VVi10

VVi10

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Of course AK is a much stronger hand, but in certain situations it's always interesting to take a risk with a pair of 3's, especially when we're playing head-to-head.

Igor G

Igor G

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
In my opinion, a ready-made pair will always have an advantage, but to be honest, I would prefer AK.

D

daniel888

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer AK, it's easy to play and enough strong to gamble with medium pairs.

Piligrin66

Piligrin66

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you play heads-up, then it is better to have 33, and if there are several players, then AK, it all depends on the specific situation at the table and, of course, on luck.

Claudiunm

Claudiunm

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think the most productive question would be how to play with 33.

Any preflop pocket pair is interesting. However, low pairs are hands to play passively as there may be another pair on the table and it will likely be higher. Observing your position and attitude towards other players, especially after the flop, is also basic.
If you play very aggressive preflop with 33 and your bet is called, if you don't hit a set on the flop (which statistically is most likely) you're dominated. And then you have to place a continuation bet. By the time he realizes, he'll have put more money on the table than he should.

NightStalker

NightStalker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
33 is slightly better on a preflop all in situation.

V

valanddon

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
AK is the better chance to win. You have 6 cards to hit while 33 has 2.

mushthebush

mushthebush

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
33 is usually a fold for me and sometimes a call and if I don't hit flop or a passive turn I fold depending on who I'm playing with. AK is almost always a raise or a 3-bet.

shard406

shard406

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
both

I think both hands are decent yet on 33 if i don't hit a set there are too many other winning hands to play strongly.

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
This is really a stack-size situation for 33, imo. AK is usually a no-brainer when it comes to a flip, but for tres it usually depends on whether you're short-stacked and ready to double-up or you've got plenty of chips and can afford the call. Making a move in early to mid position w/3's is not recommended. Now this really only applies to a trny situation, imo. In a ring-game fkng go for it. :top:

C

caracaski220

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
caracaski220

Ill take AK over 33 preflop every time. However if its heads up, its a coin flip

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends on whether you're playing a tournament or a cash game. Like in a tourn there are spots from early position depending on your stack where you should fold small pairs.

Then it depends on how your opponent plays. 'Ill take the small pair if I know I'm playing against 1 person late position in a cash game that I can tell plays alot of hands because they'll more than likely have Ax instead of an over pair unlike with some rocky nit and I'm a slight fav. Then it just putting them on Ax and the board is weak.

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I’ll take the 33 against multiple opponents and AK against one opponent. AK is less advantageous against multiple opponents since harder to beat more people. 33 just slightly better with multiple in case spike a 3. AK a little better heads up, can fend off 33 with more hand combos.

F

Fushicho

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What most people seemed to have missed is this: 33 V AK is about 50/50 OK. Maybe 33 is 1% or 2% ahead.
Fine if all the hands are face up, play 33 against AK.
But AK is 50/50 against 44, 55, 66 etc all the way up to 99, and even better against 98% of other hands.

But 33 is 20% against most other pairs and still only just ahead of 50% of other random hands.

So, would I rather have AK or 33. AK every time!

R

Recreationalplayer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AK as it plays well against opponents calling range.

M

M13A13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends a lot on the moment of the game, all cards are playable, either AK or 33.

C

cowboybebop

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AK because 33 is just too love,and i dont like the way the hand looks with two threes.

A

azgeda

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I’d go with AK I trust it more. And the odds are almost the same for 33vAK

Chica_bonita

Chica_bonita

Sad Funny Lady🌬
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
I won with 33
It is necessary to understand that the range of combinations in AK garazdo is larger. If you won with a pair of threes, it only means that you were lucky and either you got a set or the opponent had no pairs. I don't see anything special in your post. It happens.:D

L

Luisma231

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hello

It depends on the position but if it is to shoot fallen stac I prefer 33