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I like it too but the variance is higher then ;)

leandrette

leandrette

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I drink sometimes .. it's fun but expensive.. then it is a difficult decision .... I guess there are players who play well with alcohol , it's not my case.

B

bookoface

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Alcohol makes you loose. So definitely no alcohol while playing poker. Also no redbull or coffee is adviseable. Eat some fruit like a banana, which gives you energy & makes you sharp. I read a poker article about it. Redbull/coffee got caffeine which makes you sharper for like 1-2hours. But after that you feel even more tired. Fruit like a banana only has te positive effect. As Tournament take 5-6hours if you're lucky, just eat a healthy banana!

A

almafuerte

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Never i prefer coca cola or a latte, or a cup of tea, black coffee or simply water! :D

T

TheWiseWeasel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Same times i have a beer,i dont think is a good ideea to drink while you playing...

M

mauroc711

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually drink whiskey cold nights when I play, it is an excellent combination.

R

racorel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dont think is good for your strategy....you can think cleer....i drinck coca cola and i smoke...

T

Turn7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my opinion alcohol doesn't improve your skill or your decision, it makes it worth. So I do not consume any alcoholic drinks while playing poker with real money.

G

GlassEater

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
let me tell you, it's a lot more fun playing and drinking. At the smaller stakes, I don't mind having a drink or two, maybe lose a buy in or two. but at real stakes that matter to my BR, I don't touch the juice.

albosaltenio

albosaltenio

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I did a couple of times live but when he was in ITM.

I do not recommend playing with alcohol,
because it gives you value and leads to making silly mistakes

cese1962

cese1962

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The alcohol is the enemy of concentration in everything we do. Poker is no different. If you want to play professionally you need to know that playing poker is how to open and run a business. Be professional.

riderfan04

riderfan04

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I used to lost a lot but had a great time, at least from what I remember lol

Railbird

Railbird

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Everything in moderation...

I will drink a beer, sometimes I don't even finish it. I know, the horror!! I think everything should be done in moderation. Once you start to lose control (or hands) because of your lack of better judgement, no matter what your other addictions are -including gambling, it is time to take a step back and gain control over yourself.

This applies to many other things in life as well.:goodnight

Railbird

Railbird

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my opinion alcohol doesn't improve your skill or your decision, it makes it worth. So I do not consume any alcoholic drinks while playing poker with real money.
But do you while posting to this site???:D

qkamara6ina

qkamara6ina

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Look i agree with almost all of you, alcohol is not very good for poker cause people start to do stupid bet/calls and whatever other. But from other position, think about those people who hmm let's say are shy and worried too much if they play on real or online and they are too worried, i would offer them to drink little to relax themself.