meagain00

meagain00

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
No. I only drink water or juices, or refrigerants while playing. If the game is at my home, so I can drink a vodca. :0)

meagain00

tocloc238

tocloc238

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't drink while playing, but I like when others do becsuse some of them that drink too much start playing much looser and make a lot more bad decisions.

J

Jhow

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't see problems

I don't see many problems, just can not overdo it. drinking three or four beers don't interferes in the game.

starting_at_the_bottom

starting_at_the_bottom

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I play live I will have a few pints before so I am more confident when sitting at the table. I always have this misplaced belief that live games are full of really good players. I play at 1/2 and its just full of gamblers/nits and maybe once in a blue moon a good player.

I somtimes have a drink at home on a Saturday night at home (2 at most) and then play, pretty much makes no difference.

However, one time I went out and had a huge night with a mate of mine. I got home and started playing heads up sng, a game which I am really bad at. I kept losing and buying in to higher games. I ended up registering for a £100 buy in game. I was waiting for somebody to join but fell asleep. I woke up a couple of hours later having missed the game. Moral of the story if you are planning a big night out do not turn on your computer when you get home.

Ivab

Ivab

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like to drink alcohol while playing poker. Jolly Poker. True, I do it very rarely. Maybe I'm getting old:)

B

Bury

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah. Alcohol. 3-4 beers and then: What, who won't call it? Me? All in!

And then I just go back to the lobby :)

garouy85

garouy85

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in no case, no!!! under the influence of alcohol, 9 2, 7 2 on your eyes look as AK AQ AJ AA KK QQ)))

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't know of any good high stakes player that drinks while playing. If they are goofing around, and not being serious, then there's drinking. But when the money goes down, they are super dry (with a bottle of water near by).

G

Gabriel Pinho

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe one or two chopps to relax. But poker and beer together is not a good idea, even if you are not in good standing in a tournament . You need to concentrate all the time.

Fernanda37

Fernanda37

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not drink alcohol , always I prefer juices and soft drinks ... Especially for poker, but would love for my opponents to drink to donate more chips lol

IronHaji1989

IronHaji1989

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing live is sometimes a nice social setting. It's the norm if you are big winner to buy a round of drinks for the table. Have fun!

G

galojmi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never I don't thik its a good combination....sometimes only have a cup of tea that's enough for me to refresh my mind

Fish2014

Fish2014

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
very interesting your question I'll be sincere if and taken alcohol while game but actually to been poorly is nothing to compromise my game also has wrong remember you are in the comfort of your home

S

santrial

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Never, just after a good session, and never alone, jst with good friends.

D

doctor zver

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think small amounts of alcohol may improve the game in poker. Only it is necessary to know the measure.

Sum420gt

Sum420gt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I find that if i drink the right amount it actually loosens me up and allows me to play better... I often times get inside my own head too much, and feel social anxiety when at a crowded table, but having a couple of drinks i can actually focus better on the game.

tetragorod

tetragorod

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Drunkenness is nothing else but a voluntary madness.

Churchill (Черчилль)

The problems of victory are more agreeable than those of defeat, but they are no less difficult.

Dutchtegon

Dutchtegon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When playing with friends I do, then it is just for fun. But when I play for real money there is no alcohol near me. Even the taught that I would play a bit worse then is a reason to not drink.

HAMC81

HAMC81

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do on ocassion, but rarely. I have a very high alcohol tolerance. I dolike to smoke pot while playing, helps with tilt and I'm so used to being stoned that it really dont affect my thinking process.

C

chubbybuddha

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont drink full stop but I dont think in moderation drinking and playing can have a negative impact on your poker playing, in fact i would imagine it could even have a positive impact in some cases.
What I do when im playing in big long tournies though is to watch a film on my other monitor its stops me from getting bored and making stupid shoves.

Slav4obaby

Slav4obaby

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can drink couple of beers why not ;)

Stocky373

Stocky373

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No, better smoke some weed
If I drunk, my ego is big too much, on weed I'm calmly))

T

tomatientje

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It helps me to relax more, but the downside, it makes me more loose, probably better not to drink or keep it under control anyway. When playing with friends its better to keep sober and take the money.

iosif18

iosif18

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
s

hi all , drinking alcohol while playing poker ?it is the worst thing you can do.
You will let emotions control you ,strategy will be absent and most important thing you may throw up on the table or at your computer .no drinking at all ways